Banner
Views: 932,207,713
Time:
14 users online: 7 up,  Alex_X8, Francium, Green Jerry, Isikoro,  JamesD28, Julintendo, Knight of Time, LeoJiraiya, MegaSonic1999, nanec, pakkie, SuperMarioDs64, Valentine - Guests: 65 - Bots: 106 Users: 52,038 (2,101 active)
Latest: riverrunner836
Tip: The music in SMW's default castle/ghost house intros and boss battles can be changed by hex editing. See $0584DB and $0584E2 in the ROM map.
Not logged in.
Official Tool/Sprite/Etc. Help Thread
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Official Tool/Sprite/Etc. Help Thread
Pages: « 1 281 82 83 84 85 86 » Link - Thread Closed
Originally posted by MarioFanGamer
I'm wondering why you didn't put the switch in a seperate room without the enemies in the first place because that allows you to use the switch palace sprite set (and therefore the graphics for the message) without any issues.


seems logical ^^ as a noob nowatimes i'm learning by doing and watching tuts or reading in this great forum here. I leaved exits, midway points, entrances and so on untouched this time, but big thx for the fast answer.

What i've seen in a kaizo hack (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca5MWN_p1V8&t=96s) these perfect fitting corners from that striped things. These must be extern gfx?
Correct. There are quite a few switch palace graphics which does that. Specifically, this switch palace expansion add corners and slopes whereas the Switch Palace Expansion is quite extensive but may overwhelm you, not to mention you have to recreate the level because it adds so much.
I'm new to SMW hacking and I have no idea how to get those blocks that are solid for everything except Mario. Are they already in the game or are they custom blocks or something?
Originally posted by 5003erX
I'm new to SMW hacking and I have no idea how to get those blocks that are solid for everything except Mario. Are they already in the game or are they custom blocks or something?


Both. Tile 1F0 in SMW is kind of solid for sprites but it has odd behavior and it's only solid on top for sprites. There is a custom block that has better functionality but I can't seem to find it in the blocks section, best asking for that in the general resource thread which you can find here.
I'm trying to use YY-CHR but the text is all garbled. I already tried renaming the language files to English (even though they were already in English) and nothing has happened. Can someone help me with this?
Originally posted by 5003erX
I'm trying to use YY-CHR but the text is all garbled. I already tried renaming the language files to English (even though they were already in English) and nothing has happened. Can someone help me with this?

How exactly are you renaming them? If I recall correctly, what you need to do is change the file extension from .ENG to .ENU. (Or possibly something else if you're not from the US.)

--------------------


 
Originally posted by MarioFanGamer
There are quite a few switch palace graphics which does that.


Great, thx, i will test this as soon as i Start working with exgfx.


Question bout the hammerbro, how can He turned to throw Hammers faster? X pos related?
Originally posted by WhiteYoshiEgg
Originally posted by 5003erX
I'm trying to use YY-CHR but the text is all garbled. I already tried renaming the language files to English (even though they were already in English) and nothing has happened. Can someone help me with this?

How exactly are you renaming them? If I recall correctly, what you need to do is change the file extension from .ENG to .ENU. (Or possibly something else if you're not from the US.)


I renamed it to both .ENG and .ENU and nothing happened.

EDIT: I transferred the files to another computer and it works fine now. Must have just been the computer I was using.
Is there a tool to convert GIEPY sprites to PIXI yet?
I know GIEPY is "the future of sprites" but I'm not interested in using it, not right now at least, and there is ONE sprite that would be extremely useful to one of my level. It's a quite "simple" sprite too, so I'm like "damn..." :D

--------------------
Super Mario Pants World
Luigi's Lost Levels
New Super Mario Pants World
VLDC12 - 72HoKaizo#1
Originally posted by Romano338
Is there a tool to convert GIEPY sprites to PIXI yet?
I know GIEPY is "the future of sprites" but I'm not interested in using it, not right now at least, and there is ONE sprite that would be extremely useful to one of my level. It's a quite "simple" sprite too, so I'm like "damn..." :D

What is the sprite in question? If it's simple enough I could convert it.
That one

(I say easy from what I see in the file, without knowledge, so hopefully it IS easy!!)

--------------------
Super Mario Pants World
Luigi's Lost Levels
New Super Mario Pants World
VLDC12 - 72HoKaizo#1
Originally posted by Romano338
That one

(I say easy from what I see in the file, without knowledge, so hopefully it IS easy!!)


