Language…
15 users online: Aeon, ASMagician Maks, Claire_Chan, Daizo Dee Von, DimeR,  Doctor No, FrozenQuills, incogmario, Kdog, Mario's GameBase, MegaSonic1999, OEO6, sio-kedelic, TriStain, Videodrome - Guests: 80 - Bots: 257
Users: 65,970 (2,171 active)
Latest user: DanielHum913

Music I did the past year or so (Only SPCs, sorry! Also, no QLDC judges!)

Super Mario WorldMusic


Hi! I make music sometimes. a lot of music...sometimesSo today I'm going to just dump a lot of these in a folder and let you listen! A lot of these are for unnamed projects so the "game" field will be replaced with DDV Originals.



LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE F



"....." (DDV Original)
A remix of a previous track I made with brand new melodies, and extended a fair margine.

"Against the Fiend" (Super Yoshi Land - The Rescue Mission Plus)
The boss theme of the upcoming re-release of Super Yoshi Land - The Rescue Mission. This one is more-or-less a Final Fantasy V-esque song, tho I put some of my own spin into it.

"Abnormal Asylum" (Mute's Christmas Quest + The Origin)
A kinda re-sampling of the VLDCX song I composed for Skewer's hack. Maybe I'll redo the sampling since I'm not 100% happy with it, but it definitely sounds a lot less generic than the old one.

"Another Droid Strives Revenge" (Daizo's Journey: The Three Way War)
The World 3 "castle" theme, tho will also appear in other areas.

"Bobtail to Battle Mode" (Daizo's Journey: The Three Way War)
The World 2 boss theme against "Jimmy the Train Engineer," aka the assistant character seen in Krack's Kafe. Careful! He'll smash your charcoals to dust!

"Darkness Lies Within' Us All" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
Pretty ballsy of me to 'spoil' the final boss theme of the upcoming "TAY2", isn't it? Well it won 15th place in the originals category of SUPER FAMICOMPO 4, plus...this is only one of the phases of the boss who will use this.

"Evanescent Angel" (Super Yoshi Land - The Rescue Mission Plus)
Composed the final boss theme of the upcoming re-release of Super Yoshi Land - The Rescue Mission. This one is pretty similar to "Unbroken" from Sicari 2 - The Brink of Time.

"Gemstone Cavern" (Mushroom Kingdom: The Aforetimes)
Yep...this isn't dead! While it's not actively being worked on, songs DID get composed for this.
Funny enough, this song was supposed to be for Mighty Luigi Force II before it got rebooted due to a computer wipe. So I adapted it into the very first entry of my series.

"I Know We're Not Different" (Daizo's Journey: The Three Way War)
I won't explain the context of this track, but this appeared in Summoned as Demon Bolts' theme. In DJTTWW, however, this is more of a "pre-boss" theme.

"LET THERE BE SOME" (Castlevania 2 x Deltarune CHAPTER 2)
Bloody Tears but Now's Your Chance To. Admittedly this is using Maxodex's and Jazzman's ports as a base, tho I still thought showing it off would be fun lol.
The vocalists are me and Farolicious.

(The name is a reference to "Venom: Let There Be Carnage")

"Map 1 ~ The Land was Peaceful..." (Mushroom Kingdom: The Aforetimes)
"Map 2 ~ The Kingdom was Perfect..." (Mushroom Kingdom: The Aforetimes)
"Map 6 ~ And so, the war begins..." (Mushroom Kingdom: The Aforetimes)
Ha~! I'm not showing you ALL of the map themes...but I'll give you enough of an idea that will get your cogs turning on what's going to go down. If you're familiar with Krack The Hack's secret cutscenes, you probably know how this is going to go down. However, it's HOW things go down that I think is the more interesting bit.

"Mission of the Great Destroyer" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
I wasn't done with this theme from VLDC13. If you thought the original was good...this one straight up goes hard (I think, anyway).
technically still needs adjustments so kinda WIP but it's good for preview purposes

"Play of the Undead Dealer" (Daizo's Journey: The Three Way War)
Jessica's boss battle theme, with hints towards Jinker Bolts' theme in there. Probably the song I poured the most time into since it started in 2015 and I'm still doing tiny tweaks to it as time goes on.

"Sunnyville" (Nova and the Dark Armour)
aka The Trap Doors but happy. This is at the very beginning of the game when you first play as Nova in Sunny Island.

