Language…
23 users online: BearAndBoarFan,  Bench-kun, BWGLite, Children's Digest 1950-2009,  Deeke, deporteed, derv82, elusive,  Falconpunch, gui, Heraga, Impetus, MrInstigation, NewPointless, NikSik1, PalaceSwitcher, PPAP, Shiki_Makiro, Sparx, Storm Kyleis,  Thomas, Vic Rattlehead, will___ - Guests: 71 - Bots: 301
Users: 54,985 (2,175 active)
Latest user: FantasticFox

(CLOSE) The Official Kaizo Level Design Contest

Link Thread Closed
He scaled it. Scaled pictures lose their quality. :(
Ah well, it's still better than what I would have done.
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.


What if we work with someone on the site on the some kaizo hack and win? Will there be a trophy for both people?
Balloon Party.
At times like this, you need to step back and say, "Where's the Balloon Party?"
Ok, one thing on the difficulty you're looking for.

There's a fine line between "frustrating, cruel, and evil but possible without slowdown" and "Perfect key jumping and cape flying for a long time with long sections of multiple shell kick jumps and a timer that leaves no margin for error." I'm assuming the latter is what you're looking for for the second part, which is why I have no interest in that. However, if you're looking for difficult but possible, it might be worth giving it a shot for "best" kaizo contest.

Also, is requiring the player to know and use glitches considered good or bad for this? I certainly know how a few relatively easy to execute glitches can trigger a "what the HELL" reaction in players who don't know them.
Yes, but perhaps you could edit it in Paint to make it look a bit better. I'm not an expert at userbars, but I know enough to make them myself.

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Originally posted by kyurel
What if we work with someone on the site on the some kaizo hack and win? Will there be a trophy for both people?


Well, when Sonia did his/her contest, I think he/she promised trophies to winners in each contest, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'll do the same thing, except also give everyone a KLDC Contestant badge as well. I just have to figure out how to make it when your mouse is over the badge or trophy, it says, "KLDC Contestant" or so. Like if your pointer is over Sonia's name, it will say, "this is the worst user ever."

Originally posted by x1372
Ok, one thing on the difficulty you're looking for.

There's a fine line between "frustrating, cruel, and evil but possible without slowdown" and "Perfect key jumping and cape flying for a long time with long sections of multiple shell kick jumps and a timer that leaves no margin for error." I'm assuming the latter is what you're looking for for the second part, which is why I have no interest in that. However, if you're looking for difficult but possible, it might be worth giving it a shot for "best" kaizo contest.

Also, is requiring the player to know and use glitches considered good or bad for this? I certainly know how a few relatively easy to execute glitches can trigger a "what the HELL" reaction in players who don't know them.


You don't have to do it. It was an added bonus.

Originally posted by Ultimaximus
Yes, but perhaps you could edit it in Paint to make it look a bit better. I'm not an expert at userbars, but I know enough to make them myself.


Nah, it's ok.
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
Originally posted by PenangBenny
I just have to figure out how to make it when your mouse is over the badge or trophy, it says, "KLDC Contestant" or so. Like if your pointer is over Sonia's name, it will say, "this is the worst user ever."

Simple. <img src="url of pic" alt="your text">

example

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Hm, let's test...

Yo what up?

And where do you get all the codes?

Did you answer my other Q about the ART in the bio which was move to the site?
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
Superyoshi answered it. It's simple HTML, a tutorial of which can be found here.

Did you answer my question about the next deadline in the lives contest?

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
If you guys are still looking for a judge, I believe I can help you- the contest ends on May 10, which is on my Star Testing, which means NO HOMEWORK.
Originally posted by -•SyStemkraSh•-
If you guys are still looking for a judge, I believe I can help you- the contest ends on May 10, which is on my Star Testing, which means NO HOMEWORK.


Well, are you a good Kaizo player? and if anyone plays the hardest/longest competition, you'll have to judge it. But you can also submit your own level of your own for the people of this contest as well.

EDIT: OK, I'll add you, but make sure you read the whole thing.

EDIT: Oh, and Ulti, how do you get to do this Yo what up? with your name, like instead the picture is my SMWCentral name, like what Sonia did?
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
Okay here's my contribution.
I want this to be in "The Best Kaizo Level" contest not "The hardest/longest Kaizo Level" contest.

