Language…
16 users online: ASSATAKKU, DashGamer, Dr.Moe, Dustyized, h.carrell, Isikoro, kiki79250, Knetog, Mohamad20ZX, Neidave,  NopeContest, STRlantian, The Fun Police, TheCrazyBuzzyBeetle, TheKazooBloccGosh, TrendzAndz - Guests: 58 - Bots: 146
Users: 54,913 (2,072 active)
Latest user: El pepe mama

Vanilla Level Design 2010: Results

Link Thread Closed
Congrats to everyone who won something! #w{=)}Free counters!
O My God!
Whatttttttt!
5th?

You must be kidding?
Cool #w{=3}

Never thought that
EDIT:
Just read through those lists.
System: Yeah I had no time of thinking of a boss. Thanks, also I laughed at your end-sentence: "If a muncher is a sphere, it's supposed to be circular, not pointy and deadly."
SNN: Thanks #w{=3}
ST: Nothing to comment on, just Thanks
FP: Same as ST Thanks

I cry when angels deserve to die <3
Lay-out made by Broozer
©Broozer



imamelia, you mean the ones in the first post?

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Mind if I ask exactly why mine was disqualified? There weren't any graphical changes (except squaring cement blocks, which was allowed), and I tested the patch to make sure it worked.
Originally posted by VideoGuy
Mind if I ask exactly why mine was disqualified? There weren't any graphical changes (except squaring cement blocks, which was allowed), and I tested the patch to make sure it worked.


Squaring cement blocks wasn't allowed if I recall. That's pretty much custom graphics right there.
Originally posted by MajorasMask9
Squaring cement blocks wasn't allowed if I recall. That's pretty much custom graphics right there.

as far as i know, it is allowed, somewere in the discussion thread says that minor graphical edits are allowed in order to avoid cutoff, like Squaring cement blocks. correct me if i'm wrong.



Like /Everlude
Follow @Ludus.Art

Originally posted by TheGamer
as far as i know, it is allowed, somewere in the discussion thread says that minor graphical edits are allowed in order to avoid cutoff, like Squaring cement blocks. correct me if i'm wrong.


I do remember a rule stating that you could make minor graphical edits strictly preventing cutoff, but I think it was more along the lines of making the transparent areas of a cement block blue when they're in water. I also think I remember someone asking about squaring cement blocks and getting an answer of no.
Just played Lynnes level, and all the cutscenes, the fake HDMA, the gimmicks, the cleverely manipulated graphics, and loads more was there!

I wish there was a hack with stuff like that in evry level, and it was purely vanilla graphics like Lynnes.

It's not hard to see why you won Lynnes, congratulations.
I agree with Master S, the graphics were amazing for vanilla, and putting together that many cutscenes seems like a lot of work. I can see why you won. This is even better (in my opinion) than Mario in Miscland 2.

Edit: I remembered something. With the banners with enemies in them, wouldn't you have to copy and then draw behind the goombas, for example. Isn't that considered custom?
Now, if we made an ENTIRE HACK consisting of levels like Lunar Island Exploration, we could probably actually sell some of that stuff to Nintendo. It's DAMN AWESOME. But I guess forever factory had to win, with the cutscenes and HDMA and whatnot.
What the hell is Pop Tart Cat?
So the vanilla level that closest resembled a chocolate level won the vanilla contest then?

World Community Grid: Thread | Team
 
Originally posted by Ultimaximus
imamelia, you mean the ones in the first post?


Yes. Although, come to think of it, those weren't all that detailed...if the judges felt like it, it would be nice to say more about each one. That would probably be too much work, though.

----------------

I'm working on a hack! Check it out here.
Originally posted by FlareFox7921

Edit: I remembered something. With the banners with enemies in them, wouldn't you have to copy and then draw behind the goombas, for example. Isn't that considered custom?


Yeeesh, everyone for some reason thinks that I did drawing there. It's just layer one and two, the goomba placed on top of the banner. Disable the layers and you'll see.


Congratulations.

(Goes back on hiatus)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yeah, so what if I haven't shoveled out my signature yet, I'll get to it later.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Updated SyStemkraSh's judgments since apparently the link was broke.
Originally posted by VideoGuy
Mind if I ask exactly why mine was disqualified? There weren't any graphical changes (except squaring cement blocks, which was allowed), and I tested the patch to make sure it worked.


Your patch was broken. It had nothing to do with the squaring; it had to do with the fact that none of us could open it.
Originally posted by Ultimaximus
So the vanilla level that closest resembled a chocolate level won the vanilla contest then?


LOL! Exactly. Surprising? Not at all.

Seriously though, congrats to Lynnes.

MooT





My life has not involved SMW hacking for the past several months...I still love you guys though!
Enter the musical world of Moot Booxlé.
My last name is pronounced Boox-LEE, like...um...Bruce Lee. Check this out.
Funkatized layout courtesy of Awesome (aka Counterfeit)
Question:

Does systemkrash plan on finishing his reviews, or is he just letting the judgments die?

I'd be curious to see how he would have scored things, even if it doesn't count for anything...
Originally posted by jesus
Question:

Does systemkrash plan on finishing his reviews, or is he just letting the judgments die?

I'd be curious to see how he would have scored things, even if it doesn't count for anything...

I was considering it, so I flipped a coin. I called Tails and it landed on Heads, so I guess I'm stopping my judging.
Expect my angry PM sometime then!
Link Thread Closed