EVENT PAGE • VOTING PAGE
PREVIOUS MOSTS EVENT LIST
Welcome, one and all, friends and family, geese and ducks... Uh... Hi. We've entered the period of our Annual Tradition, we have creatively named over the past 14 or so years, the "Mosts". Where you... Well, vote for your fellow users in categories they're "most likely" to be - usually (there's some exceptions, but let's not dwell on them. We're not renaming the event "Mosts but there's a few exceptions where you're the least + a few random ones" just because you're being pedantic).
Whether you spend hours curating your votes, or just sit there at 2am thinking "I'm going to vote Tahixham for every category" (don't do that) - how you vote is up to you. Just make sure you vote fairly, and don't vote for people in categories they don't deserve. Otherwise, if you're caught voting unfairly your votes may not be counted.
Voting is easy! Firstly, visit the event page for Mosts 2021
. There, you will see the votes of everyone else, as well as a link to submit your own votes in the top-right corner (you can also get to the voting page directly from the list of all events). You will be greeted by an array of dropdown menus, which you will use to cast your votes:
• For most categories, you just type a name in the search field. Unlike previous years, only votes for eligible users are accepted - in most cases, this means no banned users and no inactive users, but this depends on the category.
• Valid users will be shown in a drop down as you type, but you'll need to fill out a few letters before suggestions are given. When you find your user, click on them to select them.
• Most categories allow you to vote for up to 3 people. Each vote has the same weight. To vote for multiple people, simply erase your previous search from the field (or press Esc) and type in another username. Users you've already selected will always appear at the top of the menu.
• Some categories allow you to vote for resources or hacks rather than users. Make sure to read the categories clearly before voting!
• Keep in mind that the Best New Hacker, Best New Musician, etc. categories are meant to recognize those new individuals who made a splash in 2021 - please don't vote for folks who have been around for a while in these categories.
• After you're done making your selections, click the Submit button to cast your votes and make them public! You can go back to the voting page and edit your votes at any time before the Mosts end.
(Thanks to bebn who I copied all that from last year - don't tell him.)
That's all. If you have questions on voting - feel free to ask in this thread!
Voting ends just after Christmas this time around, on the 27th December
- 9pm UTC. Follow this handy little timer if you can't tell the time: