Welcome, my dear SMW Centralians!
I am The Magician
. And you may remember me from a few C3s ago where we sniffed out our colour thief, Slurp Bandit
Well, it appears that this SMW Central Creativity Convention, have have potentially another case of unruly lawbreaking on our hands!
Yes, you read that correct. I am not just a Magician, I am also your Judge
for these proceedings.
Last night, Chester
came to me reporting an illegal gambling ring on our Discord server over Halloween, concerning Mr. Switchy
(under a suspicious alias, "Mr. Witchy") - and a whole host of other users. Now, as SMW Central's Impartial Lawkeeper, I am obliged to ensure this allegation is dealt with properly
, and both Mr. Switchy
put forward their points of view. I've also been informed that Mr. Switchy
has enlisted the help of System
as their attorney.
So, what does this mean for you?
. Well, I've made a seperate thread over here
to explain how this trial involves you, the SMW Central users. But for now, I implore you to carry on with your Creativity Convention as you usually would.
Make your threads, and showoff your amazing creations. However, ensure that you tag your threads appropriately
. Otherwise, you may not be eligible for the correct voting categories when the time comes. The tags are slightly different
this time around.
To help you with this, below is a breakdown of what each tag means and when you should use it.
Super Mario World
- For all your threads relating to our favourite game, Super Mario World.
Non-Super Mario World
- Every kind of other ROM-hacking thing (including Yoshi's Island, SMBX, etc), game release, non-SMW resource releases. Not threads for art, drawings, etc. That's covered further down.
- "Standard" difficulty SMW and Non-SMW hacks and games
- "Kaizo/Pit" difficulty SMW and Non-SMW hacks and games
- For Graphics intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For Music intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For Musical Samples intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For Soundtracks intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For ASM Patches intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For UberASM intended for use in SMW
- For Custom Sprites intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For Custom Blocks intended for use in SMW and ROM hacks
- For Tools intended for use with SMW and ROM hacks
Work in Progress
- A Work in Progress project, such as a WIP SMW hack, or a game in development
- A Demo release of a Work in Progress project, should be dual-tagged with Work in Progress
- A Full Release of a hack or game
- A Resource Release that fits the criteria of at least one of the above resource type tags (ie, Graphics through to Tool)
- If your thread contains screenshots of your resource, hack, or game, then tag it with this tag
- If your thread contains a video showing off your work, then tag it with this tag. A Trailer for a release is different to a Video; see below tag.
- if you have curated a special trailer to showoff your hack or game, then use this tag instead of Video
- Art covers everything from your drawings, to your custom made songs that aren't intended for use in ROM hacking projects. If you have created a banging Drum and Bass tune you want to showoff, this is the correct tag.
- If you intend to spend your C3 making things for others, then use this tag.
- Only for the most unusual threads. Only use this tag if you really don't fit into any of the other categories above.
Remember, C3 runs up to 17:00 UTC on Tuesday 11th January. After that, you'll have an extra three days to post in the forum with any further feedback, with voting kicking off on Friday 14th.
Now, all that's left to do is wish you all a fantastic Creativity Convention!