"The Colour Green is Not Green" (Super Andre World [temp name])
My longest song I've composed at a total of under 6 minutes, going into many keys, many styles, all in a grand battle of samples.
Yeah, I got very inspired by Sinc-X's "Bowser Castle" as I was composing this, tho I went in a very different direction. I wanted to try to blend all 4 "styles" of sampling on SMW custom music, and I found that there are 5 distinct types (technically 6 but that isn't used in this song).

Unsampled, default - SMW Samples without extended ADSR (old-school)
Unsampled, modern - SMW samples with a heavy emphasis on ADSR and other commands
Sampled, 8bit - Using squares, sines, noise and DPCM/DCM sampling.
Sampled, traditional - The use of samples outside of SMW or the 8bit range.
Sampled, scratch - The use of samples that come from commercial media, like Earthbound or Abstract Map.

If you're curious what the 6th one was, it'd be "Sampled, vocals" but this song was already jampacked and at the time I wasn't focused on it. But yeah this song took me about a year to start and finish, and it's very haphazardous since I was kinda going on a whim with some loose ideas sketched on FL Studios. I knew what order I wanted the song to be in, style wise, but not how the melodies will go if that makes sense.

"Principals of a Ruler ~ Theme of Cecilia" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
"She Who Has Secrets ~ Theme of Lumine" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
"Rise of the Hero ~ Theme of Mute" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
The main trio have their themes! ...In fact everyone does, but I already showed off Alice's and KA's themes and some of the other characters are CLASSIFIED so the main three finally get to shine together. Mute's theme was definitely the song I composed first, and there was a kinda 'not good' version of it featured in Mute's Christmas Quest when you got the
Betrayal
Ending. This one I'm way more happy with, and I didn't even have to change the song too much. Lumine's theme got a few touchups tho not too different from the video I showed off on YouTube, but with her it's written in minor to capture her character since TAY2 kinda explores her a fair margine (thus, "She who has Secrets"). Cecilia's theme was definitely the trickiest one to get right; took me two attempts to really 'capture' her character. With Cecilia it's in a very similar style as "Inside The Castle Walls" but you can probably tell since it's written in the minor scale that it's a lot more 'determined' with a shred of sadness. There is still a bubbly nature to it; a sense of being upbeat in appearance but internally...not so much.

Minor keys kind of allow me to portray these characters a bit more 'real', which is a contrast to what was 'before' The After Years essentially. It's something I think EvilGuy0613 appreciates.

"Those Who Lost Their Way" (Super Mario World: The After Years II)
This is to be used in a hub level called the "Iron Desert Bar", where you get to say hello to those who are just trying to get by life in a hard days' work.

"We Haven't Had Enough Bridges" (DDV Original)
An unsampled song that's inspired by Crash's "Bridge To Nowhere" with a hint of Deltarune's "Now's Your Chance To." It's for a private project.

QLDC SPOILERS


"Zero State of Terror" (Daizo's Journey: The Three Way War)
Definitely shown this off before. Not too different, just wanted to show it off again lol.



bonus shit here

"Shrek's Castle" (Dong Cena)
Cancelled contest entry I'm hoping to revive someday, tho with Mario's Mystery Meat existing I kinda doubt it. Still, figured I'd finally show what I did for it lol.

FARO FAK OFF




Anyway hey, that's what I've been doing for the past year. Sorry, I don't think I'm going to be releasing any txts this C3 but I definitely plan to in the Summer. Hope everyone's having a good C3 though!
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

(rip my other userbars momentarily)

I listened to a few of your entries, I'm glad to see that my gift of Gradius 3 AC samples haven't gone to waste. I recognize the Gradius 3 AC Timpani drums in your "Abnormal Asylum" song and it's a pretty good use of 'em actually.




The theme of Lumine and Evanescent Angel are favorites for likely space levels. Bobtailto has a favorite for any Mario kart course. Gemstone caverns have likely submap music.
C3 Stuff:
Music Request, Graphics, Ports, Mario Kart PC Custom Tracks, Overworld, Mario Kart Tour Fans Club, DT's Music, Clothes and Certificates, MIDI and Coverarts

Tonight.. tonight..

Join Discord server now: DT's SMW Hacking Server

My YouTube Channel: Dispace Troblex

Contact: DT Music and Gaming#8283
Awesome, good luck with more ports of yours, Daizo #smw{:peace:}


Wow, talk about a LOT of content here. Not only 26 songs, but most of them are pretty decently long too! Really impressive, and I'd argue even more impressive that most of these are attached to a slew of actual projects you're working on.

