Click here to go to the voting post!
It is the year 2004. You return home after seeing the Spider-Man 2 in theaters with friends, unaware that you just finished watching the last great superhero film. You throw your sassy Tinker Bell backpack (with "Don't talk to me until I've had my pixie dust!" embroidered on the front) at the door and head to the den, opening up the bottom of drawer of the family's entertainment center. As your mom listens to OutKast's "Hey Ya!" on loop, you pull out all four of your gaming systems to decide what version of Crazy Taxi you want to play. This will be the happiest moment in your entire life.
Your challenge for the ninth quickie SPC Contest is to port or remix a song from a game made for one of the following sixth-generation consoles: Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, or Xbox. Note that this excludes older games ported or emulated onto those systems whose music is a direct copy of a song from an older generation (e.g. the Capcom Classics Collection or the NES titles in Animal Crossing). New remixes of older songs (e.g. Super Smash Bros. Melee remixes), are fine, however.
- Your submission must work with AddmusicK 1.0.8., which you can download here.
- #default / #optimized are not required, nor are global songs, SFX or optimization; if it inserts, it's eligible.
- Entries submitted must be your own. Entries that have been directly converted to SPC (e.g. using SPC2MML or similar tools) are considered plagiarism and will be disqualified. You are still welcome to use tools like PetiteMM or IT2AMK, so long as they are not used for direct conversion; that is to say, you put effort into creating/modifying source files and/or the MML, and the resulting SPC is distinctly the result of your work.
- Send your submission to my PMs in a .zip, .rar or .7z archive. Your submission must contain your MML file, the generated SPC, and any samples you may have used (excluding any from AMK's default or optimized sets).
- Do NOT reveal your submission in any capacity to other people until voting has ended and the results have been posted. Those who are caught doing so will be immediately disqualified.
- All ports or remixes need to be made during the contest period and not before.
You have 120 hours to make your entry, which puts the deadline at Wednesday, March 23rd, 5:00 PM GMT.
After that, I will compile the entries and we will begin the voting process in this thread, after which we will hand out the appropriate trophies and prizes (game genie codes). Finally, you can use this thread to ask any questions you have.
That's about everything so...get to it!!!!