Banner
The Overworld Design Contest ends in
1 MONTH, 4 DAYS, 10 HOURS, 55 MINUTES AND 36 SECONDS
Views: 897,876,914
Time:
17 users online: Ahrion, ArmAusStahl, autisticsceptile1993, BreadEater, Cal-of-Gearva, cal89, DankClam, danwaleby,  K.T.B., MastaBuizness,  PablosCorner, Ralshi02, SiameseTwins, Spedinja, TCgamerboy2002, yv64n, Zuluna - Guests: 59 - Bots: 114 Users: 50,377 (2,288 active)
Latest: hightower7
Tip: If you place too many sprites on the same screen, it will slow the game down. You can use the SA-1 Pack to reduce this slowdown, allowing more sprites on screen if required.
Not logged in.
Super Mario Takeover (DEMO OUT!)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario Takeover (DEMO OUT!)
Pages: « 1 » Link
So, after playing a crapload of insanely awesome hacks, like SMW 2+3 and others, I decided I want to try my hand at that. I had a hack going, Super Itami World, but that hack is hard as hell (look up some play throughs on youtube, I played it too.) The hack is in early development, and the story isn't final, but I got 3 levels done and I want to see what you guys think of it. The IPS is here.

Levels I have done:
Spring Paths
Underwater Volcano(I'm going to change that name)
Yellow Switch Palace

Some screenies


Nice shots and nice OW...

--------------------
Fierce Deity is cool.
Workin' in OW request...
Currently attendind Scape Santa, but I don't know what to do...
Thanks! The over world is still up for discussion, but that's a general idea for it. (Just the first one is done though)

SUPER MARIO in the title looks very nice! The overworld is pretty good, some improvements could be made.

Also, STATE 0 SAVED PRODUCTIONS

EDIT: I swear this is my level 8 marker.
The Overworld actually is weird.
The Main Island Starts out in the back at about 5 8x8 tiles high. However, when you start to get closer to the southern edge, the clifs reconnect with the land in a warped-out fashion. you need to show the terrain differentiation in the Land as well as the sea.

Additionally, your Overworld is boring. There is nothing but a few trees.. >_<

The Custom Layer 3 Graphics (title screen) need work.

Your Level Design (or what I've seen from the 2 screenshots you have given us of it) is bleak. Nothing is that interesting. Screenshots should capture an emotion to draw the viewer into the hack. Instead, these screenies make me want to walk by. -_-

--------------------

Notte Luminosa Progress:

Click here to download It! :D
Originally posted by Yanamanka
The Overworld actually is weird.
The Main Island Starts out in the back at about 5 8x8 tiles high. However, when you start to get closer to the southern edge, the clifs reconnect with the land in a warped-out fashion. you need to show the terrain differentiation in the Land as well as the sea.

Additionally, your Overworld is boring. There is nothing but a few trees.. >_<

The Custom Layer 3 Graphics (title screen) need work.

Your Level Design (or what I've seen from the 2 screenshots you have given us of it) is bleak. Nothing is that interesting. Screenshots should capture an emotion to draw the viewer into the hack. Instead, these screenies make me want to walk by. -_-


Overworld is there just so there's land to put levels on.

I couldn't find a good place for screenshots, and that's why I put the IPS file.




Originally posted by Awesome Face
SUPER MARIO in the title looks very nice! The overworld is pretty good, some improvements could be made.

Also, STATE 0 SAVED PRODUCTIONS

EDIT: I swear this is my level 8 marker.


Thanks. Again, I'm going to change the overworld a lot, I just needed something to put land on.

This hack looks good!
The level design looks interesting, and the overworld is really neat.
Good Job.

**EDIT**
I just finished playing the demo and it's pretty awesome, the only thing I should say is that you, maybe, shouldn't put SO many coins in the YSP, it's way to easy to get lives that way.
That's my opinion anyway, but you might want a better opinion. =P

--------------------
IRC Quotes (March 20th update!)

/MKICK 4: Flantastic Puns
Yeah, that first island looks like the ground is slanted towards the camera. That's fine if that's the look you want; otherwise, make the cliff faces the same height throughout.
Originally posted by Kristian
This hack looks good!
The level design looks interesting, and the overworld is really neat.
Good Job.

**EDIT**
I just finished playing the demo and it's pretty awesome, the only thing I should say is that you, maybe, shouldn't put SO many coins in the YSP, it's way to easy to get lives that way.
That's my opinion anyway, but you might want a better opinion. =P


Okay, I'll do that. Thanks for the positive feedback! :)


Originally posted by Kaijyuu
Yeah, that first island looks like the ground is slanted towards the camera. That's fine if that's the look you want; otherwise, make the cliff faces the same height throughout.


I've decided to keep the island looking that way, I'm just going to change what's on it.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMQHDuM4MT0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMQHDuM4MT0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>


BIG UPDATE. I added a lot of new GFX and stuff. This is going along smoothly. I also LP'ed it on my channel, BluntMetroid.

Just a couple of things.

1. How does water float at 2:40? And again at 3:36. Same concept at 5:13, how does lava float?

2. The event at 2:52 seems a little awkward to me.

3. INTRO SCREEN! You shouldn't be able to die in the title screen! That could get a hack rejected! Maybe change it so you are just sliding down with no enemies? But you can't be able to die!

Otherwise, this is turning out to be a good hack. I look forward to seeing more goodness coming out of this hack. :P

Great job, keep up the good work!

ShodanWii

--------------------
Untitled Hack Progress:
5%


YouTube: www.youtube.com/shodanwii
I noticed that your yellow switch palace is a bit empty. Maybe a few hundred more coins?
Originally posted by ShodanWii
Just a couple of things.

1. How does water float at 2:40? And again at 3:36. Same concept at 5:13, how does lava float?

2. The event at 2:52 seems a little awkward to me.

3. INTRO SCREEN! You shouldn't be able to die in the title screen! That could get a hack rejected! Maybe change it so you are just sliding down with no enemies? But you can't be able to die!

Otherwise, this is turning out to be a good hack. I look forward to seeing more goodness coming out of this hack. :P

Great job, keep up the good work!

ShodanWii


Thanks for the feedback and criticism! On the topic of the water, how do the blocks float? How do the coins float? Mario logic doesn't make much sense. I fixed the event to make more sense. I also changed the intro, because you're right. I would sometimes die while sliding down, so it's fixed.

I don't know. People are more picky on things that mario can die in. :P I really don't know. :)

And your welcome. I hope to see this hack progress. Do you need beta testers?

--------------------
Untitled Hack Progress:
5%


YouTube: www.youtube.com/shodanwii
Sure. If you want to be one, tell me.

Problems:

You're not supposed to swim in lava.

You aren't supposed to be forced to take a hit to become small.

Oh, and ShodanWii; about the floating lava- if you've played the SMB series, you should know that it's natural.
Got rid of the lava. I don't know why it was there. And I changed it so you don't have to be small.

I like the new "Brick" ExGFX's for the arches.

--------------------
UPDATE!

Demo 1 is out! Here is the link. http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=2274

The coin and midway point GFX are credited to DispariScuro and Heisanevilgenius, who make Super Mario TKO, which is amazing.

Some screenies:

Overworld updated!


Feed that Yoshi!


It\\\'s a Heart Star!


Dodge those obstacles!


Beat the On/Off lines for a Yoshi Coin.


A Toad House is here.


Which is the real one?


Metroid?!

Sorry guys, I have to take a small break. If you want to give me some small ideas, then go ahead. Right now I'm working on something else, so this one needs to go off for a little.

Pages: « 1 » Link
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Super Mario Takeover (DEMO OUT!)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks