So here we go again, another year and another promising and lovely C3! I will admit that I have not made many new levels since the previous C3. Most of the period since then has been more focused on polishing and bugfixing, not to mention the month and a half long hiatus/break I decided to go on. Not to say that there's nothing new. Bonus and Challenge rooms finally have a Donkey Kong Country Trilogy styled bonus room API, courtesy of MrDoubleA; which is a BIG game-changer and will allow me to make more challenging challenge rooms in future levels.
At this point I feel that this project of mine is starting to get where I want it to be on the gameplay side of things. anyways I believe a brief premise recap and some screenshots new and old are in order.
King Bowser has teamed up with King Wart and King K. Rool in a new alliance known simply as "The Rotten Regents". Together these Kingly Konquerers have stolen and scattered the power stars for their own (as of yet unknown) diabolical ends. It it now up to Mario and his friends to recollect the scattered Powers Stars, discover what the Rotten Regents are up to; and put a end to their sinister scheme!
-1.4.3 "Mad Forest +3"-
* fixed a serious bug in 2-1: Jungle Hijinx where ending the "collect the coins" bonus game
while in a barrel cannon would cause the barrel cannons in the rest of the level to stop working
* fixed a minor oversight in 2-1: Jungle Hijinx where the first "reach the goal" challenge room doesn't
block itself off correctly when completed
* slighty nerfed the upper path of 2-11: Ship Deck Trek
* fixed a glitch in 2-D: Birdo's Bog where you are send right back into the first "reach the goal"
challenge room if you fail the challenge room
* slightly nerfed the end section of 2-D: Birdo's Bog
* speaking of which, I've added a secret easter near the end of World 2 - DK Island. See if you can find it.
-1.4.2 "Mad Forest ++"-
* fixed glitch/issue in 2-Castle: Gangplank Galleon where you can get out of bounds in the beginning of the lower path past the third checkpoint barrel
* in 2-Castle: Gangplank Galleon, the sole Black Klobber in the Phanto room has been replaced with a Yellow Klobber instead
* fixed a minor worldmap music issue in World 3: Ship-Breaker Slough.
* fixed a visual bug in 2-Factory: Fireball Furnace.
-1.4.1 "Mad Forest+"-
* fixed a minor softlock issue in 1-4: Mint Island Mainstay
* fixed an oversight with 1-A: Midnight Memories second bonus room
* fixed a minor cutoff issue in 1-Castle: Seaboard Station
* hopefully fixed a minor glitch preventing players from getting the achievement for beating World 1's boss
-1.4 "Mad Forest"-
* three new levels have been created since the previous C3. They are H1-GH: Spectral Station,
4-2: Riders of the Purple Train and 5-1: Boos 'n' Bones
* applied the nerf bat to 2-9: Platform Perils Returns, 2-10: Aquatic Adventure,
2-A: Lava Tubular, 2-C: Cobrat's Crawlway, and 3-A: Swamp Romp.
* fixed a visual inconsistency with the cheep-cheeps and star coins in 3-B: Alternate Antiquity
* a new town has been added to the Lake Shroomperior hubworld, fitting named Hub-Ville
* a new, abeit condensed minigame based on Mario Bros. (the original arcade game)
has been added to Hub-Ville
* The intro has been redone to allow for a faster start to the adventure
* removed an unintentional life-farming opportunity in 1-A: Seaboard Station
* fixed a minor visual glitch in 3-A: Swamp Romp
* reworked some questionable design elements in a bonus room in 3-6: Snakey Skies
* fixed visual errors in H1-Fort: Shoomperior Starfort and 2-11: Ship Deck Trek
* fixed the missing music error in 3-Castle: Keytashropic Keep
* 3-Castle: Keytashropic Keep finally has a fitting boss
* fixed a minor pathing issue on world 2's map
* implemented MrDoubleA's new KindaHurtBlock.lua API
* custom KindaHurtBlock.lua fixes have been added to both 2-12: Stickerbush Saga
and 3-7: Prickly Passage to greatly improve the hitboxes of the brambles.
* implemented a new DKC Trilogy styled bonus room API that was coded by MrDoubleA for this project.
* updated bonus rooms in previous levels to take advantage of the new bonus room API
* reskinned the Player only and NPC only blocks to be a hybrid of both their SMBX2 appearance
and their JUMP series appearance.
As I've said before in the SMBX Discord server, the amount of work you've put into this is absolutely incredible. I wish you luck in completing Super Mario Zeal! I know the final product will be an absolute fun time.
Hello. I'm Hatsune Blake. I do mostly SMBX stuff, but I am interested in learning Lunar Magic.
You can find my SMBX account here.
Have a good day!
Never had a huge interest in SMBX myself in the past, but judging by these screenshots alone...I may have been missing something from not experiencing this before. Think I may just have to add this to the list of projects I'll be playing later on.
I always get impressed with what people can create in the SMBX Enginges.
Speaking of Engines. Holy Moley I love these train levels. I'd happily play a hack or SMBX Episode that was all about themed train levels.
(could be a cool concept.....)
Regardless I'll have to give the demo a try. I remember really liking what you shown at a past C3.
I wish to thank you all for visiting my C3 Thread this year. This C3 has been exceptional, especially with all the new hacks and other creative works on the horizon. I apologize for the overall lack of new levels but I promise I'll have more next time.