As of this post the first level has been completed. Pictures are as follows:
My goals for this hack:
- Each level will be at least 10 (hexadecimal) screens long.
- Each level will contain something unique that separates it from every other level.
- At least every other level will contain a bonus level of some kind. (The last world may be a possible exception to this)
- Each level will contain at least one kind of switch block (Green switch palace (?) is an exception).
- This hack will contain at least 30-40 levels (at least 4 worlds worth)
- Each sprite in SMW (normal and extended) will be used at least once in the hack.
Some stuff I need:
(I'll edit this as needed)
- (tool) Lunar Magic 1.82 (I'm slow :<)
- (patch) Noobish Noobsicle's Yoshi Flutterjump patch (or whatever it's called)
- (patch) That patch that makes red switch blocks give you flowers and blue switch blocks give you stars.
- (block) Small vertical and horizontal pipes that small Mario can enter. <----- REQUEST!
- (block) A block that acts like 16B (yellow switch block) (Don't ask)
Some things I will need help with:
- I am planning on making
, mushroom, ghost house, and castle tilesets based on vanilla graphics, much like the grassland, underground, and switch palace tilesets I've already made. If you have suggestion about what I should use for these tilesets, please tell me.
- I am considering using custom music. However, I don't play many commercial video games and don't use custom music in my hacks (except for my choco contest entry), so I don't really know many good songs. Again, suggestions would be awesome. However, I would like to avoid songs that are overused. Original songs would be <3
- I'm not planning on using bosses or fancy asm, but I am open to suggestions on this too if you can help. :>