Language…
15 users online:  Alex,  Anorakun, cardboardcell, Children's Digest 1950-2009, edgar, Giftshaven, GrenCarret, gustintendo, Heraga, Kaiz0bro, Murphmario, SFan,  Teows, Yoshioshi59_, YouFailMe - Guests: 59 - Bots: 198
Users: 55,723 (2,321 active)
Latest user: ponchotaco

Can anyone translate the VIP and Wall Mix Series?

Link Thread Closed
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
Hello. I am a HUGE fan of the VIP and Wall Mix Series, but theres one problem, I can't read japanese. I was wondering if anyone could translate the level names and text boxes and send me the translated the IPS patch? It would be greatly appreciated =D.
I could translate, but I'm not sure I'm (or anyone for that matter) allowed to translate them.

Ok, but could you just translate the level names and send the text file?
That, I can do. I'll post it in this thread a few days from now.
I assume you want all of VIP1-5?

Originally posted by Ixtab
That, I can do. I'll post it in this thread a few days from now.
I assume you want all of VIP1-5?


i dont think your allowed to do 5 since its not a public release only a level list so far :/

but hey its up to you
REMOVED
Originally posted by OGS93
Originally posted by Ixtab
That, I can do. I'll post it in this thread a few days from now.
I assume you want all of VIP1-5?


i dont think your allowed to do 5 since its not a public release only a level list so far :/

but hey its up to you

nothing prohibits him from translating level names...
Originally posted by Ixtab
I could translate, but I'm not sure I'm (or anyone for that matter) allowed to translate them.

I personally think once you download something like that, you can mess with it in any way you are able as long as you don't take credit for the work that isn't yours and redistribute it. And, of course, as long as you don't upload it here (until/unless we hear otherwise). I mean, you're just making it more playable for yourself (and potentially others).

That said, I wonder if the VIP/Wall team would LIKE someone to do a translation for them? It might be worth an email just to ask and see if they want an "official" translator.

[?] Miscellaneous Helpful Hints
If I moderated your hack, there was apparently a 90 percent chance it was rejected.
It's worth a try, but I doubt you'll get mailed back.
Originally posted by andy_k_250
I personally think once you download something like that, you can mess with it in any way you are able as long as you don't take credit for the work that isn't yours and redistribute it. And, of course, as long as you don't upload it here (until/unless we hear otherwise). I mean, you're just making it more playable for yourself (and potentially others).

I thought Lunar Magic couldn't open the completed versions of the VIP series. I tried to open a copy of VIP Mario 4 with Lunar Magic and it won't. It's locked. The demo of VIP 5, however, isn't locked, but I ain't messing around with it.
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by Ixtab
That, I can do. I'll post it in this thread a few days from now.
I assume you want all of VIP1-5?

(Sorry for the delay, I was at school) Yes I would like VIP 1-4, but not 5, since it isnt realised yet, when its realised , could you do it?
Well, I believe Raocow has some level translations judging that he knew the names of each level while he was playing the VIP series, I presume.
It would be quite difficult however to translate every last message, and some wouldn't be able to fit on one line, unless you of course use Smalls patch. It would take a lot of patience, but I almost highly doubt people have the time.

And The Thunder, I believe there is a tool that unlocks ROMs (as told by Darky), but I'm not sure which one it is. If you really want to open a ROM, look for it yourself.:P

EDIT: Shadow!
I think it's called Recover Lunar Magic, but some hacks, such as Super Demo World: The Legend Continues, apparently stays locked even if you use RLM.
Good fucking bye.
True. Also, from past experiences, I can say using RLM on an ExGFX-heavy hack might scramble the levels beyond recognition.
"Lip: A Fairy's Tale" project status: Slow (Visit the project thread here!)

Yes, you could say I like Osaka.
Keep in mind that a lot of titles make absolutely no sense since there are a lot of in-jokes and other stuff that makes it practically impossible to translate correctly.
Do Exist VIP5? I'm not noticed of that......
Layout made by MaxodeX
2021 TRENO vibe check thread
I believe someone sent MoltovMarioWorld a level list for Vip 4 for his savestate-less playthrough. You could ask him for a list for that game.

I personally think it's more fun to do things without being able to understand anything.

@Manumaster
It's in production.
Originally posted by 2technogeeks

I personally think it's more fun to do things without being able to understand anything.

While i think that's sometimes fun. Some levels could have titles that help with beating the level, thats mainly why want it. And also I will be doing an LP of all of them and i just dont want to say" all right we beat the level, now lets go to JAPANEZE!!"
Originally posted by GoldenSonic15
I think it's called Recover Lunar Magic, but some hacks, such as Super Demo World: The Legend Continues, apparently stays locked even if you use RLM.

That's because SDWTLC is ExHiROM, which Lunar Magic does not support.

Originally posted by Midna
True. Also, from past experiences, I can say using RLM on an ExGFX-heavy hack might scramble the levels beyond recognition.

Parasyte had worked on RLM recently here at SMWC, and has hopefully fixed that. Thread

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
i would think it would be better to you know have the message boxes translated too haha

not knowing the level names didn't bother me but that did:P
Changing the text in the actual ROM is most likely impossible to do without paraphrasing, since the Japanese language can fit much more into text boxes than the English language can. A .txt file would probably be best.
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
Link Thread Closed