Language…
38 users online:  AmperSam,  Anorakun, Apple Boy, Batata Douce, Blizzard Buffalo, colablues, DanMario24YT,  Fernap, FrostyLosty, Fullcannon, Green, h.carrell, Hammerer, HD_DankBaron, hugoballin,  icrawfish, imamelia, Jamie, JP32, Katerpie, Knight of Time, Laurindo78,  Lazy, Looptaloop, MagikNinja,  MarioFanGamer, NewPointless, Nitrogen,  Noivern, Ondore's Lies, RudeGuy, Rykon-V73, Seamus Sinclair, SomeGuy712x, Stivi, Wavee, WouterBM,  xHF01x - Guests: 174 - Bots: 249
Users: 64,347 (2,453 active)
Latest user: WouterBM

[SMBX2] Alice's Castle Quest

Non-Super Mario WorldStandardWork in ProgressScreenshots



'Sup, everyone! First of all, I had no idea that Summer C3 would still begin at July (thought it would begin at August, and ended being late), but well, what matters, is that I can show, what I just started to work on.


DESCRIPTION :

Alice's Castle Quest is an SMBX2 episode, where the protagonist isn't the moustachioed plumber we all know (Kinda prefer to break this barrier), and instead, the star of this show, will be Alice.

PLOT :

The young girl, Alice, suddenly awakens in a dungeon cell, located inside a huge, mysterious castle. How did she got there? Even her doesn't know the answer. Instead of only stay crying, she decides to take an attitude, and begins to find a way to return home on her own.


SCREENSHOTS :








There may even have little to show right now, but there'll be a lot more, in the future.
I hope you've liked what I've shown here #w{=3}
This is one of the episodes of SMBX2 that I liked the most in terms of details! The clouds on the title screen and the background gradient seem to refer to a kind of alternative world, and once inside the cell, the graphics are reminiscent of some SMBX castle levels.

Oh, I really liked the status bar; was this one based on the DKCR Styled Sprite Status Bar?

Amazing start! #smrpg{y}
Excited for this! It looks like a really interesting project, I will be following its progress #smrpg{y}
Originally posted by Heitor Porfirio
This is one of the episodes of SMBX2 that I liked the most in terms of details! The clouds on the title screen and the background gradient seem to refer to a kind of alternative world, and once inside the cell, the graphics are reminiscent of some SMBX castle levels.

Oh, I really liked the status bar; was this one based on the DKCR Styled Sprite Status Bar?

Amazing start! #smrpg{y}


Thanks! I'm giving a lot, from my graphic design skills, on this.

About the 'status bar' (which I call it HUD instead), it actually didn't had any inspiration behind, but now comparing with the DKCR styled one, that's an huge coincidence.






♪ Something in the way... ♪
Your Alice project looks truly promising and I've seen a few gifs you've shown off in discord. This one intrigues me because part me thinks this is the version of her a certain animation studio made famous back in the 1940's as their second animated feature film. In that light I'm partially more familiar with that version's minor role in a certain action JRPG game made for the PS2 developed by a certain JRPG developer in cooperation with the aforemention animation studio. It might a be a cheeky and potentially spicy suggestion but perhaps a minor nod the aforementioned game could be snuck in somewhere as an easter egg?




Originally posted by FireSeraphim
Your Alice project looks truly promising and I've seen a few gifs you've shown off in discord. This one intrigues me because part me thinks this is the version of her a certain animation studio made famous back in the 1940's as their second animated feature film. In that light I'm partially more familiar with that version's minor role in a certain action JRPG game made for the PS2 developed by a certain JRPG developer in cooperation with the aforemention animation studio. It might a be a cheeky and potentially spicy suggestion but perhaps a minor nod the aforementioned game could be snuck in somewhere as an easter egg?


"Certain action JRPG game made for the PS2 developed by a certain JRPG developed with the aforemention animation studio"?

...what came in my mind just now, after reading this, was Kingdom Hearts.






♪ Something in the way... ♪
Yep, exactly.




Last screen I'll share for this C3.

An aesthetic showcase of the first level, Starview Steppes.

I dig it. especially the colour palette




Originally posted by FireSeraphim
I dig it. especially the colour palette


Thanks. I wanna break some cliché barriers.






♪ Something in the way... ♪
This background reminds me a lot of a night level from Super Mario Bros. 2 (SNES). Good luck with the project! #tb{^V^}
Originally posted by Heitor Porfirio
This background reminds me a lot of a night level from Super Mario Bros. 2 (SNES). Good luck with the project! #tb{^V^}


Thanks, bud! #wario{^_^}






♪ Something in the way... ♪
This episode looks promising! The aesthetic of the levels looks amazing! I am looking forward to progress of this episode!
Wanna thank everybody who checked my thread.
The low amount of people noticing it, doesn't matter for me. What matters, is how my project pleases you.






♪ Something in the way... ♪

Non-Super Mario WorldStandardWork in ProgressScreenshots