Banner
Views: 844,750,202
Time:
10 users online: Fern4nDitto, Infinity,  JamesD28, kebabchilla, MegaSonic1999, Nirv, OEO6,  Telinc1, The_Uber_Camper, WhiteYoshiEgg - Guests: 37 - Bots: 85 Users: 46,453 (2,758 active)
Latest: niandra
Tip: Doors and pipes act strange near screen boundaries. See this to avoid strange issues.Not logged in.
Super Galaxy World [Demo + Music]
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Spring 2010 - Super Galaxy World [Demo + Music]
Pages: « 1 »
NO! STOP! Before you go on, know that this hack contains no fancy gravity tricks like the original Super Mario Galaxy. If the title mislead you, please spam a mod with complaints. Thank you.

*ahem* Anyway, this is my first hack (depending on how you define first). It is based off of Super Mario Galaxy, in that I'm trying to make it Super Mario World with Super Mario Galaxy themed locations, storyline, etc. So the first world is a grassland (ala the Good Egg and Honeyhive galaxies), the second world contains low gravity platforming and a futuristic-y space-y type level (like the Space Junk and Battlerock galaxies), and the third world contains tropical levels and eerie levels (inspired by the Beach Bowl and Ghostly galaxies).

There really are no ASM hacks, because, like I said before, I'm trying to make this as feel as close to Super Mario World as possible. However, I eventually gave in and included the Star Spin, which you can preform in the air by pressing A. (Small note: Mario's luma decided to glitch up last minute so I had to remove him; he still makes a sound, you just can't see him.)

As of now, it has a few custom sprites, some custom blocks, some ExGFX, and a handful of minor ASM hacks, for anyone who cares. It also has some custom music, but the levels I've shown don't have any because I've been too lazy to port the Good Egg Galaxy music, and music for any other part of Super Mario Galaxy is hard to come by.

Expecting screenshots? TOO BAD. WALUIGI VIDEO TIME.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5H4G0zfYFM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h5H4G0zfYFM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And now, I present a download of a 4 level demo. Patch it to a clean ROM.[/obvious]

Super Galaxy World Demo and Custom Music

Also included in the download (as you can see in the title) is a selection of custom music I've made; some of them I'd like to think are pretty good, but you'll have to decide for yourself. If you don't have an SPC player on hand then there is a fifth level in the demo that you can play that has all the music included with the exception of one.

Finally, because I added the star spin so late into the game, if there are any level-breaking applications that you guys can find, I'd like to know.

Happy C3!
I should get a new layout.

Probably won't, though.
Wow really nice music. And cool hack

--------------------
(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)
I rather like the idea of using the spin jump from SMW as the Galaxy one. I think it's better then the spin jump in NSMBWii. Also, ON/OFF gravity is nice too. The ghost house was pretty good considering it's not the usual "choose the right door or you go back to the beginnning"

--------------------
I've realized this was outdated.


Looks fun, nice puzzles. The only thing is the lack of SMG music/graphics. I know you said you want it like SMW, but honestly that's boring to me. But your the creator, I'm just one guy, and everybody else is fine with it, so do as you wish.

--------------------

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Originally posted by Rabees
Looks fun, nice puzzles. The only thing is the lack of SMG music/graphics. I know you said you want it like SMW, but honestly that's boring to me. But your the creator, I'm just one guy, and everybody else is fine with it, so do as you wish.


Well, the lack of music is really because of the lack of available MIDIs online. I can't compose a song to save my life. As for the graphics, my drawing skills are about as good as my composing skills.

Essentially, I just want it to play like Super Mario World. The closer it looks to Super Mario Galaxy the better.

And thanks for the comments, everyone!
I should get a new layout.

Probably won't, though.
Interesting.

Also, I tried using invisible guide lines once. Didn't work at all.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.


Originally posted by Kipernal
Well, the lack of music is really because of the lack of available MIDIs online. I can't compose a song to save my life. As for the graphics, my drawing skills are about as good as my composing skills.

Not sure about MIDIs, but Mario Fan Game Galaxy probably has some SMG graphics you could rip.

--------------------

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Originally posted by Spud Alpha
Interesting.

Also, I tried using invisible guide lines once. Didn't work at all.


ExGFX is your friend. #w{=D}

Originally posted by Rabees
Not sure about MIDIs, but Mario Fan Game Galaxy probably has some SMG graphics you could rip.


I took a quick look, the only graphics they had were a few Mario and powerup texture rips, and the only thing in terms of a tileset was...not that great. I'll definitely keep an eye out, though, because I completely agree with you on the graphics/music thing.

I should get a new layout.

Probably won't, though.
I'm sure there's someone on this site who's good with making graphics like this. You should ask around after C3.
Originally posted by VideoGuy
I'm sure there's someone on this site who's good with making graphics like this. You should ask around after C3.

After C3? I think C3's a pretty good time to ask.

--------------------
(=´∀`)人(´∀`=)

From the looks of it, it's a nice hack. I am not going to download it though, since I've already downloaded a lot of hacks.



I might put some sort of signature here once. I guess.
Somebody just released some ASM for gravity flipping. From the looks of his video, it's practically SMG.

--------------------
I've realized this was outdated.
Originally posted by HyperShadow32
HuFlungDu just released some ASM for gravity flipping. From the looks of his video, it's practically SMG.

Fixed your quote for you. #w{=D}

Yeah, I was thinking about that; I will use it a bit, but I'm leaning on the side of caution because I can already tell that it is going to be an overused feature.
I should get a new layout.

Probably won't, though.


Originally posted by Kipernal
Yeah, I was thinking about that; I will use it a bit, but I'm leaning on the side of caution because I can already tell that it is going to be an overused feature.

I was making a Super Mario Sunshine hack and then WYE released his F.L.U.D.D. Sprite. It will also probably be overused. I think we should both be counted out as "overusers" because we started our hacks before that stuff came out. >:[

--------------------

Who knows when I'll have
something to put here.


Credits go to Counterfeit for the bitchin' post layout.

Originally posted by Rabees
I was making a Super Mario Sunshine hack and then WYE released his F.L.U.D.D. Sprite. It will also probably be overused. I think we should both be counted out as "overusers" because we started our hacks before that stuff came out. >:[


I'm assuming that that comment was sarcasm and will treat it as such.

All I'm really saying is that, while flipping gravity is a lot of fun, if it is used too much, be it in one hack or on 50 collectively, then it loses its charm. Of course I'll use it, and I already have some ideas for how to have some fun with it, but it would become boring fast if I used it in every single level, hence why I'm being a bit careful with how I use it.
I should get a new layout.

Probably won't, though.
Pages: « 1 »
Forum Index - Sunken Ghost Ship - C3 Museum - Spring 2010 - Super Galaxy World [Demo + Music]

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy