Language…
9 users online: DimeR, drkrdnk, its_4life, JakesBRjust, Killuadfgh, McChicken, NerDose, PrincessEmilu,  Saphros - Guests: 75 - Bots: 120
Users: 66,302 (2,251 active)
Latest user: didi.5482

Layout Font Limitations

Even though people have been able to read my posts without any complaint, I think this may be a bit annoying at times.

Originally posted by Suns
What about foreign-character fonts (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, etc.) for all the Weeaboos?
Some people, such as myself, don't have all those Eastern fonts and character sets installed, so I'd rather not see those fonts. It'll probably revert to the standard fonts anyways.


I'm now using DejaVu Serif as my font. Is that OK?

Originally posted by Luigi-San
I'm now using DejaVu Serif as my font. Is that OK?
For me it comes with neither Windows XP nor Microsoft Office, so that might be a problem.


Personally I see unreadable color combinations as more of a problem then fonts (says the guy with the rainbow background). I use Georgia, so I am good, I guess.

Btw, some of you guys might want to add a faint drop shadow to some of your layouts. I found my layout is a lot more readable with only a very vary slightly noticeable shadow. (mine uses "text-shadow: black 1px 1px 2px;")
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by KilloZapit
Personally I see unreadable color combinations as more of a problem then fonts (says the guy with the rainbow background). I use Georgia, so I am good, I guess.

Btw, some of you guys might want to add a faint drop shadow to some of your layouts. I found my layout is a lot more readable with only a very vary slightly noticeable shadow. (mine uses "text-shadow: black 1px 1px 2px;")

Agreed. Most layout problems for me are bad text colours, and the shadow makes it so much better.
Originally posted by Yakov
For me it comes with neither Windows XP nor Microsoft Office, so that might be a problem.

I use XP, and it looks fine for me.Free counters!

Originally posted by Jeorge535
Originally posted by Yakov
For me it comes with neither Windows XP nor Microsoft Office, so that might be a problem.

I use XP, and it looks fine for me.
Well, if you look in \WINDOWS\Fonts, do you see the font name DejaVu Serif? Or if you open MS Word, can you select that font? I sure can't. It might look fine probably because it defaults back to the standard font.


ċåñ fÎëåpőőp (thīŝ főñt) bë åddëd tő thë Îīŝt?
Originally posted by JeRRy86
Originally posted by FirePhoenix
This font is called Candara and I've been using it for probably a year without complaints, though I think it only shows up on Vista and later systems. I've added the sans-serif to my font-family as well.

your font works fine to me, and i use XP. so its not vista font. its added to XP too.

Hey, I can read it and I'm using FREAKING M.E.!
I'm very irritated tonight.
generated by sloganizer.net
Takimg a break from (and restarting) work on New Super DS World (which is mostly NSMB ExGFX and mostly DS music).


Rockwell? I've been using Callisto MT for quite a while too, and it's pretty awesome looking.

EDIT: I guess if you guys don't allow Rockwell, I'll use Century Gothic. =\

This is a thing that's happening, now. Achievements in old video games.
Thank you for the layout, Erik557.
Man, I wish this would've worked. Oh well.
If not for respect, but dramatic effect, take on the face of Guy Fawkes.
Wait so is mine allowed or not? I think it's MS Sans Serrif.

I mean it's easy to read...
  • Fixedsys


  • Well, even though I like this font, it does not work in Google Chrome and could be a problem for it's users. For example, many people complained that my layout text was too small. It was because Fixedsys didn't work in Google Chrome and it had to use another font to suffice, which was really small.

    Originally posted by Snowshoe
  • Fixedsys


  • Well, even though I like this font, it does not work in Google Chrome and could be a problem for it's users. For example, many people complained that my layout text was too small. It was because Fixedsys didn't work in Google Chrome and it had to use another font to suffice, which was really small.

    i think that one is monospaced. i know that isn't allowed.



    I might put some sort of signature here once. I guess.
    What about fixed width fonts for code, and only for code? Code would look really ugly otherwise.
    Your layout has been removed.
    What the Helvetica?

    Bad pun. Anyway, my layout is probably going to be nuked for using Monotype Corsiva. To that, I say oh well.

    BTW, new layout is cute.

    Originally posted by Kieran
    Fonts that don't come pre-installed on some operating systems (i.e. Windows or Mac OS) or doesn't come with popular software (i.e. Microsoft Office) generally don't qualify for the list as it is unlikely that people have them installed anyway.


    I wonder if the Web Open Font Format thing that's going on with Firefox would be allowed in layouts?
    Slightly well-versed on everything LinuxI'll beta-test your hack. Find me here!
    Originally posted by Player 1
    I wonder if the Web Open Font Format thing that's going on with Firefox would be allowed in layouts?

    I won't think. Unless you make your font with some method below 200 KB (layout itself limitation).
    Originally posted by Player 1
    I wonder if the Web Open Font Format thing that's going on with Firefox would be allowed in layouts?


    Probably not, since not all of us use Firefox.
    WOFF adds a lot of extra content to be downloaded, so I don't think it's wise to use them. They're mainly for sites that use a font that is important for their design, and even then I don't think WOFF is a great web solution.
    I like mono spaced fonts D:

    I have layouts turned off though so my opinions on the matter are moot.