Language…
12 users online: JupiHornet, Kerfuffle, Knetog, mariofanbusterfourty, ModernKiwi, nanec, OffByWon, SF - The Dark Warrior, smwln, SoH,  Teows, Will331999 - Guests: 77 - Bots: 212
Users: 55,613 (2,425 active)
Latest user: 5ive

Youtube's New Layout

An ugly one, at most:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ90ZgTTUOQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJ90ZgTTUOQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Originally posted by Snowshoe
An ugly one, at most:

[vid]


Damnit. I was gonna post this exact thing. But whatever.

Anyway, I personally thing this new YT layout looks horrible. I mean seriously! The video description does NOT belong UNDER the video! How would you be able to read it and watch the video at the same time?! And worst of all, I don't see any borders around the comments and the side bar. It just gets confusing. Oh and the only thing I like about this update is that they slightly improved the quality of videos.

Also. D:
Nothing to put here at the time being.
Thanks to Tom Servo for the awesome new layout!
So this is the exact same layout that I found on Firefox awhile ago, hmph. Yeah, I will admit that it is pretty ugly as it's not very convenient to have the video description underneath the actual video. One that thing that I will say is that it looks very similar to the main channel video layout.
AnimeList | MangaList
Originally posted by Marioman
Originally posted by Snowshoe
An ugly one, at most:

[vid]


Damnit. I was gonna post this exact thing. But whatever.

Anyway, I personally thing this new YT layout looks horrible. I mean seriously! The video description does NOT belong UNDER the video! How would you be able to read it and watch the video at the same time?! And worst of all, I don't see any borders around the comments and the side bar. It just gets confusing. Oh and the only thing I like about this update is that they slightly improved the quality of videos.

Also. D:

I hate youtube now. Why did they do this?!

P.S. don't go to any link leading to yuotube.com as it will result in a virus crashing your computer.
See, the thing is, with the arguments that are usually in support, this change is one that impairs regular Youtubing, and isn't just visual like the other changes people have complained about. I as well do not like it, I cannot even subscribe or rate the video... And if I can, it's somewhere obscure. It's awkward enough trying to favorite it.

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
I usually don't give a crap about the updates but this one is really horrible. What in the world are they even "upgrading" the site for anyways? It's fine as it was before.

Originally posted by Ultimaximus
See, the thing is, with the arguments that are usually in support, this change is one that impairs regular Youtubing, and isn't just visual like the other changes people have complained about. I as well do not like it, I cannot even subscribe or rate the video... And if I can, it's somewhere obscure. It's awkward enough trying to favorite it.


I COMPLETELY agree. Now they replaced the 5 star system with this gay I like it / I dislike it bullshit. And the Subscribe isn't yellow anymore. It's just a simple, plain button you wouldn't notice. It just looks odd. And yeah. Fave'ing a video just feels.... Awkward.

EDIT: I've been getting this alot:
"Http/1.1 Service Unavailable"
Nothing to put here at the time being.
Thanks to Tom Servo for the awesome new layout!
Originally posted by MSTR448
P.S. don't go to any link leading to yuotube.com as it will result in a virus crashing your computer.

Crap, looks dangerous http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/yuotube.com </offtopic>

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Originally posted by Tormentor2
I usually don't give a crap about the updates but this one is really horrible. What in the world are they even "upgrading" the site for anyways? It's fine as it was before.

This, this, and this.



Why fix what is not broken?
Your layout has been removed.
Yeah i never really cared about the channel changes since i never visit even my own channel..EVER.
but I watch videos on that place and I actually cared about the video page, why'd they change it man? WHY?
Originally posted by Tormentor2
I usually don't give a crap about the updates but this one is really horrible. What in the world are they even "upgrading" the site for anyways? It's fine as it was before.


I could not have stated this better myself. This update is awful; not only is it ugly, but it is highly vexing to not be able to read the description and watch the video (not to mention this also promotes people watching the video before viewing important information within the description). Also, without a box to outline the comments, it just makes it awkward on both the eyes and overall comprehension of the comment itself, as it just seems to blend in with everything else.

As if the new channel layouts weren't a terrible update in themselves. When will Youtube ever learn?

FUCK KILL STEAL SHIT
I saw it and tbh, I don't like it. I can't see all the comments unless I go into "view all comments", plus the description underneath the video just doesn't look right at all.


It looks terrible! Why did they change it? Why the hell do they keep shitting all over youtube? It was one thing with the new channels, I dont always need to see them, but now this?!

Honestly, why the hell have they been fucking up youtube lately. I really, reaaally hate this.

RAAAAAAGEE!



•••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yeah, so what if I haven't shoveled out my signature yet, I'll get to it later.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yeah it's horrible, but I never realy liked any updates made by youtube..I will get used to it anyway..
Originally posted by aj6666
Yeah it's horrible, but I never realy liked any updates made by youtube..I will get used to it anyway..

I still haven't gotten used to the channel layout, and still strongly dislike it.

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
I liked the old layout so much better. The new one has things in very strange locations. Also, they removed the star rating system. What the hell, YouTube? >:U
Ya know... I was just bitching talking about this to a friend...

Its fucking terrible, The description is in a bad place, they removed the option to see other videos by the same person without going into their profile... It makes my eyes want to kill themselves. What ever happened to "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

Think if we got a good sized group of people to all email them (daily) with complaints, it would do something?
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
Yes, I personally don't care about updates on too many sites I participate in. However, this one REALLY aggerevated me. Everything was moved around to irrelevant positions, and I detest it with all of my being. Two things I do not enjoy in particular would be the new position of the videos made by the poster and the lack of avatars. Meh, I just hope they return the old interface or allow us disable it.
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist

...they removed the option to see other videos by the same person without going into their profile...

It's at the top of the screen, above the video and right next to the name.
Also, avatars can be seen on the profile page of the user; it's not like avatars matter all that much.

Eh... I have no idea why they had to change the design up, but unlike most people here I can live with it, I guess.
harpy

tits


tumblr
Originally posted by Pheonix
Originally posted by NamelessProtagonist

...they removed the option to see other videos by the same person without going into their profile...

It's at the top of the screen, above the video and right next to the name.
Also, avatars can be seen on the profile page of the user; it's not like avatars matter all that much.

Eh... I have no idea why they had to change the design up, but unlike most people here I can live with it, I guess.


Hmm, I stand corrected. Still, its not much better, thats a terrible place for it.
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite