Language…
20 users online: Ahrion, Beefy Chud, CessPit99, CourtlyHades296, El Cuh Fermin, Gamet2004, gui, jirok1, Jordan, MarioSonic4life, Mauro Games 80, MercuryPenny,  NopeContest,  quietmason, Qwoll, Ringo, SFan,  sincx, SmashNcrab, Wolfguy423 - Guests: 100 - Bots: 166
Users: 55,587 (2,473 active)
Latest user: ZicaVirus

demo+ new boss screens! Escape from Yoshi's Island

Link Thread Closed
DEMO IS HERE! Check the un-moderated hack section and download the updated one- not the other one. Hope you like it- I'll fix the springboard gfx later.
here is what's to come later- look out for these- lol!


^this guy is quite early in production. I felt like doing this boss now because I basically got bored. It's the World 6 Mini- Boss! I dunno what I'll call it yet- any suggestions? Anyway, the stuff below is what is in the demo I released. (BTW I didn't make the sprite.)








IK a few of these don't show much, but it was hard to take a snapshot at somepoints because of my slow laptop. Comments?


I honestly think this hack is pretty good. I didn't even know it was your first, because it looks much more professional than typical first hacks. The hack is pretty linear, which isn't always a bad thing, but usually is. Add some extra nooks and crannys to make it more intresting. The YI graphics are overused for a reason, they look nice.

Originally posted by Koopinator13
I'll fix the springboard gfx later.

NO. That is a terrible thing to say when releasing a demo. "I'll fix it later" is a bad excuse. Couldn't you have put off the demo a little longer so you could fix the problems you were aware of?

As for the screenshots, the first one looks pretty interesting. May I suggest giving the boss some kind of gimmick? It's pretty boring to just jump on a bosess's head five times and then it's over. Not necessary, but it would be nice.
The third screenshot is linear and empty. Although I assume it's a sub-room, because of the pipe at the end.
The fourth screenie looks like it could be a fun part to play.
The fifth screenshot is linear, but I like the sprites.
I can't tell much from the last screenshot.

I'll play the demo soon. If I sound terribly misinfromed, I apologize. I thought this thread was buried.


Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

heres a shitload of points:
-why are you constantly jumping in the title screen?
-the overworld music has a wierd song loop
-level 2 has a wierd song loop
-i can collect the yoshi coins over and over again if i re-enter the level
-why arent there any level tiles except for the castles?
-the platforms should fall down in the 3rd level, would make it more fun
-song has a wierd loop in level 3
-level 4 has a wierd song loop
-beginning of level 5 is rather dickish
-ice tiles arent slippery in level 5
-i gave up on the puzzle in level 5, not enough help on what to do :\
-no powerups (except if you take the spring in level 1)
-level 6 has a wierd song loop
-podobo jumping glitch (the fire underneath is a bunch of lines)
-red koopa is really blue koopa
-the arrow lift served no purpose in the second place you put it
-final boss insanely easy (just jump over him and he kills himself)
-it feels like all of the effort in this hack was put into inserting a bunch of YI stuff, and nothing else.
fix this, and im sure this will become a featured hack :D

r̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲a̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲t̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲p̲̲̲̲̲̲̲a̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲w̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲n̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲
madeulook
You didn't point these 2 out Hobz.


If you look close, there's a little bit of green on the turning frame


Cutoff near the pipe (Look to the right at the end of the pipe them look down one)


Hacks I Support:




I was going to write a review, but didn't want to double post. :P
Anywho, most of the bad things have already been pointed out.

