You'll need to download 2 things. These can be found Here
1. Download both of those two things to your desktop. Let's start off with the first link. Since most of you are on Windows, click the top button. [I'm talking about This
website.] Download it! After that is on your desktop, double click it. It will then iinstall zbattle. This is the program that you will be using to go online!
2. Now. Let's download zsnes. [Here is the website to download it - Here
] Okay. So. After downloading that, make a new folder on your desktop. Let's call it "Zsnes 1.42". Use WinRar, or WinZip to extract zsnes from it's file, and put it in that new folder you have just created.
3. Before we continue any further, you must now create one more folder on your desktop. For now, we're not putting anything in it. Let's call it "ZSnes Roms".
*Note, you do not have to call any of these things what I have labeled above.*
4. Let's load up zBattle now. If you installed it, it should come with a shortcut, which should appear on your desktop. Double click that icon, as it should be called zbattle.net. In most scenario's, it will ask you to set it up, right away, since it's your first time. If it doesn't, click File - Options.
5. First option. Stick in whatever name you want, right in that first box. Any name at all, considering it is PG-13. You will be auto-banned if it's not suitable. (Sex, Violence, Swear words, things like that will get you auto-banned.) Where it says "Path to ZSNES Program" I want you to click the three dots beside that. Then, remember I told you to make the folder "Zsnes 1.42"? Go to there, and then double click the only icon that appears, in that folder. Now. Back in the options of zBattle. I want you to click the three dots right beside where it says "Path to Rom Images". Now, remember that folder that I told you to make, "Zsnes Roms"? That's what you want to put there. You just need to put the folder there, since there is nothing in the folder.
6. You're all set to play! Click "OK" at the bottom of the options, and then, File - Connect. You're now online!
How to connect to games, or how to create your own</b>
First. Let's say you want to join a game. When you have connected to zBattle, click any game on the list that you see, which doesn't have 2/2 beside it. It will get highlighted. Then, click to Game - Join Game. You have now joined a game! Really simple. You will see a blue bar cross right below the chat bar. That is your "Checksum". You don't really need to know anything about that, just know the word. When it reaches the end, you may then click the "Download" button. It'll begin the download, and when that finishes, the host may click play.
Now, to host a game. Click Game - Create. Then, click Select. Choose any game in your folder. After a person finishes download, or already has it, click Start. You're now playing your game!
Since ROM Links aren't allowed, find your own roms.
Now. Since some people have issues with their firewall, here are the ports that are required, and you can forward whichever one you want, or the one you're having problems with..
7845 - UDP <-- For connecting on Zsnes
4000 - TCP <-- For downloading off zBattle
4398 - TCP <-- To connect to zBattle server
That's it. Now, if you don't know how to forward ports, go to this site. www.portforward.com. If you don't know what router you have, go ask your parents.Unexpected end tag (</b>) at 2567, expected </u>
Your layout has been removed.