Originally posted by Error 52
What are fragmented levels?
Nothing important at all, however you should have turned on option to allow fragmentation, unless you have good reason why not. This allow to more flexible Z-ordering, like LM help file states. And since SmaIIhacker tool support that, why to turn off that feature?
Anyway, I made sample level, and I found these things (discoveries about SMA2).
1. If you die during title-screen, title-screen just reset. Probably to avoid crazy 3rd party cheats which would do strange things.
2. Level C5 must have sprite 19 on starting screen, or game will freeze. Also it seems to Mario ignoring everything, except for giving death music (but only music!) when it touch muncher.
3. Why I see blue question blocks instead of water top in level 105?
4. It seems object 3C is grass tileset (ledge built from arches) has different method of calculating lenght (SMW length is exactly what you see in LM, SMA2 is "what you see in LM+1") and arches are longer in SMA2 than in SMW.
5. It seem like using message box in wrong place cause to display Yellow Switch Palace. Also I noticed this same happens in SMW when you won't edit overworld (FuSoYa?). But in SMW it's just normal message, and after you beat or exit level switch blocks will jump from level. In SMA2 after hitting "glitchy" message box level will fastly warp to overworld after displaying message with switch blocks jumping from level. (this is also switch message)
Funniest part, if you won't edit overworld it seems message 2 in Yoshi's House also cause that. (even through after you edit OW, these messages are exactly this same). FuSoYa broken something?
--------------------Legacy ports zip
(now that those went down because Dropbox)