Language…
22 users online:  Anorakun, ASMagician Maks, Children's Digest 1950-2009, Daemontom, DPBOX, elusive, GrenCarret, HeitorPorfirio2006, HenryJay13, Jordan, K_Dog,  Major Flare, Mane Bros., MarioriaM, monkey03297, Morph Moth, Nicoke42,  NopeContest, smwln, SubconsciousEye, Ultima, Valentine - Guests: 95 - Bots: 308
Users: 55,719 (2,332 active)
Latest user: unccfan2001

Kaizo Hack Submissions - Edit: Most recent list of May 1st

Link Thread Closed
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176


Originally posted by dainegai
Originally posted by MarthX
Originally posted by romscout
Isn't "kaizo" just Japanese for "hack"? (that would mean "kaizo hack" is literally "hack hack", tee hee)


Kaizo means asshole in Japanese.

It actually means "reconstructed" as far as I understand. Makes sense when you think about it; the creator DID reconstruct the whole premise/levels of the game (into something very hard, but that's beside the point.)

The creator originally meant for "kaizo" to mean "a torturous hack for my friend to play through," but when it got around that American/Canadian/ English/etc users were playing ti and calling it "@$$hole", he just stuck with it so, it kinda does mean @$$hole.
Balloon Party.
At times like this, you need to step back and say, "Where's the Balloon Party?"
Very Hard Mario
(I don't care for names)
It stops after the first castle I think? I'm not too sure I don't really remember.
Its really hard.
Save state required.
Enjoy.
Edit: Many complaints regarding the first level and how one part seems impossible (you'll know it once you see it) but just clearly stating that the whole hack is in-fact possible to pass. No part is impossible.
Check out my profile for awesomeness!
I believe le cow of rao. He seems to know this stuff. :P

But yea I was just going off the description in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86NLwCYXfk

Quote
This is not the real name for this series of videos, but it is my personal name for it.
The literal translated name for 自作の改造マリオ(スーパーマリオワールド)を友人にプレイさせる is "Making my friend play through my own Mario(Super Mario World) hack", hence Kaizo(hack) Mario to the USA.


EDIT: whoa, a dokuro-chan layout
EDIT2: whoa, a dokuro-chan username
PIPEFREAK, Your 'extreme' hack isn't very extreme...
I remember some while ago I checked the hacks waiting to be moderated page. I found this hack called 'Super Noob World' and the description was that 'it would bring out the noob in all of us' meaning it was defintely kaizo. It looked extrmely hard aswell from the screenshots...

Unfortuanetly, It's in the hack removal log. Most of the reasons for it being removed were because it's painfully kaizo-like hard. Just look at it here:

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=thread&id=144&page=33

it's got floating munchers, a ton places to get stuck, overkill on enemies etc.etc. Hopefully just what you're looking for. I'll try to contact the author to see if I can get it back for this thread...

did I mention it has 88 exits?


Originally posted by mariomaster4000
I remember some while ago I checked the hacks waiting to be moderated page. I found this hack called 'Super Noob World' and the description was that 'it would bring out the noob in all of us' meaning it was defintely kaizo. It looked extrmely hard aswell from the screenshots...

Unfortuanetly, It's in the hack removal log. Most of the reasons for it being removed were because it's painfully kaizo-like hard. Just look at it here:

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=thread&id=144&page=33

it's got floating munchers, a ton places to get stuck, overkill on enemies etc.etc. Hopefully just what you're looking for. I'll try to contact the author to see if I can get it back for this thread...

did I mention it has 88 exits?


First off, that was the first time it got rejected, and the creator has gotten around the floating munchers and cheap kills.

Second, it's not kaizo, it's just difficult (kaizo is MUCH more difficult).

Third, when he said "it would bring out the noob in all of us" he meant that it would make us do noobish things to try and solve it (glitching, using Lunar Recover to look for answers, etc).

Fourth, ALL KAIZO AREAS WERE REMOVED, so don't expect it here soon. It will most likely wind up in the Hacks section like every other game.
Userbar

View my YouTube channel here!
View my website here!
Thanks, I8Strudel. Some people don't understand the concept of 'kaizo'. Super Noob world wasn't kaizo.


