Can someone try One Island? It's probably not that good though. there's 9 exits and I'm sorry if its too many, but to get to the last 4 secret exits you need the switch palaces, which i hear were really overused lol.
Wow, Im good at finding glitches. I have fixed the most of those that I found, but there is still some minor that I cant fix.
Here a link to the newest (and probably the last) version:
http://bin.smwcentral.net/713 (trip to yoshi's house)fixed v2
(it's not the same one that's in the list)
I really like this level. Its original and I haven't seen anyone that have used ideas like this one. Does someone want to try it?
Hope it will get a good score.
The others levels looks really good. If someone would make a big hack of all the levels, I would love it.
Are you going to give out many prizes like for example: most original, most good looking, best replay value...
This is a really fun contest. I like that there's only vanilla hacks allowed.
Hope that there's one next year too.
Thanks for the criticism! Now, for your questions:
- The sideways munchers was created by just rotating the muncher graphics 90 degrees in YY-CHR, and then ExAnimating them.
- The computer screens are made by copying the SMW default font into an ExGFX file (luckily, they change to 4bpp when copied into a 4bpp file), and then using the climbing net tiles for the outlines.
- Same thing for the castle cutscene room, though it was a bit easier: I didn't even have to create an ExGFX file for those graphics, just load the GFX file containing them into SP3 and create the 16x16 tiles.
- The flashing lights in the background after the self destruction sequence is activated are actually the big OW level tiles, with an ExAnimated palette.
- The reason the midway point is at the airship part is because the switch palaces kind of act like check points, so it wasn't needed during the normal exit.
- And since the midway entrance has to be in the same room as the main entrance, it ended up a bit odd, as you noticed.
Oh, and for the blue switch palace: didn't you notice that the coins at the end form big warning signs?
@Ultimaximus: I see you complained about a sprite in Deja Vu Tower glitching on the top of the screen, that happens once in my level, but I've seen it happen in every other hack with a situation like that.
I'm not sure if I can do all these before the judging period ends, but since some of you will be putting these in your hacks, I'll make sure to do every one of these. That's my job as a beta tester/hack reviewer.