Hi. I'm new here and I couldn't resist when I saw this thread...
- If you cape spin a shell while a yellow shell-less koopa is entering it (before it turns into a rainbow shell), it will turn into a shell with a koopa of the shell-color inside.
Example: Let a yellow koopa enter an empty blue shell, quickly cape spin it and you will have a blue shell with a blue koopa inside.
- Has Yoshi-Not-Sinking-On-Angled-Lava not been added yet?
- Jumping Bowser statues and Ninjis will jump into/through ceilings if they touch one.
- Credit goes to SPW3 (Level "First!"): First, place a portable spring board into a mud/lava top. Next, jump on it while carrying an empty shell. On the exact frame the shell touches the mud/lava top, toss it upwards. All of a sudden, it has a koopa inside! And a few moments later, it will be a completely normal koopa! I don't know how the hell LeChuck figured this out, but it works.
- Some blocks do count as hit if hit in case they're (half) off-screen. Like normal turn blocks.
- As far as I know, the 'climb-in-mid-air' glitch loses its effect if you ever touch a rope ever again while not holding an item. Even if you're not pressing UP at that time.
- Did nobody ever mention "double-eating" a berry? (Though the only effect is that you get 2 coins instead of 1) I don't mean cancelled eating, but touching it with Yoshi's mouth and tongue at the same time, causing it to be eaten twice.
- If you spawn 2 directional coins sprites on the same frame (one frame too late and it'll be replaced by a coin), one of them lasts forever. Also, the keyhole GFX will randomly appear sometimes and the music will never end.
- If a P-Switch falls into a pit after being pressed, but before disappearing, it will respawn.
- I don't know if this counts as glitch, but if you throw away a portable spring board and re-press X/Y too fast, you will re-grab it.
- If you screen-scroll on the frame a blue koopa touches the very end of a ledge, it will fall down.
- By using START to pause & unpause the game at the correct moments, you can prevent the grey bowser statue from shooting fireballs. Don't know if this works with screen-scroll too (after all, it freezes the game).
- Is that a glitch? If a bullet bill goes off-screen vertically (meaning your X positions could be the same, but it is still off-screen due to the Y position) it despawns.
- When running up a wall because of a purple triangle, Mario completely ignores what he is walking on. Whether it's munchers or note blocks that bounce you off from the sides or whatever.
- Apparently, blue shell-less koopas are walk-throughable for other sprites (I had a yellow koopa walk through it) when they're preparing to kick something. Also, sometimes weird things happen if yellow an blue shell-less koopas try to get a shell at the same time.
- Sometimes baby Yoshis instantly eat mushrooms if they're thrown against a ? block containing them.
- If you spin-jump onto Yoshi, but jump off him again as you land on him, you will spin-jump quite high. Similar to Y48.
- If you are on Yoshi and fall down a cliff, both lick and jump off Yoshi on the last possible frame before dying. If you free another Yoshi from a box, he will instantly lick upon spawning (also, the tongue will be misplaced during the growing animation).
- If you get a running start with a (Blue) Yoshi, lick a (blue) shell and then lift off, you will fly faster than usual. Nothing special but while doing this, you can also spit out the shell and lick it again -> you can fly infinitely as long as you keep the speed.
- If you fall into a mud/lava top, you get pushed to the left. Could be that this only happens if you are big.
- If taken through a pipe, any 'timers' from sprites will stop. Meaning, throw blocks last eternally, goombas/buzzy beetles will never get back up, koopas inside shells never get out. (do they disappear?)
- If doors are placed on the tile right to the right of a screen boundary, the destination may vary: if Mario enters the door far on the left, he will be transported to the screen exit of the previous screen.
- Glitch G14 will work if you just hold UP. Also, I'm not sure if this isn't just an easteregg.
- Glitch Y6 can also be used to make 3 items count as 5. Also, it only works if you eat the next item after you get the coin (if you do it faster, it won't work), but before the gulp animation of Baby Yoshi ends.
- I know that parts of this were already posted, but to summarize: Starting to climb/getting on Yoshi will not reset some certain flags like 'Flying', 'Ducking', 'Spin-Jumping'.
- If you fall vertically towards a rope and keep holding UP, you can climb higher than usually. If you let go of UP, Mario will slide down a little bit and you can't climb back up that little bit.
That's it for now.