Language…
8 users online: 7 up, AJ1Ayrton,  Devazure, drkrdnk, kiki79250, kurtistrydiz, Ryrir, Zavok - Guests: 95 - Bots: 187
Users: 58,128 (2,470 active)
Latest user: maczampieri

2nd Annual Kaizo Level Design Contest - Completed

Link Thread Closed
@Souljester: Yours is a bitch, and it's the only one I've played. Now I don't really wanna play other ones D:.
Why not go to my Youtube channel?

Originally posted by Ownerthugz
@Souljester: Yours is a bitch, and it's the only one I've played. Now I don't really wanna play other ones D:.


lol, but the only reason the others are near as hard as mine is because they all have beat the clock time limits, or beat the clock p switches and such, but other than that mine is way harder! xD also, the latest version out there... does it have 999 as the time limit? because that is going to be the official time limit...
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Ok, I started working on my Kaizo Hack. Should be ready by 2 weeks from now.
Originally posted by mockingod
Ok, I started working on my Kaizo Hack. Should be ready by 2 weeks from now.


i cant wait! xD

wat category u going for?
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by SoulJester726
Originally posted by mockingod
Ok, I started working on my Kaizo Hack. Should be ready by 2 weeks from now.


i cant wait! xD

wat category u going for?


Difficulty. May or may not be finished. Because I can only work on it like, when I go to my aunt's house. Because my windows here has a virus that I don't feel like fixing, I have a ton of mac, but no X11 in them #w{:<}. So I can only work on mondays. Though, I got a ton of stuff done in 2 hours. I created the overworld, and worked out the first room. Its gonna be easy, then get extremely hard.

If it doesn't get finished, then I PROMISE, it will be in next years contest.

I call it "Purple Death".

Its going pretty well.
I'd better work on mine more, so it will be INSANELY hard. But yeah, if I won't make it, I'll enter it, just like Mockingod, in next years contest. #w{=D}
I'm also almost done- as I have mentioned before- it's in the creativity catogory. All I need is one more piece of music to be ported to suit the chimney goomba boss. It's actually pretty good! #w{:>} edit: Ninja'd + level up!
@ mockingod - i think he is looking for a solid level of difficulty, not a changing difficulty...

@ Ghostlyyoshiegg - check out the demo i have for mine, and u can compare the difficulty to it, because right now i believe mine is the hardest one out there... as many others would agree...
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by GhostlyYoshiEgg
I'd better work on mine more, so it will be INSANELY hard. But yeah, if I won't make it, I'll enter it, just like mockingod, in next years contest. #w{=D}


Fixed.

Also, SoulJester, oh well, more fun for me #w{xD}
Originally posted by SoulJester726
so, so far, amongst the ones i have played, .




does that mean you have downloaded my demo i posted a few hours ago... i mean the propper demo... not the boss :P?
REMOVED
@SoulJester: I'm not such a great player, but mine is meant to be mostly played on normal speed, which, so far, works great. You only need slowdown 1 time. #w{=)}
Screenshots of 2 of the rooms in "Castle of WTF?!"

First Room
Second Room

Linked because of VERY WIDE images. Ignore the Midway Entrance in the first screen.
Yes, I have played through it all so far to make sure it is possible to do.
Originally posted by MarioFan22
Screenshots of 2 of the rooms in "Castle of WTF?!"

First Room
Second Room

Linked because of VERY WIDE images. Ignore the Midway Entrance in the first screen.
Yes, I have played through it all so far to make sure it is possible to do.


ok so i liked the look of the 1st room... my suggestion would be dont revolve most of the hack around invisi's as slowing the player down in a different way... but the quality of the 2nd room doesnt match that of the st but its good so keep it up :)
REMOVED
I've decided to start making a level. It's going to be a castle.
Why not go to my Youtube channel?

Originally posted by Ownerthugz
I've decided to start making a level. It's going to be a castle.


is it me? or is everyone (including me) doing a castle level :P
REMOVED

Originally posted by OGS93
Originally posted by Ownerthugz
I've decided to start making a level. It's going to be a castle.


is it me? or is everyone (including me) doing a castle level :P


I'm not :D
...Well, part of it is castle. But that's only 3-4 screens.
(and probably the boss battle if I can think of one)

Words.
[22:25:05] <%andy_k_250> Turkey and Grease will one day be reunited - that day will be... Thanksgiving
Of course everybody is doing a castle level, and for the following reasons:

-Castles have an awesome layer 3 background, leaving space for layer 2 objects
-Castles have spikes to replace munchers, even horizontal ones to avoid using YY-CHR!
-Castle FG is awesome
-Lava is awesome, and it blends in best in a castle

-Castles are the hardest levels in SMW (the original), and therefore it is more fitting to make them hard
-Castles in SMW have ending bosses, which is a golden opportunity for Kaizo levels.

With that said, I'm back to working on my castle level.
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
The bad thing about castles is Yoshi's graphics is glitchy and you have to use YY-CHR to fix it if you use castle sprites.

Can you use the copy block glitch.

EDIT:You will hate me after you pass the midway lol.

Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
Of course everybody is doing a castle level, and for the following reasons:

-Castles have an awesome layer 3 background, leaving space for layer 2 objects
-Castles have spikes to replace munchers, even horizontal ones to avoid using YY-CHR!
-Castle FG is awesome
-Lava is awesome, and it blends in best in a castle

-Castles are the hardest levels in SMW (the original), and therefore it is more fitting to make them hard
-Castles in SMW have ending bosses, which is a golden opportunity for Kaizo levels.

With that said, I'm back to working on my castle level.

And I choosed grassland/sky level because I wanted to make fun from Yoshi (Yoshi has awesome glitches). After using some glitch (I won't say which) you will warp to castle (hint 255 -> 0).
Legacy ports zip (now that those went down because Dropbox)
Im not doing a castle! xD

also, i have not seen your demo, but i have played two demos, and will play yours asap! xD

EDIT: that is i havent seen OGS93's demo
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Link Thread Closed