Language…
11 users online: autisticsceptile1993, brickblock369,  Burning Loaf, Eduard, OEO6, OrangeBronzeDaisy, Penwize, Power_Boii, Retr0Cat, skyekun, Soul Storm - Guests: 100 - Bots: 267
Users: 56,284 (2,255 active)
Latest user: Astrotraveler_07

VWF Cutscene Tool

Alright, here's a question for you. How would you input the Mario tiles and the tiles of another character. For example what was done in SMW2+3. Is there a specific way to do this or would I have to insert the two sprites and then pad them either to the left or right?
AnimeList | MangaList


I have a problem. When I run perl.bat after writing my cutscene, vwftool.pl opens and nothing happens.

Things I have done:
-Installed ActivePerl
-Got the special "xkas"
-Written my cutscene
-wrote my cutscene's filename in "list.txt"
-put vwf.asm, vwf.cfg, vwfdata1.asm, and vwfdata1.cfg in the Sprites folder for sprite tool.

Sorry if I mistyped a filename or something, I'm writing this from memory. Help please?

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Can someone possibl explain the exit thing please?
I wrote [exit=00] in the one label and [exit=01] in the other label.
Then I have set Secondary exit 00 to lead to level 105 and Sec. exit to lead to level 106.
But both still lead to level 0/100.
What am I doing wrong?
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by leod
Secondary exit


Screen exit, not secondary exit. If you want [exit=00] to warp you to level 105, set the screen exit of screen 0 to lead to level 105.


 
Ahh.. okay works!
Danke!
Your layout has been removed.
I made 9 cutscenes but....
when I try to insert a 10th 1 it is just a black screen, and if I change that same cutscene to any lower number it works
WHY and how do i fix that
You're like the P in Psycho...tottaly useless!
It works! I swapped the Data and the Main sprites location =3
Edit: Oh w8, It doesn't work
Wait, it does work now :P. Something is wrong in the tutorial. It says place the sprite in the upper-right corner, but It's the upper-left.

Originally posted by Soul Bubble
I made 9 cutscenes but....
when I try to insert a 10th 1 it is just a black screen, and if I change that same cutscene to any lower number it works
WHY and how do i fix that
you know after nine comes A and not 10 huh?

Edit: Level'd, I think?
Your layout has been removed.
Thanks for the tutorial, now I can insert cutscenes. The original tutorial didn't explain it properly.

EDIT: Vote for sticky, this is great!
I have the same problem as Rabees. Is there any fix? Or is there something we're doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed it.
Finally got a layout :D!
i Don't Get it. Can you give us screenshots?
Since here is as good a place as any... Does anyone have the original zipped file for that special xkas? I'm not talking about the exe, the original zip also contained the source code.. yet both the main link and the mirror in the original thread have gone down (way to maintain your sites, people).

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 


Originally posted by abk129
I have the same problem as Rabees. Is there any fix? Or is there something we're doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed it.


May I ask how?

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Originally posted by Ultimaximus
Since here is as good a place as any... Does anyone have the original zipped file for that special xkas? I'm not talking about the exe, the original zip also contained the source code.. yet both the main link and the mirror in the original thread have gone down (way to maintain your sites, people).

I'd like to thank Alcaro so dearly for uploading the original uoxkas_v06.zip to SMWC. ♥

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Originally posted by Rabees
Originally posted by abk129
I have the same problem as Rabees. Is there any fix? Or is there something we're doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Fixed it.


May I ask how?


I got the same problem. Explain if you can.
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by E-Man
Alright, here's a question for you. How would you input the Mario tiles and the tiles of another character. For example what was done in SMW2+3. Is there a specific way to do this or would I have to insert the two sprites and then pad them either to the left or right?


Yes, I have the same question, so please reply it. How would you input the Mario tiles and the tiles of another character. For example what was done in SMW2+3. Is there a specific way to do this or would I have to insert the two sprites and then pad them either to the left or right?
...Huh?

Could someone give an example of what the text file that you wrote could look like? Like one they could insert? That's my issue.
Hey, I'm Riot. I used to use this website a lot but it has been quite a while since I've been a part of it. Help me out with any of the changes; it'd be much appreciated.
When I download ActivePearl it says error when I open it up. Could some one post a download link, rather than a link to the site? I think I must have downloaded the wrong thing... or something.

@Riotergeist:
Look at the TXT files that are already in the txt folder.
Mario's Journey for the Seven Mystic Gems - World 1 Demo

Originally posted by yno14boos
@Riotergeist:
Look at the TXT files that are already in the txt folder.


Heh, forgot about those...

EDIT: Perl.bat doesn't do anything. I have ActivePerl installed, but when I click on Perl.bat, no data is created.
Hey, I'm Riot. I used to use this website a lot but it has been quite a while since I've been a part of it. Help me out with any of the changes; it'd be much appreciated.

How do I get the ASM file created?
Hey, I'm Riot. I used to use this website a lot but it has been quite a while since I've been a part of it. Help me out with any of the changes; it'd be much appreciated.



can anyone tell me what to do with the "YXPPCCCT byte for the sprite"??
i don't understand how to get this number, and I wanna know if I can actually put a scene behind the sprites, in a little box on the top...
MY HACK(s)

>>Super Mario Bros. Remix<< [DEMO]v1
*BRAND NEW [DEMO]v2 COMING SOON*
*NEW* features:
-Compatible with most (if not all) emulators
-Fixed some bugs & Re-addressed patches (it was a real mess)
-New level designs/re-edited levels
-New & custom GFX/ExGFX
-New & custom music
-Over 25 exits
-NOTICE-
looking for a BETA TESTER and/or a LP VIDEO MAKER from youtube to play MY HACK.(new version)

...if inteserted just PM me ;)