Banner
C3 Voting has ended! Stay tuned for the results (and Mr. Switchy's fate...)
Views: 958,485,384
Time:
20 users online: Abdu, BEESphilly, blgmadresh0000, buggy789, Dr.Moe, Green Jerry, Hinalyte, isaix, KlonoA13Phill, Knight of Time, Luaxon, LucasMegaStriker, lx5, MallyFractal, Medic, ninj, RaMs85, Sal the Dragon, slakkmichael, SoSure - Guests: 88 - Bots: 80 Users: 53,073 (2,229 active)
Latest: Airdrop6430
Not logged in.
The Cursed World of SNES Assembly in Super Mario World >> Featuring a ruthless "czar" sprite
Forum Index - Important - SMW Central Creativity Convention: Winter 2022 - The Cursed World of SNES Assembly in Super Mario World >> Featuring a ruthless "czar" sprite
Tags:
Pages: « 1 » Link

Last year I released a fair amount of "cursed" stuff, and while I can't promise that this time I'll release something as horrid as RNG Up Pipes or the 56 Switch Palaces patch, I did make some cool things this year that I'll release as time passes. Well...I guess no point in delaying stuff, let's see what I got!



Was asked by JUMP Team to put this under a [collapse] tag.

As seen in JUMP Team's new Kaizo Hack "Send Your Regrets to the Czar", this beer-bellied fire guy is not an enemy you wanna mess with. If you're too close to him, he will open fire at you like a machine gun! Very big too, so you must go below him. Going above him will have him attempt to jump up! You can only slightly outrun his shots. Also cannot be defeated in any way.

There are defines that allow you to nerf him, like lowering how much he fires and to slow down his animations.

DOWNLOAD

Even though Czar is an SA-1 rom, I've been told it should work in normal roms too.

-----



Footage is from a test rom.

Also seen in the hack mentioned above, this burning vine/rope sprite will start to burn away any tiles that aren't solid surfaces. Very customizable, featuring different speeds and if you want it to "instant burn". Extra byte controls the speed, the rest are defines in the asm itself.

DOWNLOAD

-----


Footage from a WIP level for an update to "no name".


Fire thwomps already exist, but this one has a fire in it's belly! (Hi, I like Fairy Tail) These thwomps will shoot downwards or upwards depending on if Mario is above or below it. They're based on this disassembly, which I took the "original version" in there and gave it some extended sprites alongside some logic.

DOWNLOAD

-----

In the next couple days I might update this with more stuff. If not, hope you guys enjoy these two things I made for Czar!

--------------------
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

Are you a sample porter and wanna help with 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Private Message me or Mellonpizza for details. Expect trading "resources" in exchange. 4 more left.




Oohhh yes. The fire rope sprite thing. Sounds like a very fun gimmick to make climbing levels. I assume it's inspired by the DKC3 level with that gimmick? Also I love this giant fire guy, he looks so menacing and mean, my favorite type of sprite. Thanks for making those. #smrpg{:O}#smrpg{:O}#smrpg{:O}

--------------------
The burning vine / rope is super creative, I'm surprised that we didnt have this on the site before.

And I just had a 5 second cliche graphic replacement idea, REPLACE THE FIRE WITH A MUNCHER!

--------------------
Kirbo was here
Please don't click here



WIP Hack:

This is some quality creativity could see this in a forest fire gimmick level 🔥

--------------------


You are challenged by Champion Daisy!

LAYOUT FOOTER:



I think I remember seeing the burning rope sprie before from you (either a couple years back or a year back... my memory is hazy), and it's still super fucking cool to see it here!!!!

Czar is fucking awesome!!! We stan him!!!

--------------------


LinksTwitterDiscordYouTubeSteamTwitch


Nice now I wanna do a Kong-Fused Cliffs inspired level. Good sprites, defitinely will be trying the burning rope.
Layout made by MaxodeX
2021 TRENO vibe check thread
Really nifty sprites (I can say you put them to really good use too). Glad to see you advance further and further in ASM - you've always been one of the most creative members of the community and it's great to see ASM as an outlet for it. Excited to see more from you in the future! #smrpg{y}

--------------------
Really, really glad to see you evolving in every branch, DDV. The sprites (especially the Czar sprite) are ruthless and I don't doubt people will use at least one of them in cursed ways.
Amazing job!

--------------------
A beautiful wish. But there will be no future. Not for you.
The burning ropes are definitely interesting to use for a short timer! gg
What an intense sample of sprites.

These seem like they will be really interesting in making Fire/Burning locations actually have more urgency to them due to say using the burning ropes/vines as your only means of escape.
That Giant Fire Dude looks like they can be re-sprited for all sorts of purposes.