To zone in on what stood out to me: first of all, "LET THERE BE SOME" is the perfect remix I never knew I needed, actually amazing content. I also really enjoyed the map themes for The Aforetimes, not only the shared vibe of them but also the clear implicit progression they have, making me wonder what happened in-between map 2 and 6. The TAY2 main character themes were also really good, with Cecilia's being my favorite by a good margin.

On top of this, since you posted them here, I should mention it was both unexpected and really cool to see you participate in Super Famicompo this time around! I feel like I might've picked up better on them being your ports had I heard other songs in this thread, given some shared samples, but that's just how things flow. I didn't pick up on how the different sections in the Green song (I'm too lazy to type it :)) were structured based off of common sample-usage strategies, so that added context makes it more interesting.

Overall, this was some really cool stuff! I hope you're able to make some more songs this next year if you're able (and maybe participate in SFC again... if you want, of course).
embed fail!!




It was a pleasure to listen a sampled version of yourVLDC13 song you used for the main section, I personally enjoyed it a lot when I judged that contest. Really great work with this collection, Daizo, as usual :)
Originally posted by FireSeraphim
I listened to a few of your entries, I'm glad to see that my gift of Gradius 3 AC samples haven't gone to waste. I recognize the Gradius 3 AC Timpani drums in your "Abnormal Asylum" song and it's a pretty good use of 'em actually.

Funny enough those drum samples aren't from that pack you sent me, but I still appreciate them regardless.

Originally posted by Dispace
The theme of Lumine and Evanescent Angel are favorites for likely space levels.

Lumine's theme for space settings, huh? Well hey I'm happy those are your favourites; Evanescent Angel was kinda fun since the beat is like a displaced 4/4 clavey rhythm (like 3/3/4/3/3) as opposed to Unbroken where it's more of a straight 4/4 clavey time signature (like a 3/3/3/3/4).

Originally posted by Dispace
Bobtailto has a favorite for any Mario kart course.

Would not mind seeing that song in a Mario Kart course tbh, especially if my characters are hacked in. :p

Originally posted by Dispace
Gemstone caverns have likely submap music.

Submap makes sense, it's super chill but it builds up a fair margine.

Originally posted by Zavok
Perfect!

ok

Originally posted by Heitor Porfirio
Awesome, good luck with more ports of yours, Daizo #smw{:peace:}

They're...not ports, but thanks.

Originally posted by icrawfish
Wow, talk about a LOT of content here. Not only 26 songs, but most of them are pretty decently long too! Really impressive, and I'd argue even more impressive that most of these are attached to a slew of actual projects you're working on.

I keep myself busy with telling a story, and I want to see that story finished.

Originally posted by icrawfish
To zone in on what stood out to me: first of all, "LET THERE BE SOME" is the perfect remix I never knew I needed, actually amazing content.

It's the remix nobody asked for, but what they needed. Just like most remixes of Bloody Tears.

Originally posted by icrawfish
I also really enjoyed the map themes for The Aforetimes, not only the shared vibe of them but also the clear implicit progression they have, making me wonder what happened in-between map 2 and 6.

Guess it gives me more of an excuse to put some time into the project. (Maps 3-5 are actually written and are spcs btw, I'm literally just keeping the suspense haha)

Originally posted by icrawfish
The TAY2 main character themes were also really good, with Cecilia's being my favorite by a good margin.

I'm happy to hear Cecilia's theme is a favourite. That one's got that bounce to it, which the other ones kinda more-or-less play it straight but I wouldn't change them since they fit them.

Originally posted by icrawfish
On top of this, since you posted them here, I should mention it was both unexpected and really cool to see you participate in Super Famicompo this time around! I feel like I might've picked up better on them being your ports had I heard other songs in this thread, given some shared samples, but that's just how things flow.

I struggle to find an organ that provides a lot of power but also fits in many different 'pitches' without it sounding terrible, but you are right I should try to differentiate the instruments I use. It is a little tricky because the TAY2 songs 'have' to stick to a set of samples to not increase the rom space too much, and most of my new music is for that.

Originally posted by icrawfish
I didn't pick up on how the different sections in the Green song (I'm too lazy to type it :)) were structured based off of common sample-usage strategies, so that added context makes it more interesting.

