Banner
Views: 584,776,215
Time: 2017-11-24 02:34:45 AM
10 users online: DM0NEY, GW8, Hinalyte, Jaune, MaxodeX, o Mirann, MrMrMANGOMILK, Sariel, Wind Fish, Y.Y. - Guests: 39 - Bots: 193Users: 33,031 (1,433 active)
Latest: thecatgamer137 on roblox
Tip: The music in SMW's default castle/ghost house intros and boss battles can be changed by hex-editing. See $0584DB-$0584E2 in the ROM map.Not logged in.
Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 138 139 »
There's still the bother of implementation and maintenance. Extraneous features, even if useful in some situations, aren't always worth implementing.

Besides, there's no need for exports other than individual atomic parts (like levels, or exgfx files) and full exports (everything). The "full level" doesn't just include all sublevels, but used exgfx and map16 too (along with music and custom sprites and blocks and other things LM doesn't directly modify). A convenience function for exporting use sublevels reduces the number of steps in porting by a marginal amount, all things considered.
Do you insert any code unrelated to credits and castle cutscenes in bank C? (that's all that bank is, right?)
could you please add support for storing graphics uncompressed?
Small but extremely practical feature I'd appreciate to see: the ability to change object size from all sides (as in, you can use top and left in addition to bottom and right, as well as all corners). Shouldn't even be that hard to implement I believe.
That might have some weirdness with screen boundaries. Objects normally stretch down and right from the top-left origin position. Having LM "stretch" them the other ways would ultimately mean moving the object, and if it passes a screen boundary then layering issues may arise (or any of the myriad of odd behaviors the original game objects have with screen boundaries).
Originally posted by Erik557
Do you insert any code unrelated to credits and castle cutscenes in bank C? (that's all that bank is, right?)


Addresses of modifications to the original code can be found here.

Originally posted by Erik557
could you please add support for storing graphics uncompressed?


For what purpose?

Originally posted by Kaijyuu
That might have some weirdness with screen boundaries. Objects normally stretch down and right from the top-left origin position. Having LM "stretch" them the other ways would ultimately mean moving the object, and if it passes a screen boundary then layering issues may arise (or any of the myriad of odd behaviors the original game objects have with screen boundaries).


Pretty much. Doing a proper job of it would have been annoying, which is why it wasn't implemented back when LM was first made.

However... after mulling it over this weekend, I realized it should be possible to just redefine the operation in a way that LM's existing code (with a few tweaks and additions) would already know how to deal with. Will look into it.
Does Lunar Magic modify any of the routine at $009FB8? It's not listed in the hijack map, but I thought maybe the new Layer 3 system would mess with it.
It is listed in the hijack map. All changes to original code locations should be.
Oh, you're right. It's just not at the beginning of the routine.
I would like to see a reload ROM function, it should be like the reload buttons from the palette and overworld editors. Adding a button isn't completely required, just adding it as a function inside LM (like "LM_FILE_OPEN_ROM") so people will be able to set it as a shortcut via a custom toolbar.

I know you can always open the Recent ROM list, but having a way to reload the ROM from your keyboard shouldn't hurt I guess?

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
+1. Pretty sure I brought this up before but it would be nice to be able to reload, like when messing with custom files (those <romname>.xxx files for Lunar Magic)

--------------------
Anime statistic on MyAnimeList:
400 animes completed ✓
6000 episodes completed ✓
100 Days completed ✓
... what even am I doing with my life?
I know this might be slightly off topic yet still in the correct place, if that makes any sense, but yeah, I was trying to search for any interviews of Fusoya on the web. You know, because this invidudal is incredibly talented as we all know for making the LM editor.

Anyway I ended up coming across a Final Fantasy 4 game play video with the name Fusoya in it.

In all this time I thought the creator of LM was actually named Fusoya, like that was his real name. And now I find out that it's from Final Fantasy.

I don't know, just a finding I came across.

Seems like there is also a relation between Fosuya and the word Lunar in Final Fantasy too.

The only reason I found this surprising is because I've never played FF4 before so I didn't know about the character.
Originally posted by Final Theory
I was trying to search for any interviews of Fusoya on the web. You know, because this invidudal is incredibly talented as we all know for making the LM editor.



Found this one: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/fusoya/fusoya-interview.htm
Originally posted by Final Theory
I know this might be slightly off topic yet still in the correct place, if that makes any sense, but yeah, I was trying to search for any interviews of Fusoya on the web. You know, because this invidudal is incredibly talented as we all know for making the LM editor. Anyway I ended up coming across a Final Fantasy 4 game play video with the name Fusoya in it. In all this time I thought the creator of LM was actually named Fusoya, like that was his real name. And now I find out that it's from Final Fantasy.

This isn't anything new, I'm afraid. Relm (as in "FuSoYa, defender of Relm" in LM's About dialog) is also a Final Fantasy Character.

(FuSoYa also frequented a FInal Fantasy newsgroup back in the day.)

--------------------


 
Originally posted by LX5
I would like to see a reload ROM function, it should be like the reload buttons from the palette and overworld editors. Adding a button isn't completely required, just adding it as a function inside LM (like "LM_FILE_OPEN_ROM") so people will be able to set it as a shortcut via a custom toolbar.

I know you can always open the Recent ROM list, but having a way to reload the ROM from your keyboard shouldn't hurt I guess?


Alright, I suppose it can be added to the function list for user toolbars.
Can the message box editor be coded to automatically update the font whenever you change levels in the main level editor?

--------------------
It's Stickerbush Symphony, not Stickerbrush.
I seem to have ran into this bug where the import map16 (#lm{expsel}and#lm{impsel}) are greyed out, despite the fact i didn't do anything to warrant the disabling. Closing and reopening LM seems to temporarily fix the issue.
Hi, I'm a signature!
Hack Thread
Layout by Koopster.
The only way to have them disabled is by having enabled the 8x8 editing mode (#lm{8xt}). Just disable the 8x8 editing mode.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by LX5
The only way to have them disabled is by having enabled the 8x8 editing mode (#lm{8xt}). Just disable the 8x8 editing mode.

but 8x8 editing mode was off, so i have no clue on what happened.
Hi, I'm a signature!
Hack Thread
Layout by Koopster.
Well if you can reproduce it again, post the steps you followed to get it. Reporting that it gets disabled for some reason doesn't help that much.

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 138 139 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2017 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 23

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented