For those of you who may have problems, I have found some solutions that might work.
If you’re having problems with Addmusic, then you can hopefully find help here.
If you get this error:
'java' not recognized as an internal or external program, operable program, or batch file.
or something similar, then either you don't have java installed, or java cannot be found.
You can install Java here
If you have Java installed, then you need to follow these steps to designate the location of java:
(1) Open My Computer->C
or what ever your main drive is)
(2) Look for a folder named j2sdk1.4.2_16 or something fairly similar to that
(3) Open the folder and look for "java"
(4) Right click it and go to properties
(5) Go to where it says "location" and copy all of the information there.
(6) Close everything, and then go to Start-> Control Panel
Note: When you open control panel, it will either have a blue or white background, if it is blue, then go to the menu on the left and select "classic view"
if you do not see the menu, then make sure that "Search" and "folders" are unselected
(7) Go to system, and then select the tab labeled "advanced"
(8) Select "Environment Variables"
(9) In the bottom part look for a selection named "path". If you do not find it, select "new". Put PATH in the top blank, and the information you copied in the bottom; If you have it, and then double click on it, and paste the information in the bottom.
(10) Try addmusic.
If it works, then congratulations! If you get a different error, then keep reading.
If you get this error, then it means that java cannot find the class file its looking for, and is fixed by going to Start->control Panel (in classic view)->system->advanced->environment variables, and deleting CLASSPATH.
After you have done this, try addmusic. If it works, Congratulations! If you get yet another error, keep reading.
Unsupported class version error
This problem can arise for a few different reasons, you may have one, or all of the reasons.
I. Java is not the most recent version.
just install the newest version of Java (version 6 update 3)
II. Multiple Java versions installed.
go to start-> control panel-> add/remove programs. scroll down until you see java. if you have more than one delete all non version 6 update 3 versions.
III. PATHEXT not set correctly.
Go to tart-> control Panel (in classic view)-> system-> advanced-> environment variables and look for PATHEXT. If not there select "new" and in the top blank put PATHEXT, then add is with the following information in the bottom:
If you do have it then double click on it and insert the following information:
Try addmusic One last time. It should work.