I don't think a lot of other music has ever attempted it, so it was a fun little challenge. Could the actual song have better sections? Probably. I could've renamed the song in the contest itself just so it's a little more obvious what I was doing (the SPC comment tag had "The Battle of Samples" but all comments were removed in the contest which kinda was a shame)

Originally posted by icrawfish
Overall, this was some really cool stuff! I hope you're able to make some more songs this next year if you're able (and maybe participate in SFC again... if you want, of course).

We'll have to see. That contest in particular has some HUGE competition full of very skilled composers, so the other 3 contests I kinda shy'd away from because of that. Glad to have entered, though I placed where I kinda expected to place lol.

Originally posted by Alex
It was a pleasure to listen a sampled version of yourVLDC13 song you used for the main section, I personally enjoyed it a lot when I judged that contest. Really great work with this collection, Daizo, as usual :)

I'm happy to hear I did that particular song justice! I think I went a little bit extra hard near the end section since there was a good opportunity to double the percussion and the tempo while still keeping the strings and stuff the same.
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

(rip my other userbars momentarily)

Really neat collection of SPCs. I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite, so instead i'll make a question: What and/or who inspired you to start porting custom music to your projects? Do you remember when you did your first port? High quality stuff there, I dare to say. Keep making these cool banger musics, Daizo. #smrpg{:3}


A nice collection of SPC's that are all amazing sounding! I also have the same exact question as Anorakun has but who inspired you to do SMW Custom Music porting? Was it Hooded Edge, Kevin, Wakana or any other famous SMW Custom Music composer out there? #smw{o_O?}
Originally posted by Daizo Dee Von
Originally posted by FireSeraphim
I listened to a few of your entries, I'm glad to see that my gift of Gradius 3 AC samples haven't gone to waste. I recognize the Gradius 3 AC Timpani drums in your "Abnormal Asylum" song and it's a pretty good use of 'em actually.

Funny enough those drum samples aren't from that pack you sent me, but I still appreciate them regardless.

I see I got fooled. Now I'm curious as to how that song would actually sound with the Gradius 3 AC drums, orchestral hit and timpani samples.





I don't need to worry about QLDC judges since we never finished...

Also, I've said it a lot, but nice
Every dream is but another reality, never forget…

My In-Progress Hack

Originally posted by Anorakun
Really neat collection of SPCs. I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite, so instead i'll make a question: What and/or who inspired you to start porting custom music to your projects? Do you remember when you did your first port? High quality stuff there, I dare to say. Keep making these cool banger musics, Daizo. #smrpg{:3}

I started my portin/composin journey when I asked my buddy Scooter102089 how to port back in 2013-2014, and that was my port of Zelda 2's Palace theme (the one featured in 100 Rooms of Enemies, actually). The first port that proved to him that I was 'ready' was Putt's theme from Mario Golf, tho I've yet to release that port since it was more of a test than anything. However it became super clear that I really liked the creation of music rather than the porting of them, so that was where that all started. I certainly failed...many many times, but starting with "13 13 V" (the main theme used for my twitch channel, as well as one of the songs to be featured in Nova and the Dark Armour) that's where I really got a grasp with sampling. It still took a fair bit of getting less than stellar reviews until I released the composition "Diet Pit of Vulldec," first shown off in the VLDC11 level of the same name. It was like I finally cracked the case on how to create music that's not only fun to make, but also just real interesting to listen to.

Originally posted by Enan63
A nice collection of SPC's that are all amazing sounding! I also have the same exact question as Anorakun has but who inspired you to do SMW Custom Music porting? Was it Hooded Edge, Kevin, Wakana or any other famous SMW Custom Music composer out there? #smw{o_O?}

I started before Hooded Edge and Kevin came into the scene; I was more in the era where people like Slash Man, S.N.N., MaxodeX, Masterlink and Torchkas were very much active porters. If I had to say who inspired me...well none of them actually, at least not immediately. When I ported music myself, there were tricks I found that I just thought were interesting to try in my own stuff, and I keep doing this to this day.

If there WAS a user who really got my gears turning, especially as of late, it was 8-bit Music Theory and his many dysections of music that I loved. When I wrote Diet Pit of Vulldec, it was specifically because I wanted to try keyshifting since I watched his video on Touhou Music. While I'm-in no way-a person who can read sheet music to save myself, I keep in mind what key I'm in while I shift and kinda just play around until it works. Sometimes I increment by 1+ or 1-, there's been times where I did a 5+ then knocked it down to -2, and etc.

