Language…
7 users online: AnEvilGhost,  Fernap, jc5500, KlonoA13Phill, MORC, Natsuz2, YoshTakuYT - Guests: 91 - Bots: 183
Users: 55,644 (2,431 active)
Latest user: Oclayos

Kaizo Hack Submissions - Edit: Most recent list of May 1st

Link Thread Closed
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 118
  • 119
  • 120
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
I think that anything that is too hard to be submitted to smwcentral should be considered Kaizo. Otherwise, certain hacks will have nowhere to go since they won't be submittable in this thread or on smwcentral. As far as Super Fun World (Snake X) goes, I don't think a judgment can be made based on the first level alone. Kouhai Mario 1 and 2 I would consider to be Kaizo although they are, for the most part, easier than the original Kaizo Mario. This was the first level of Kouhai 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5viHRZg7sM

If you have any doubts as to whether or not the hack is Kaizo look at his level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1VxFGYdtM
Actually SoulJester, the way I did it was just colour everything in the GFX files the black colour, because I didn't know too much about palettes at that time.
Holy damn, the Kouhais are IMO the best Kaizo hacks ever. <3
Good fucking bye.
Originally posted by Hyphen
Actually SoulJester, the way I did it was just colour everything in the GFX files the black colour, because I didn't know too much about palettes at that time.


how did u do that? i dont really know how to use any external editors.
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Hey, has anyone beaten Tower Of Impossible? I can't get even CLOSE to beating one of the reznors.
Originally posted by Paradox
I think that anything that is too hard to be submitted to smwcentral should be considered Kaizo. Otherwise, certain hacks will have nowhere to go since they won't be submittable in this thread or on smwcentral. As far as Super Fun World (Snake X) goes, I don't think a judgment can be made based on the first level alone. Kouhai Mario 1 and 2 I would consider to be Kaizo although they are, for the most part, easier than the original Kaizo Mario. This was the first level of Kouhai 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5viHRZg7sM

If you have any doubts as to whether or not the hack is Kaizo look at his level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob1VxFGYdtM


Speaking of the Kouhais, does anybody have a link? I've been looking everywhere!
Finally got a layout :D!
Originally posted by abk129

Speaking of the Kouhais, does anybody have a link? I've been looking everywhere!


The hacks are here:

http://mario.karou.jp/mario.html

The site is in Japanese though so you might want to use google translate.
Originally posted by SoulJester726
Originally posted by Hyphen
Actually SoulJester, the way I did it was just colour everything in the GFX files the black colour, because I didn't know too much about palettes at that time.


how did u do that? i dont really know how to use any external editors.


I extracted the GFX, opened it all up in YY-CHR and replaced all the colours with colour... I think it was 01 but I can't remember. The darkest blue one nearest to the left, without loading a savestate.
Originally posted by Hyphen
Originally posted by SoulJester726
Originally posted by Hyphen
Actually SoulJester, the way I did it was just colour everything in the GFX files the black colour, because I didn't know too much about palettes at that time.


how did u do that? i dont really know how to use any external editors.


I extracted the GFX, opened it all up in YY-CHR and replaced all the colours with colour... I think it was 01 but I can't remember. The darkest blue one nearest to the left, without loading a savestate.


wow... you made one of the best kaizo's I have played... and you didnt know about custom pallettes?

you are my hero sir :')

REMOVED
What would you say to a hack that trapped the player as a punishment for trying to break the level?
Originally posted by Paradox
Originally posted by abk129

Speaking of the Kouhais, does anybody have a link? I've been looking everywhere!


The hacks are here:

http://mario.karou.jp/mario.html

The site is in Japanese though so you might want to use google translate.


... Wow. I was on that site looking for them when I asked where to find them. I was looking in the wrong section! Fail.

EDIT: NINJA'D
Finally got a layout :D!
Originally posted by Error 52
What would you say to a hack that trapped the player as a punishment for trying to break the level?


"BRING IT ON!"


that's what I'd say. Also I like that concept, it can actually be found in my hack too.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Error 52
What would you say to a hack that trapped the player as a punishment for trying to break the level?


I would say:

"F*CK IT! I WANTED TO BREAK THE LEVEL! I QUIT!!!"

Thats what happened to me when i got pissed at "The Navigator" in spw3, and i decided to wall jump to get the feather. Then i picked up the flower, got passed the sapp wall, and when i switched... I LOST MY POWER UP!!! then i tried it to get the p switch, and at the keyhole i was like, this is impossible, and jumped up top, the you go all the way to the right, AND YOU GET TRAPPED BY INVISIBLE NOTE BLOCKS!!!
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by Error 52
What would you say to a hack that trapped the player as a punishment for trying to break the level?


or you could just make it unbreakable?

unless you truly want the player to be pissed off to the point of giving up :/


REMOVED
Originally posted by OGS93
Originally posted by Error 52
What would you say to a hack that trapped the player as a punishment for trying to break the level?


or you could just make it unbreakable?

unless you truly want the player to be pissed off to the point of giving up :/



like that ass hole lechuck! jk
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by OGS93
or you could just make it unbreakable?

I'll take that challenge, please create me an unbreakable yet challenging and fun Kaizo hack. I'd prefer it to have a bit of quality, non-linear, etc.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Originally posted by OGS93
or you could just make it unbreakable?

I'll take that challenge, please create me an unbreakable yet challenging and fun Kaizo hack. I'd prefer it to have a bit of quality, non-linear, etc.


thats what im gonna be doing with black and white
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by SoulJester726
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Originally posted by OGS93
or you could just make it unbreakable?

I'll take that challenge, please create me an unbreakable yet challenging and fun Kaizo hack. I'd prefer it to have a bit of quality, non-linear, etc.


thats what im gonna be doing with black and white


there you go, SD ^^; play his hack...

*runs away*


but anywho its not hard to just not supply extreme items i.e yosh with pswitches, keys and other stupid things like that

or just put a roof over it :S

REMOVED
Hm, I remember that hack. It used to be on the Kaizo list under a different name, but I had played... *checks Megavideo* the first 7 levels or so, and though it was fun it really didn't seem Kaizo-like. Eh.

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
  • 113
  • 114
  • 115
  • 116
  • 117
  • 118
  • 119
  • 120
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
Link Thread Closed