Originally posted by VoltrezOneMillion
I'll just point a few down-sides:
1. The overworld is not changed.
2. The underground part of the 2nd level has a monty mole that when he jumps he goes up into the ceiling then dances in there for no reason.
3. I saw a bit of cut-off-ness in a few parts of the P-switch bridges.
4. The castle's first part is a remake of a Mario 1 level. Please change.
5. The room before the boss looks like it hasn't been edited that much.
6. Ubber Plains is a remake of Level 1-1/Level 1-2. Change.
7. The level 1-2 part had Piranha Plants that had stems hidden in the pipes.
8. The Cave level after Ubber Plains had "OMG!" in a text box, don't put OMG or LOL or ROFLMAO in your taxt boxes.
Hmm let's see...
1) I'm not planning on changing the OW yet. I don't have a good grasp of how to change it. Last time I tried I ended up making a big mess plus for some reason my levels were not "unlocking" the new routes. If you passed a level, Mario just sat on the same spot. So yeah, I have to keep reading and doing some trial and error until I got whant I want. For now I'll just concentrate on level design.
2) Lol, never saw that monty mole doing that. Maybe it was because when I play-test it I killed him to quickly and didn't let him do his thing. Thx for that pointer, I'm definitely getting him fixed.
3) Hmm...cutoffs, don't remember seeing those, but I'll check on those.
4) Emm the reason for doing this has to do with the plot. Supposedly Bowser is using some type of magic he got from the Star Road to change the levels and some of them are from the past. AT first it sounded like a good idea because it looked cool, but I think I get your point. They are a bit over-used and lack of originality. Hmm... let's see how I can fix this. I'll have to think on how to change the plot and stuff to get rid of this.
5) Well, I kinda like the idea of having a small scrolling room before the boss. It makes like a creepy entrance to the boss. So I decided to somewhat keep that room so I changed it up a bit. I was planing on doing rooms similar to that on all of the castle before the boss's room. They would be like gradually raising the difficulty (Iggy being the easiest, the Morton's is a bit harder, etc...). I'll think of a way to give that room some pizazz and make it look different.
6) Umm this has the same problem as point #4.
7) Yep I know of this and it's nice to now you pointed that out. My problem there was that I wanted to use those platforms on this stage, and those sprites had a different header than the ones from the Piranha Plants. I did a temporary fix by dropping them down, but it is obvious that it looks weird. I'm trying to work around that problem.
8) Thx for the pointer.I'm removing any OMGs, LOLs, LMAOs or ROFLs of msg boxes. Not everyone knows these abbreviations.
So yeah, I'll keep fixing this until I hit the butter zone of being a good romhack. For now I'll just keep doing some level designing and see what you guys think of it.
Thx for the advice.
Send me your romhacks for LP at my Youtube channel Ichigo3223