It CAN feel like I'm cheating when I keyshift since it feels like a ducktape solution, but I negate that by adding something else to the rhythm during the moment. Sometimes it doesn't need it, plenty of music pull it off well without an extra flair, but alas one's their own worst critics. I'm in a spot now where I'm pretty happy with my work, and can more comfortably write something without being too judgemental. (I have finished a lot of my older stuff BECAUSE of what I learned recently, which feels reeeally good.)

If I had to credit a porter for any reason, S.N.N. is definitely one who critiqued my work the most. It hurt, but it meant I had work to do.

Originally posted by FireSeraphim
I see I got fooled. Now I'm curious as to how that song would actually sound with the Gradius 3 AC drums, orchestral hit and timpani samples.

Will definitely be a challenge if I do tackle it, but maybe it'll lead to some interesting results.

Originally posted by solgaleo35
I don't need to worry about QLDC judges since we never finished...

sus

Originally posted by solgaleo35
Also, I've said it a lot, but nice

nice
Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

(rip my other userbars momentarily)

Oh wow there's a lot. The quantity of music tracks is impressive. Here were a few that stood out to me:

LET THERE BE SOME: Bloody Tears continues its reign as the most ported piece of music for SMW. I think we need a "Bloody Tears" contest at this point. This one's a favorite!

Evanescent Angel: The syncopated percussion track (I think that's the term?) stands out in a cool way.

Principals of a Ruler ~ Theme of Cecilia: Definitely has the vibe of a "character theme" if that makes sense. I don't know much about The After Years lore, but this theme makes Cecilia sound like a fair but "tough" ruler. I guess she makes difficult decisions. Another favorite!

Mission of the Great Destroyer: It's that one track from VLDC13 but with a lot more guitars. It's a nice revitalization of the older version! The blast beats starting at 1:22 are fun. Hardcore drumming!

Sunnyville:This was pretty funny when it popped up in the SPC player. I hadn't fully read the first post when this started playing, so I thought "Hey wait, is that the Trap Doors music?"

We Haven't Had Enough Bridges: The string sweeps throughout the track are cool. Nice tension-filled music, and it's also one of my favorites from this thread.

Shrek's Castle: Is that a Michael Jackson yell?

Originally posted by UTF
LET THERE BE SOME: Bloody Tears continues its reign as the most ported piece of music for SMW. I think we need a "Bloody Tears" contest at this point. This one's a favorite!

Person: How many remixes of bloody tears do we need?
SMWCentral: Yes.

Originally posted by UTF
Evanescent Angel: The syncopated percussion track (I think that's the term?) stands out in a cool way.

I honestly don't know what it's called but thank you!

Originally posted by UTF
Principals of a Ruler ~ Theme of Cecilia: Definitely has the vibe of a "character theme" if that makes sense. I don't know much about The After Years lore, but this theme makes Cecilia sound like a fair but "tough" ruler. I guess she makes difficult decisions. Another favorite!

TAY lore boils down to "Mario and co have died" and what happens after the fact. I'm glad your description accurately portrays the character.

Originally posted by UTF
Mission of the Great Destroyer: It's that one track from VLDC13 but with a lot more guitars. It's a nice revitalization of the older version! The blast beats starting at 1:22 are fun. Hardcore drumming!

I'm glad the faster percussion at 1:22 worked out; that was a bit of a last minute change before porting it since I was like "now how do I make this track go even harder?"

Originally posted by UTF
Sunnyville:This was pretty funny when it popped up in the SPC player. I hadn't fully read the first post when this started playing, so I thought "Hey wait, is that the Trap Doors music?"

For a bit there I couldn't not find ways to hide that stupid melody lmao. These days it's "Legacy of the Ruden Family," but even then I found one other use for Trap Doors but that's for an endgame track in TAY2.

Originally posted by UTF
We Haven't Had Enough Bridges: The string sweeps throughout the track are cool. Nice tension-filled music, and it's also one of my favorites from this thread.

I love writing themes that take place high up in the mountains but not quite 'snowy' sounding if that makes any sense, just like how mountains are my favourite level theme.

Originally posted by UTF
Shrek's Castle: Is that a Michael Jackson yell?

Nope, that's an
"OW! Bitch I'm fabulous!"
yell.

Originally posted by UTF


Want progress on 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition? Go here to see.

(rip my other userbars momentarily)

Super Mario WorldMusic