It's called "The house of 'Fun'/The not so difficult challenge."
It's actually not that hard, but there are lots of dickish moments and map16 manipulation that may stump the player. It also has custom music and a little bit of ExGFX.
I assure everyone that it has beta tested and every part of the level is fully playable and beatable. I have beaten it multiple times.

LINK:
http://bin.smwcentral.net/#id1280


Originally posted by PenangBenny
Originally posted by kyurel
What if we work with someone on the site on the some kaizo hack and win? Will there be a trophy for both people?


Well, when Sonia did his/her contest, I think he/she promised trophies to winners in each contest, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'll do the same thing, except also give everyone a KLDC Contestant badge as well. I just have to figure out how to make it when your mouse is over the badge or trophy, it says, "KLDC Contestant" or so. Like if your pointer is over Sonia's name, it will say, "this is the worst user ever."
Well, you see, I'm working with someone called hoperoad1127 and I edited out some glitches, added music, edited blocks and stuff like that while he is responsible for most of the level design.

Balloon Party.
At times like this, you need to step back and say, "Where's the Balloon Party?"
Well, it seems I actually read your question wrong kyurel. It depends on how much of work each of you do. If someone does the entire hack, and that other person just helped you with making GFX (like very little), the other person will not get a trophy. Although he/she will get a badge saying, "1st place (or whatever place) winner contributer" which isn't that big of a deal.
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
What the heck then I'll throw something together for this. Quick question on glitches though since it wasn't really answered:

Is it ok to make the player use a little known glitch to find the secret exit? Executing the glitch is FAR easier than most of the stuff in the level.


Enclosed in this link is the hack thus far. Open the html document first. <color="red">Please note that this is not our submission, but a demo to show how much work went into both people.</color> So tell me. Am I correct on the html document, penangbenny?
Balloon Party.
At times like this, you need to step back and say, "Where's the Balloon Party?"
Originally posted by kyurel
Enclosed in this link is the hack thus far. Open the html document first. <color="red">Please note that this is not our submission, but a demo to show how much work went into both people.</color> So tell me. Am I correct on the html document, penangbenny?


Well, I guess you guys got close to around half. Although for any team hack, if someone does less than 25% will not be given a trophy if he/she is in the top 3. (Hmm, I should add that to the rules)

Originally posted by x1372
What the heck then I'll throw something together for this. Quick question on glitches though since it wasn't really answered:

Is it ok to make the player use a little known glitch to find the secret exit? Executing the glitch is FAR easier than most of the stuff in the level.


Well, will this help you:

Originally posted by PenangBenny to dainegai's PM
Let me explain this again, SLOWLY...

Glitches ARE allowed, but they COULD lower the POINTS in the Difficulty CATEGORY, not the Difficulty overall. But it also depends on the type of glitch that the person uses. For EXAMPLE, if you are doing the Best Kaizo Level Contest, someone uses the "Big Mario into Small Gap" glitch (used in Super Skill World - Level 2), then it MIGHT not lower the points in the Difficulty CATEGORY, but if it's an insane glitch like "Walljumping", it WILL lower the points in the Difficulty CATEGORY by a lot, since a small margain of people (you and me) can walljump without slowdown (well, at least I can, when I have nothing to do, *load state* *fail* *loadstate* etc. Goes on for hours). It is BEST SUITED for the Hardest/Longest CATEGORY since it is actually possible, but very hard.

Unexpected end tag (</color>) at 332, expected </div>
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
What if you judges exploit a glitch that wasn't meant? You might accidently skip an important section, or get somewhere with a mushroom that you shouldn't be.

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Well, we actually look in LM remember? And if we did think we skipped a part, we would always go through multiple routes exploring the entire level. But if we did actually skipped a very important part, you can always send us a pm about it, or even a readme in a zipped file.
Look at this 8 year-old layout that I should probably update.
I'm okay with hard levels- the only levels I have problems with are fast auto-scrollers, which is why I gave up on Kaizo 1...

Oh yeah, what are the judging categories? I only saw Overall, Difficulty, Understanding, and Graphics.
Link Thread Closed