Since it was very easy to convert, I went ahead and implemented an update for the sprite, with a new option, a PIXI version and optimized code. Check it out.
Originally posted by Darolac
Originally posted by Romano338
That one

(I say easy from what I see in the file, without knowledge, so hopefully it IS easy!!)


Since it was very easy to convert, I went ahead and implemented an update for the sprite, with a new option, a PIXI version and optimized code. Check it out.

Thank you so much!! It works perfectly!

--------------------
Super Mario Pants World
Luigi's Lost Levels
New Super Mario Pants World
VLDC12 - 72HoKaizo#1
So I'm building myself a ROM hack and I 100% hate the rope semi-solids that you can jump through, know where I can find the brown semi-solids form new super Mario Bros Wii?


mod edit: reduced table stretch

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Ive restarted it
Name:Super Mario Endless World
World 1: 100%
World 2: 100%
World 3: 30%
World 4: 2%
World 5: 2%
World 6: 2%
World 7: 2%
World 8: 2%
World 9: 2%
Special world: 15%
Star world: 10
I'm trying to make custom music for my rom hack but I've forgotten what tool to use for that, can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Originally posted by Haithius
So I'm building myself a ROM hack and I 100% hate the rope semi-solids that you can jump through, know where I can find the brown semi-solids form new super Mario Bros Wii?

You could make similar ones in the map16 editor with the pea bouncer gfx (you can find it in GFX00, at the left of the used block gfx)
Originally posted by Majorasmaskkingdom
I'm trying to make custom music for my rom hack but I've forgotten what tool to use for that, can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Most people use AddmusicK set to porter mode. You can download it from the tools section.
YouTube / Twitch / Twitter / Discord: MajorMuff#5742
So... hey guys !
I don't like to talk too much and all this stuff but I want to say that this is my first forum post ever.
So... please don't be too rude with me ?
As you may already know now, I prefer getting my informations about stuffs somewhere else than just asking on a forum
I alway feel kinda dumb because I think that the question has already been asked like 3'000 times
But now I would really appreciate some direct helping, because it's hard to find the exact infos I need.
So here I go...
first thing off, I want to get myself into doing a like half-kaizo half-normal hack, which means I would kinda like a way to get a level started as small mario, so the guy playing couldn't just cheese the Kaizo difficulty levels by just getting powerups in the more normal ones. I would also like a way that I could choose the level that mario starts as small, so in the normal difficulty levels, mario would still be able to staty as big if he were big previously.
I had a lot more of questions in mind, but I'm too stressed to remember them all, I'll come back later
If i'm on the wrong topic or anything, tell me where to gp please, sorry to bother y'all !
-Shiro
Originally posted by Shiro
So... hey guys !
I don't like to talk too much and all this stuff but I want to say that this is my first forum post ever.
So... please don't be too rude with me ?
As you may already know now, I prefer getting my informations about stuffs somewhere else than just asking on a forum
I alway feel kinda dumb because I think that the question has already been asked like 3'000 times
But now I would really appreciate some direct helping, because it's hard to find the exact infos I need.
So here I go...
first thing off, I want to get myself into doing a like half-kaizo half-normal hack, which means I would kinda like a way to get a level started as small mario, so the guy playing couldn't just cheese the Kaizo difficulty levels by just getting powerups in the more normal ones. I would also like a way that I could choose the level that mario starts as small, so in the normal difficulty levels, mario would still be able to staty as big if he were big previously.
I had a lot more of questions in mind, but I'm too stressed to remember them all, I'll come back later
If i'm on the wrong topic or anything, tell me where to gp please, sorry to bother y'all !
-Shiro

Welcome to the site. Don't worry about posting questions here: we are all very friendly. As for your question: in the thread Erik posted the code that you need. Just search for the post about "counter break". The code posted has to be inserted with Uberasmtool.
Thank you !
I'll try to change it so adresses are set to zero only on certain levels, but the basis are here, and it'll definitly be a lot hepful for me to go on
I have another question though
How do you make a midway point that doesn't make you big ?
(By the way, i'd like to still have a midway point that actually makes you big for my first levels, but if it's not already made, 'guess i'll do it myself too)
Pages: « 1 281 82 83 84 85 86 » Link - Thread Closed
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - SMW Hacking Help - Official Tool/Sprite/Etc. Help Thread

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2021 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy
  • sm64romhacks