V, don't forget that Muda was a jungle/water area (IIRC). Obviously you have some creative lisence with instrument designation but try to make it sound more jungle-ish. Also the port sounds like it's missing something. Here. This sounds signifigantly faster and the percussion is far more noticable.
MVS, I don't remember any jungles in Muda Kingdom. It was just water and UFOs. I'll see about making those drums stronger though.
-------------------- Hothead!Blitzwing: The Key, Autobot!
Ratchet: You'll have to pry it from my cold, offline servo!
*Blitzwing switches to his Icy face and freezes Ratchet before switching to his Random face.*
Random!Blitzwing: *snaps off Ratchet's Key-holding arm* Well, it's not exactly offline, but...it's certainly cold! Ahahahahahaha!
- Transformers Animated - Megatron Rising Part 1
-The opening flute riff sounds like a mess of notes rather than smooth, like it did in the original.
-There is an off-note at 00:53 (goes too high compared to the original). In fact, that whole @14 line seems to be lacking its second channel.
-Lower the background instruments throughout (@0 seems to be one .. don't have spcplay.exe handy on this computer, so I can't really make out the other one right now).
-You might want to tone down the echo on the whole thing completely. Give it a tad less reverb so that certain parts, such as the flute at the loop, don't sound like slurred messes.
- I'll look into the opening riff.
- As for the @14 I'll rework that too. I cut a second line but only just now considered channel sharing so I'll sort that out.
- Yeah I'll lower those. I had some issues myself with them. You're correct with the @0. The other is an @1 so it's similar.
- I originally gave the echo such a large reverb to get the correct effect on the flute at the start. Since I am unable to use multiple echo commands for individual channels I had to attempt to work around it. I will by all means reduce it but also probably disable it from #1 and #2.
I was also considering lowering channels #1 and #2 and octave.
Well heres My first attempt at custom music, with samples, $E5, and making the song from scratch.
I know some of the instruments are bleh. But it was after all, my first attempt (I tried before, and my friend decided to submit the song for no reason, I figured this out when I saw it in the removed musics)
*Edit Ignore it saying credit optional, I copy pasted something I was going to use for if I ever became really into this sort of thing. And forgot to delete that out, now I really dont want to fix+re-add this*
So, I've been busy today with a custom song, and here is the final result: MM2 - Quick Man's Stage V1.0. I know there is one on the site, but I don't really like that one. This does get really empty near the middle though... Maybe a volume change for the drum could help?