Really Cool and Really Fire Stuff here Daizo. #smrpg{:D}
Really awesome sprites, Daizo, especially the Firaga Fighter (i didn't know the name before lmao, you probably noticed that). AS usual, impressive work! Thanks for bringing more of Czar evilness to us.
Originally posted by Anorakun
Oohhh yes. The fire rope sprite thing. Sounds like a very fun gimmick to make climbing levels. I assume it's inspired by the DKC3 level with that gimmick? Also I love this giant fire guy, he looks so menacing and mean, my favorite type of sprite. Thanks for making those. #smrpg{:O}#smrpg{:O}#smrpg{:O}

Yeah I specifically designed it based on DKC3's version, tho more suited for SMW obviously. Thank you for the compliments, and yes Firaga Fighters are mean boys.

Originally posted by edgar
The burning vine / rope is super creative, I'm surprised that we didnt have this on the site before.

I think in "Not Dracula's Castle" there was a version that are made, tho they aren't publicly released.

Originally posted by edgar
And I just had a 5 second cliche graphic replacement idea, REPLACE THE FIRE WITH A MUNCHER!

Even thought you can't spinjump on (most) munchers :)

Originally posted by OrangeBronzeDaisy
This is some quality creativity could see this in a forest fire gimmick level 🔥

Definitely!

Originally posted by Hooded Edge
I think I remember seeing the burning rope sprie before from you (either a couple years back or a year back... my memory is hazy), and it's still super fucking cool to see it here!!!!

They were made in 2021 so it couldn't be years, but thank you!

Originally posted by Hooded Edge
Czar is fucking awesome!!! We stan him!!!

(disclaimer: we don't necessarily know if the Firaga Fighters are the "czar", and JUMP Team hasn't publicly spoken who they are)

Originally posted by Ayami
Nice now I wanna do a Kong-Fused Cliffs inspired level. Good sprites, defitinely will be trying the burning rope.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Koopster
Really nifty sprites (I can say you put them to really good use too). Glad to see you advance further and further in ASM - you've always been one of the most creative members of the community and it's great to see ASM as an outlet for it. Excited to see more from you in the future! #smrpg{y}

I am happy that you let me use them in Czar! I've really been advancing with asm since 2020, so I'm glad it's being paid off.

Originally posted by Katerpie
Really, really glad to see you evolving in every branch, DDV. The sprites (especially the Czar sprite) are ruthless and I don't doubt people will use at least one of them in cursed ways.
Amazing job!

I hope to see creative uses for them in the future as well, thank you.

Originally posted by 1UPdudes
What an intense sample of sprites. These seem like they will be really interesting in making Fire/Burning locations actually have more urgency to them due to say using the burning ropes/vines as your only means of escape.

(Fun fact: You can use them to eat anything that isn't a solid object)

Originally posted by 1UPdudes
That Giant Fire Dude looks like they can be re-sprited for all sorts of purposes.

Oh yeah, there are ways on how to resprite it to your intense needs. The only thing is it would need to be a design that looks like it can instantly kill you.

Originally posted by 1UPdudes
Really Cool and Really Fire Stuff here Daizo. #smrpg{:D}

Thank you! x2

Originally posted by Alex_X8
Really awesome sprites, Daizo, especially the Firaga Fighter (i didn't know the name before lmao, you probably noticed that). AS usual, impressive work! Thanks for bringing more of Czar evilness to us.

Yeah I'm sad in czar itself their names aren't known, but at least it's public knowledge here. If I were to release these on the site, I would have to optimize the hell out of the code. Regardless, thank you, and also thank you for testing Czar!

---------------------

I may have one more sprite I can release.

Footage from a WIP level for an update to "no name".

Check the top of the thread to download the "Natsu Thwomp", alongside some info on how they work.

--------------------
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

Are you a sample porter and wanna help with 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Private Message me or Mellonpizza for details. Expect trading "resources" in exchange. 4 more left.




Originally posted by Daizo Dee Von
I may have one more sprite I can release.

“Now that I’ve eaten, I’m all revved up!”

This is sooo cool! This fills up a gap of fire-spitting enemies here in this sprite. The Natsu Thwomp is undeniably amazing! Keep up the good work, Daizo.
Reporting for you for this year’s E3. Catch it on 6:00 PM PHT.
And so the Courier who had cheated death in the cemetery outside Goodsprings cheated death once again, and the Mojave wasteland was forever changed.
“Even if you personally are so dissatisfied with life that you want the world to end, surely the cruel reality is that it will continue on, unchanging. All the better for someone perfectly content, like me.”
Aya Shameimaru, Touhou Suzunaan ~ Forbidden Scrollery
I love the burning rope sprite, it looks so cool! I have a funny feeling that there's gonna be more than one hack using it in a level akin to DKC3's Kong-Fused Cliffs (I might make such a level).

The Czar and Natsu Thwomp also look really cool; I'm not sure if I'll use either one, but if I do, I'm sure they'll be best used in the fire/volcano world I'm planning to have in my hack (aka world 8).
Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - Important - SMW Central Creativity Convention: Winter 2022 - The Cursed World of SNES Assembly in Super Mario World >> Featuring a ruthless "czar" sprite

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2022 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks