Language…
17 users online:  AmperSam, ASMagician Maks, AyGaAlPa, BAUGNR,  Burning Loaf, Jolpengammler, JupiHornet, KlonoA13Phill, Koopster,  Losoall, LouisDoucet, Mane Bros., Monomate, Overcrow03, Romano338, Sokobansolver, UFrozenO - Guests: 88 - Bots: 157
Users: 55,644 (2,431 active)
Latest user: Oclayos

Kaizo Hack Submissions - Edit: Most recent list of May 1st

Link Thread Closed
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 107
  • 108
  • 109
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
Originally posted by Ownerthugz
Originally posted by OGS93
well my progress on "Into The Abyss" has been slow but i think the traps that i am using will be worth it.

I'd just like to ask what would be harder to keep and double grab with other items throughout the stage?

-Key
-Pswitch
-shell

?

trying to give it the maximum "WTF" factor here xD


I find that springs are harder to double-grab.


aha yes... i forgot the springs... and the jumps are a little harder to pull off than a shell jump, i shall have that as my "keep till the end" item :P

EDIT: i had this window up with the text in the whole time and forgot to post it so sorry for the delay D:
REMOVED


Like the new layout? (I should make the overworld paths more like this in my non-Kaizo hacks)

Anyway, for the double-grabbing question, I find everything the same difficulty to double-grab. Shell is the hardest to keep, though, as if you hit an enemy you no longer have it, and you can't place it down anywhere without risking it disappearing.
Hyphen: I disagree. Shells can be used to kill enemies making it easier to bring it through the entire level.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Hyphen: I disagree. Shells can be used to kill enemies making it easier to bring it through the entire level.


It really depends on the level, some may have 'surprise' enemies. But meh, it's all up to personal preference.
Originally posted by OGS93
well my progress on "Into The Abyss" has been slow but i think the traps that i am using will be worth it.

I'd just like to ask what would be harder to keep and double grab with other items throughout the stage?

-Key
-Pswitch
-shell

?

trying to give it the maximum "WTF" factor here xD


in my opinion...

(going from hardest to easiest)

1) Spring
2) Shell (easy on levels where you have room to set up, if it is just like drop, and grab it is hard)
3) Key
4) P Switch
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
waoh its feedback central here xD

anyways thanks everyone ill have a new preview up tomorrow of another part of "Into The Abyss"

i will be using the spring to carry to the end of the level :)
REMOVED
Originally posted by OGS93
waoh its feedback central here xD

anyways thanks everyone ill have a new preview up tomorrow of another part of "Into The Abyss"

i will be using the spring to carry to the end of the level :)


do spring and shell! or actually do the requirement of a triple grab of p switches.... YES TRIPPLE GRAB P SWITCHES!!! THAT IS THE HARDEST! well actually the more u do the harder... also, multiple spring grab is easy with a yoshi...
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by SoulJester726
Originally posted by OGS93
waoh its feedback central here xD

anyways thanks everyone ill have a new preview up tomorrow of another part of "Into The Abyss"

i will be using the spring to carry to the end of the level :)


do spring and shell! or actually do the requirement of a triple grab of p switches.... YES TRIPPLE GRAB P SWITCHES!!! THAT IS THE HARDEST! well actually the more u do the harder... also, multiple spring grab is easy with a yoshi...


Ah, if you're going down that road do a quadruplegrab;

1 Spring
1 Pow
2 Shells

It's possible.

Well, I finished my hack and my contest entry. I'm done for a while, all I got running are the puzzle contest and the glitchlist :)
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Holy damn, it's possible to grab more then two things at once? I.. You... WHAT???
Good fucking bye.
Originally posted by GoldenSonic15
Holy damn, it's possible to grab more then two things at once? I.. You... WHAT???


I was talking about the two shells you funny guy XD
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by GoldenSonic15
Holy damn, it's possible to grab more then two things at once? I.. You... WHAT???


ya it is, i can post a vid here of how to do spring boards, i can do six! xD

i cant do p switches yet though, but i know how to set up to do it the easiest, but once ur set up, it requires perfect placement and a perfect grab, otherwise you may just double grab! xD

but it is possible, as far as i know, to grab 8 p switches!
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
As far as I know it is possible to grab as many items as can be on-screen in a single grab (making 8).
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
As far as I know it is possible to grab as many items as can be on-screen in a single grab (making 8).


... I don't want to know how hard it is to do that.

Edit: (Bursts out laughing at the Tap-tap thingy)
Good fucking bye.
Obviously it's only used in TAS'es. Besides, you almost never need 8 items. I can only remember one hack where I used 7 P-switches in one level (one screen even), but never 8.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Obviously it's only used in TAS'es. Besides, you almost never need 8 items. I can only remember one hack where I used 7 P-switches in one level (one screen even), but never 8.


lol, i have a puzzle requiring 8! xD
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Obviously it's only used in TAS'es. Besides, you almost never need 8 items. I can only remember one hack where I used 7 P-switches in one level (one screen even), but never 8.


What hack would that be?

Why not go to my Youtube channel?

To be really honest I broke the level I was talking about, you needed 4 switches and perfect timing but I used 7 switches and all the time in the world.

Hmm, I found the hack but I'm not sure if it has been released yet (I do a lot of playtesting). Better not spoil something.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
To be really honest I broke the level I was talking about, you needed 4 switches and perfect timing but I used 7 switches and all the time in the world.

Hmm, I found the hack but I'm not sure if it has been released yet (I do a lot of playtesting). Better not spoil something.


mine?!?
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
what have i started

2 shells? what in the unholy?

if you do double grab it, wuldnt it still register the two shells colliding therefore destroying each other?

and on the subject of extreme pswitch in one screen.... why didnt anyone mention "pit of death"?

isnt that like 6 midair pswitch jumps?

i think thats pretty hard as a whole xD


and then in mine having to carry the spring with midair item abuse (not the hack :S) without losing that spring and it scrolling, quite the... hmmm i just go with more torturing than hell xD
REMOVED

Originally posted by OGS93
what have i started

2 shells? what in the unholy?

if you do double grab it, wuldnt it still register the two shells colliding therefore destroying each other?

and on the subject of extreme pswitch in one screen.... why didnt anyone mention "pit of death"?

isnt that like 6 midair pswitch jumps?

i think thats pretty hard as a whole xD


and then in mine having to carry the spring with midair item abuse (not the hack :S) without losing that spring and it scrolling, quite the... hmmm i just go with more torturing than hell xD


By using some glitch, shells can lose interaction with other sprites, and therefore not kill each other when doublegrabbing them. Not sure how it works exactly.

Also, Pit of death had 5 P-switches, but it was epic juggle, not multigrab. :P

Words.
[22:25:05] <%andy_k_250> Turkey and Grease will one day be reunited - that day will be... Thanksgiving
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 107
  • 108
  • 109
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
Link Thread Closed