Banner
Views: 864,696,354
Time:
9 users online: Golden Yoshi, Infinity, OEO6, singlepat, StackDino,  Teows, Theresy, WhiteYoshiEgg, yogui - Guests: 27 - Bots: 185 Users: 47,871 (2,051 active)
Latest: Shiny_Lugia
Tip: Use PIXI to insert custom sprites into your hack.Not logged in.
Pikmin 3 Predictions...
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Gaming - Pikmin 3 Predictions...
Pages: « 1 »
Even though the game is kept under wraps 'cause Nintendo likes to keep their fans guessing until release. There have been rumors was an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto saying *indirectly* that they are working on a sequel. What do you think the Pikmin 3 sequel will be like?

>What kinds of enemies there will be
>What characters there are
>Any changes to the gameplay
>Or other things

My predicitons are:
Plot:
The game will take place in the future and Olimar's Son will be the Main Character. He is not employed at Hocotate Frieght (like his father) but instead works for a intergalactic research facility. Olimar's Son needs to research on a new topic than the old relics found by his father(from Pikmin 2). He remembers his dad's adventures on a distant planet with peculiar creatures and thinks that will be a good choice. Despite his dad's warnings, he sets up a team (yes team mechanics sounds like a good idea) and ventures to the planet.

New features:
I hope Nintendo does this system where you collect Pokos(currency) just like in Pikmin 2, however you use the Pokos (as well as certain treasures) to upgrade/research on various objects. A good example is a "Technology Tree" (like from the AoE series) where you can use treasures and Pokos to upgrade your Suit, New Items, and most importantly Pikmin. Wouldn't that be nice if the Pikmin has resistance to being chomped on? Also that team idea would be nice, but I don't know how you'd go about that with a single-player...(Multi-Player maybe?)

All this and new enemies, locations, and possibly Pikmin. Oh and they need a difficulty setting!

But enough of my ideas, what do you think the new Pikmin 3 would have?

(Hopefully this thread will last until it's release next year...maybe next year... T.T)

--------------------
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. However, what DOES kill me I'll deal with when I respawn."
-GamerID1j
Originally posted by GamerID1j
Even though the game is kept under wraps 'cause Nintendo likes to keep their fans guessing until release. There have been rumors was an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto saying *indirectly* that they are working on a sequel. What do you think the Pikmin 3 sequel will be like?

>What kinds of enemies there will be
>What characters there are
>Any changes to the gameplay
>Or other things

My predicitons are:
Plot:
The game will take place in the future and Olimar's Son will be the Main Character. He is not employed at Hocotate Frieght (like his father) but instead works for a intergalactic research facility. Olimar's Son needs to research on a new topic than the old relics found by his father(from Pikmin 2). He remembers his dad's adventures on a distant planet with peculiar creatures and thinks that will be a good choice. Despite his dad's warnings, he sets up a team (yes team mechanics sounds like a good idea) and ventures to the planet.

New features:
I hope Nintendo does this system where you collect Pokos(currency) just like in Pikmin 2, however you use the Pokos (as well as certain treasures) to upgrade/research on various objects. A good example is a "Technology Tree" (like from the AoE series) where you can use treasures and Pokos to upgrade your Suit, New Items, and most importantly Pikmin. Wouldn't that be nice if the Pikmin has resistance to being chomped on? Also that team idea would be nice, but I don't know how you'd go about that with a single-player...(Multi-Player maybe?)

All this and new enemies, locations, and possibly Pikmin. Oh and they need a difficulty setting!

But enough of my ideas, what do you think the new Pikmin 3 would have?

(Hopefully this thread will last until it's release next year...maybe next year... T.T)


Yea, as far as I know, there is no Pikmin 3. However, if I'm right, it's a remake of Pikmin 2 with Wii controls. Correct me if I'm wrong.


--------------------
Requested a ban until June 19th. Bye.
Originally posted by Watashi No Kinoko
Originally posted by GamerID1j
loltext


Yea, as far as I know, there is no Pikmin 3. However, if I'm right, it's a remake of Pikmin 2 with Wii controls. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Pikmin 3 WAS announced and WILL be released sometime next year, as well as Pikmin 1 being ported to the Wii, as well as a lot of other Gamecube games.
I'd imagine you'd need to flick the Wii-mote to pluck and toss Pikmin.

--------------------
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist
I'd imagine you'd need to flick the Wii-mote to pluck and toss Pikmin.

It would be even better if you could the remote for aiming, then press a button to toss.

Either way, looking forward to Pikmin 3. It would be nice to see more areas to explore, perhaps smaller, less tedious caverns, and some new Pikmin varieties. Perhaps green Pikmin that can be thrown very far or oranges that could carry bomb rocks once again?
Originally posted by Supertails
It would be nice to see more areas to explore, perhaps smaller, less tedious caverns


Yeah they did abuse those caverns to hell in Pikmin 2. I hope they balance the puzzle experience from Pikmin 1 but still retain the exciting combat from Pikmin 2. After all, exploration and strategy is what sold the game!


--------------------
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. However, what DOES kill me I'll deal with when I respawn."
-GamerID1j
Originally posted by Supertails
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist
I'd imagine you'd need to flick the Wii-mote to pluck and toss Pikmin.

