I only started to get into porting this past year by getting the hang of the process of converting tracker music into something usable by the SPC, either from other games or originals made by other musicians, and found the whole experience pretty satisfying.
It's early days in my porting journey and I don't have the talent or ear to port that many of the creative people in the community do, nevertheless here's a selection of rough ports (just SPCs) I did--I look forward to your feedback.
Some ports are from (mainly Amiga) games:
- "Intro" from Fury of the Furries
- "Castle" from Fury of the Furries
- "Teckno" from Fury of the Furries
- "Shadow" from Lemmings 2
- "Highscore" from Pioneers
Some are music from other artists that I found in the tracker music scene:
Listen to Amper's Random Ports
- "Get Down" by raina
- "misha, don't sing!" by sixtus/mystic
- "Moon Level" by unknown
- "Popcorn Remix" by xain l.k (this one was just very silly and I had to do)
- "Who Knows" by fleshbrain
Don't wait up on them being submitted to the section anytime soon, many of these probably won't be.