Originally posted by romscout
I believe le cow of rao. He seems to know this stuff. :P

But yea I was just going off the description in this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86NLwCYXfk

Quote
This is not the real name for this series of videos, but it is my personal name for it.
The literal translated name for 自作の改造マリオ(スーパーマリオワールド)を友人にプレイさせる is "Making my friend play through my own Mario(Super Mario World) hack", hence Kaizo(hack) Mario to the USA.


EDIT: whoa, a dokuro-chan layout
EDIT2: whoa, a dokuro-chan username

THANK YOU, ROMSCOUT! NOW, LET THERE BE NO MORE OF THIS "WHAT DOES KAIZO MEAN" STUFF!
Balloon Party.
At times like this, you need to step back and say, "Where's the Balloon Party?"
kaizo 3 made my day!
(Opens door and smash by red switch place blocks) hahaha I was laughing the whole day about that...then i got mad cause now i have to start over
Hack progress -2% psh....
Advance wars 2 hack-0% again psh
Shining force 2 hack: still TBA

"Those who stand in the way of virtue shall fail"

Do you know what sucks? When you spend 40 minutes making a TAS in Snes9x after fucking up the first attempt to find out you forgot to click record movie. SUCKS.
"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -RD
Originally posted by Shiningdragon000
kaizo 3 made my day!
(Opens door and smash by red switch place blocks) hahaha I was laughing the whole day about that...then i got mad cause now i have to start over

Yeah,me too!

I started over, but the good thing is that it wasn't very kaizoish at all! (for me) So I didn't have to labor to get back to that part.
keep up the good work everybody! :D
Give me back my layout
Originally posted by NekohDot
Do you know what sucks? When you spend 40 minutes making a TAS in Snes9x after fucking up the first attempt to find out you forgot to click record movie. SUCKS.


Hey, join the club.
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
Judging by feedback about Kaizo 3, I have decided to make levels that will be EVEN harder than before, so be sure to expect another demo soon.

NOTE: By even harder, I mean so hard that it will make you cry.

Also, who here likes the OW for Kaizo 3? It took me about 2 hours to design. I don't mean the OW for the first demo, but the second demo, by the way.



~Pirate Yoshi~
As hard as mine?
The OW is relatively good...
Can't say mine is any better...
Why don't you make better paths and events?
Originally posted by Panga
Originally posted by NekohDot
Do you know what sucks? When you spend 40 minutes making a TAS in Snes9x after fucking up the first attempt to find out you forgot to click record movie. SUCKS.


Hey, join the club.


Hey, I'm the one who started it. =-P
holy dear mother of christ this thing has been released
Originally posted by Ultimaximus
Soon, I'll make my own Kaizo hack. It will probably be more annoying and tedious than hard, though.


Good luck with that.

Originally posted by PY
NOTE: By even harder, I mean so hard that it will make you cry.


There's no way it's going to match the power of my hacks.

Originally posted by dainegai
Originally posted by Panga
Originally posted by NekohDot
Do you know what sucks? When you spend 40 minutes making a TAS in Snes9x after fucking up the first attempt to find out you forgot to click record movie. SUCKS.


Hey, join the club.


Hey, I'm the one who started it. =-P


Sure you did. (seriously)
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
Originally posted by Prof. Yoshi
As hard as mine?


Quite possibly harder. I've already made a 2-screen level that is absolutely MURDEROUS. I'm dead serious. It's nearly impossible.

You start out and you have to dodge Bullet Bills in narrow corridors, and there is a Puntin' Chuck/Charlie throwing balls at you. You have to time it just right, rush down the corridor after the Bills are fired, jump over a baseball at the bottom corridor, then rush your big, fat butt over to a hole in the floor, which has a P-Switch in it. This P. Switch enables the Chuck to jump and throw more balls after you as you try to rush out of the corridor, with the Bullet Bills. Then you'll find a pipe leading to the final screen, where you have to hurry to get to the Goal. The time limit is 100 seconds, by the way.

Though it's nowhere near as hard as something Panga would make, it's still a pretty hard level.

EDIT: I'm just a Ninja magnet today, aren't I? :|



~Pirate Yoshi~
Doesn't sound that hard.
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
Link Thread Closed