It would be even better if you could the remote for aiming, then press a button to toss.



No...Way.... That's too much like Mario Galaxy, and that wouldn't be as cool, although if it was the flicking you'd need really god reflexes and your arm would get tired... Actually I think there should be an alternate controls option. That'd be the best.
I liked some of the longer caves... but yes, there were too many. Most caves should be between 5-7 levels with maybe one big 15-20 level cave with the hardest boss in the area in it. The final zone though should have all caves be 10-20 levels.

My problem with the aim and push idea is that it wouldn't be very precise... I could deal with it, but I don't really like the thought of it being like that. The thing with he flick to pluck/toss is that it wouldn't take much of a flick to do it. I'll never understand why people swing those things around as hard as they do. Both are viable options I suppose.

--------------------
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist
My problem with the aim and push idea is that it wouldn't be very precise...


Well...I remember watching the Nintendo E3 (which was a nasty surprise for me as a hardcore Nintendo Fan) but I remember they were working on something that improves the Wii-Mote's sensitivity by like 50% or whatever. (Wii Sense?) I think that would help it out with precision if they're released at the same time...

--------------------
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. However, what DOES kill me I'll deal with when I respawn."
-GamerID1j
I think these predictions won't happen, but they are very well. The idea of the Wii Remote as plucking and such would be great, as the Wii Motion + would bring your movements in life to be 100% correct on the game (rather than shaking the Wii Remote throws Pikmin, plucks, etc.).
Originally posted by Nintendo Raccoon
Originally posted by Supertails
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist
I'd imagine you'd need to flick the Wii-mote to pluck and toss Pikmin.

It would be even better if you could the remote for aiming, then press a button to toss.



No...Way.... That's too much like Mario Galaxy, and that wouldn't be as cool, although if it was the flicking you'd need really god reflexes and your arm would get tired... Actually I think there should be an alternate controls option. That'd be the best.



Yeah I agree. I want to use the game cube control like in Brawl.

As for what I'd want to see. I wish for the purple and white pikmin to get their own onions so I don't have to keep going back to the candy pops. X_X The first pikmin, after all, let you restock all your colors no matter which seems more powerful, *cough* Reds *cough*. So why not?

--------------------







I'd like to see rivals of Olimar and Louie. Possibly working for a company that rivals Hocotate Freight.

They'd have to be named Oliwar and Walouie.
Who says it going to be wii maybe its going to be D.S. even if so I predict you will be able to download new areas via wi-fi every month or so.
Originally posted by nick224
Who says it going to be wii maybe its going to be D.S. even if so I predict you will be able to download new areas via wi-fi every month or so.

No, it will not be on DS, they have announced it for Wii and Wii only, sorry... The reason it won't be on DS is because of the same reason Conker couldn't be on the DS, the engine takes to much memory to store on a DS cartrage, sorry );

--------------------
Follow me on Hermitscape for random bits of game design talk and pixel art, or even request something for me to draw.
Latest Post: Wayra Devpost #2: "A Little New"
I REALLY hope we can use the GCn controller and controls for the pikmin, 2 and 4 remakes/ports.
I loathe the wii mote, suvks up battery power, and uncomfortable.
GCN controller = fav controller
I wonder what the Green Pikmin would be like ...
Apparently it makes plants grow to reach new areas?

And my friend told me about a "black" pikmin, that lets you navigate through smokey area's :)

Otherwise, i'd like a Pikmin ... such as a Brown Pikmin, that can burrow underground and retrieve items for you :)
Aside from the obvious want for new types of Pikmin, I really want to see more worlds. Pikmin had 5 and Pikmin 2 had 4, three of which were retreads of the previous game's levels. Who says we can't visit new locations? I for one think it'd be rather fun to explore a house. (Yes Pikmin is on Earth or an Earth-equivalent planet, think about the whole oxygen thing and all the artifacts that are found.) Imagine, you and your intrepid Pikmin explore the house of a real live human being! Find some "treasure" and escape from the house intact! Explore forests, snowy areas, dry landscapes, water, and underwater zone where only blue pikmin could go would be fun too. There's a lot of opportunity here and I hope Nintendo realizes it.
Originally posted by Snow_Dragon Yoshi
I wonder what the Green Pikmin would be like ...
Apparently it makes plants grow to reach new areas?

And my friend told me about a "black" pikmin, that lets you navigate through smokey area's :)

Otherwise, i'd like a Pikmin ... such as a Brown Pikmin, that can burrow underground and retrieve items for you :)


White pikmin already see underground items and start digging when you walk over them. Why make browns which would do virtually the same thing? Wouldn't that make white's ability to see underground useless?

--------------------







What if the made rainbow Pikmin?


I really liked this game, running around, trying to find items we wouldn't even think of as treasures. Whenever I see Kiwi shoe polish, I always think of a "Alien Billboard".

The adventures you could have in a house? That be awesome! The caves could even be mouseholes.

The brown pikmin would be pretty useless if that's what they do.

--------------------
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Donut Plains - Gaming - Pikmin 3 Predictions...

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy