Still haven't decided on a name for this hack yet.
Mario and the Something or Another
Well this has been a rather interesting year for me. I've been without a functional PC for about three months and various online/offline things got in the way of working on this. Nonetheless, I am trying trying to get a beta version out before this weekend's over, I just need to patch a couple of things up before I can do that.
Hey look I have a demo... sort of. It's more of a beta.
Notes and known flaws.
- All levels are open and you can freely exit them the ol' fashioned way.
- Shooting fire while spin jumping has been disabled.
- Power/Item format is similar to NSMB/W and SMB3 (Flower > Super > Small > lol). Collected items are not sent to the item box, nor do they drop upon damage. There should be no capes, no hammer, no boomerang, and no Yoshi present in this hack. If there are... oops. Let me know where and I'll nuke it.
- Coins cap at 99, with the possible glitch/extra life reset due to custom coins.
- Red coin counter doesn't want to count in the status bar, but still works in-game.
- Green Mushroom blocks cost about 50 coins.
- The 5 Star coin blocks like to break when hit with fireballs, whether you have all five or not.
- Roy and Morton's graphics are slightly smaller than their hitboxes (by 8x8), but nothing serious. World 2 was going to be Larry, but his graphics are 16x32 and the latest version of Iceguy's newbie boss wasn't released at the time of his creation. That will be included in the full demo.
- Fading issues with beating boss levels.
- Various graphical glitches (Road to Nowhere and Lakeside Palace, for example).
22 levels, 26 exits. Everything aside from the above should be in working order. If not, feel free to tell me so I can fix it up. So... knock yourselves out, ya'll!
In the meantime, a basic runaround of what levels I plan to have in this beta. About two screens per stage.