Originally posted by brad soup
Not that I know much about hacking, but I would say just take preventative measures and back up your ROM before you patch. Of course, that doesn't help you now, but...you know what I mean.
Here is the order of events that can cause this to go wrong.
1. Person makes a back-up of there hack
2. Person applies IPS patch to there hack
3. Person spends two months hacking there hack
4. Person desides wants to remove the patch that he made two months ago
5. Person goes to the backup he made and then realizes the dreadful truth.
PERSON JUST LOST TWO MONTHS WORTH OF WORK!!!
See the problem?