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Originally posted by Hobz
heres a shitload of points:
-why are you constantly jumping in the title screen?
-the overworld music has a wierd song loop
-level 2 has a wierd song loop
-i can collect the yoshi coins over and over again if i re-enter the level
-why arent there any level tiles except for the castles?
-the platforms should fall down in the 3rd level, would make it more fun
-song has a wierd loop in level 3
-level 4 has a wierd song loop
-beginning of level 5 is rather dickish
-ice tiles arent slippery in level 5
-i gave up on the puzzle in level 5, not enough help on what to do :\
-no powerups (except if you take the spring in level 1)
-level 6 has a wierd song loop
-podobo jumping glitch (the fire underneath is a bunch of lines)
-red koopa is really blue koopa
-the arrow lift served no purpose in the second place you put it
-final boss insanely easy (just jump over him and he kills himself)
-it feels like all of the effort in this hack was put into inserting a bunch of YI stuff, and nothing else.
fix this, and im sure this will become a featured hack :D

Level 5's 'puzzle' is very easy! All you had to do was get the springboard, and jump on it underneath the pipe to the left!

'it feels like all of the effort in this hack was put into inserting a bunch of YI stuff, and nothing else.' That is quite insulting- saying that I didn't put much effort into this. I have put a lot of effort into this. For the music and bosses- speak to whoever coded them about errors not me. Why exactly is the start of level 5 dickish?! Ever seen YI? It is called a 'Sub Room'. The rest of the critisism, I will take on board, but for the ones above ^ I feel you were nitpicking a bit- even you have to admit that.
i know ive already been rude enough, and im sorry for that, but:
-why is this ledge here?
-whats the point of this?
-why is this even here?
again, sorry for being an asshole to your hack. i really do know it will be an amazing hack in the final version.
next, im well aware i was nitpicking, its just what i do.
and the beginning of level 5 is just a dizzy dandy or whatever flying into you right away, followed by a 32x32 ball flying at you. i know its not hard, but it is kind of dickish.
and in level 5, if thats all you have to do to advance, why not just put a pipe to go in right away? the springboard lets you jump over the wall, even though you get stuck almost immediately.
and as for my yi only sprite thing, i apologize, i only thought that because on almost every two or three screens there's a new yi sprite.

r̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲a̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲t̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲s̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲p̲̲̲̲̲̲̲a̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲w̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲n̲̲̲̲̲̲̲̲
madeulook
The only thing I want to know is why NONE of the problems I saw when I beta tested and told you about have been fixed, like the things Hobz pointed out. #w{>=(}

If you're not gonna fix any errors, then count me out of the beta testing business of this hack. #w{x(}

Edit: All you fixed that I reported was remove an extra flower coin and patch fade fix...
@[email protected]



Check out my hack HERE!
Originally posted by CDPower
The only thing I want to know is why NONE of the problems I saw when I beta tested and told you about have been fixed, like the things Hobz pointed out. #w{>=(}

If you're not gonna fix any errors, then count me out of the beta testing business of this hack. #w{x(}

Edit: All you fixed that I reported was remove an extra flower coin and patch fade fix...
@[email protected]

What! How for God's sake am I going to fix every pixel out of place that you pointed out. I tried do do it all, but I don't think you get the fact that I have other testers too- not just you. If you feel that way, then quite happily don't test it again. I'm starting a new project now-so with this (now that demo 1 is released) I'm unsertain what'll happen to this hack. My Cave story hack is msuch better and my SMRPG one too is very good! So CDPower- I hope that answers your question.
I never said you didn't have other testers or anything like that BUT you should fix errors beta testers point out before submitting a demo. Also you're acting like I said everything was bad, when you said, "How am I suppose to fix every pixel out of place that you pointed out?" I didn't say that everything was bad, just like 10-15 small things that could EASILY be fixed within 20-30 minutes. I'll leave it at that.



Check out my hack HERE!
I'll be a beta tester. I making YI styled hack, but your is amaizing, my is OK.
*sigh* This thread is dead now, nobody's posted for a long while now. I admire your enthusiasm, but I cancelled the hack a long time ago. (Please close the thread)
Originally posted by Luigi370
I'll be a beta tester. I making YI styled hack, but your is amaizing, my is OK.


You bumped another thread yet again. This is your final warning, if you bump a thread a again you're gonna be temp ban.

Closed by authors request. (Though it would've been closed if he didn't ask anyways)
Link Thread Closed