I figured since I want to be involved with the general SMRPG Rom hacking community, I mind as well start with posting.This is a Video of one of my custom bosses. I already posted it on another board, but meh.
This is a video of my SMRPG hack. I was going to use it to advertise for this one website, but it got rejected. Just so you know, this video was taken some time ago, so most of the glitches you see here are gone.
The storyline is a little different, but nothing major was changed because I was still getting used to hacking the game.
There's still a few palette and sprite bugs in my hack though.
<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v6.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=yhqc1&s=6"> Original Video - More videos at TinyPic
Elite Goomba Hacker - Ok, let's do this:
1. That very high hue yellow palette for the ground ='s a no in my book. It's very VERY bothersome of my eyes.
2. I like the idea of using a boo for a shop keeper. hope he doesn't use a invisibility cloth to steal items for free.
3. Staircase still has green around it, MAI BOY D:
4. That pink shade for Booster's Tower and the blue for the mole cave = a definite no. It hurts my eyes, also why would a cave be blue?
5. Bad palettes for a lot of the enemies in the photoshoot area. Especially the photographer.
6. Drybones looks just fugly, to tell you the truth.
7. Bad shadow glitch...thing at the mole cave place....when you jump.(god I need to remember the names of these places in SMRPG, I seriously can't remember the official name. argh!)
Well, I have to say the script is cute and funny. It definitely fits the feel of the Mario games. One thing I don't like, though, are the palettes, especially on the sprites; everything is a bizarre shade of purple, gray, or worse, both, and to be frank it doesn't look that good at all. Try messing with it and see what you come up with, just try to make it look just a bit better.
-------------------- "Lip: A Fairy's Tale" project status: Slow (Visit the project thread here!)