Surprise! Releasing alongside AnEvilGhost's and Stivi's VLDC12 Collab, OLDC2 is finally here as well! OLDC2 is a compilation of the 2nd Old School Level Design Contest, hosted in 2021. With 125 levels and 150 exits, this is currently the second biggest (in both level and exit count) romhack to date!
While not as fancy as VLDC12, a lot of neat things were created, including:
- 121 Entries plus 4 Switch Palaces, bringing the level and exit count total to 125 levels and 150 exits
- A brand new fully vanilla overworld by Lazy
- A lorom version of the Overworld Expansion Patch by MarioFanGamer
- A warp system that'll take you back to Yoshi's House by pressing Start, created by Stivi
- Various per-level coding assistance by ASMagician Maks
- A few broken midway points from submitted levels have been fixed in this compilation for easier play
Lastly, note that unlike other compilation hacks, Dragon Coins do not save at midways! Don't worry however, despite checks existing for both Dragon Coins and Moons, you'll only have to get all the exits for 100% completion!
This'll probably be it for compilations created internally by SMWC Staff, so good luck and godspeed to anyone aiming to compile OLDC3!
We hope you enjoy!