Yesterday at school at about 2:30 the power went out for a second. A few minutes later there was an announcement to go out into the hallway as you would for a tornado drill. It was not a drill. There was a severe thunderstorm. This drill kept me at school 15 minutes later than normal. The storm reminded me when my nown was hit by a tornado a few years ago. (There was some bad damage from that tornado (my house was okay except for a little bit of roof damage.) And it did make Storm Stories on the Weather Channel)
I heard that there were some accidents, 80mph winds, and that there was almost no visibility when the storm hit. Also my brother was told to leave the library he was in and to go home.
It wasn't over yet.
I went home at 4:30. I had dinner later and started a DVD. About 30 minutes later the second part of the severe thunderstorm hit. And about another 30 minutes later I heard a dripping noise coming from the corner. It was a leak in a place you couldn’t put a container under. So I then had to help soak it up with towels for 40 minutes.
My brother took this picture after the second part of the storm:
There was a third part later. This caused a short power outage, and there was more dripping from the leak. The short power outage prevented me from making this post last night. Also the water at my house was from 1 inch to 8 inches above the ground (1 to 2 mostly). Most of it is gone now.
Today I got some details:
- There were a couple inches of water in the streets in my town (downtown).
- Some people in my town got some water damage, such as in their garage or basement.
- In a neighboring town there was a four hour power outage after the first storm part.
- The gravel was washed from under the train tracks via a really over flowing creek
- The overflowing creek caused the downtown to have the flooding.
- My town was hit the worst for sure
Did anyone else get some bad weather?
Minor editations complete