Banner
Views: 777,806,333
Time:
4 users online: Isikoro, Katrina, Ramon, TheRestingBird - Guests: 29 - Bots: 223Users: 40,807 (1,716 active)
Latest: fedevera11
Tip: If you're using the wall-running purple triangles in your hack, remember to add tile 1EB (or a tile that acts like tile 1EB) underneath it. Extended object 44/45 will include this tile for you.Not logged in.
Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)
Pages: « 1 259 60 61 62 63144 145 » Thread Closed
Originally posted by FuSoYa
It works fine for me. Best to verify that you're using the version of LM that you think you are, as it was only changed recently.


Yep, I checked. However, secondary exits seem to be working fine. I'm a little confused - I was having a hell of a time with my C3 demo in early July - but it works now. Cool, thanks.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
That's still as by design. I've been thinking about updating the screen exits dialog to remove that limitation, as I did with the secondary exits one.


Yeah, that would be really helpful, especially in rooms like Front Door where you constantly have Screen Exits.
Originally posted by MarioFanGamer659
there is a bug in LM where if you disable the displayed animations, the emulator doesn't stop if you die and so the YI overword music will be played and pressing by pressing A, B, X or Y you're in level x00 (endles bonus game).


I suppose I should either pause or kill the emulator when animations get turned off, as you can't really play like that anyway. Thanks for pointing this out.

Originally posted by Egadd
Originally posted by FuSoYa
That's still as by design. I've been thinking about updating the screen exits dialog to remove that limitation, as I did with the secondary exits one.


Yeah, that would be really helpful, especially in rooms like Front Door where you constantly have Screen Exits.


Alright, it's been implemented for the next version.
Ah, I was thinking something about locking hacks. Why don't add a option which you can revert the lock state on a ROM via LM restore system? That could help some guys that forgot to make a backup on hack because they have using (and addicted) the LM restore system, like me for example ^_^'

--------------------
GitHub - Twitter - YouTube - Blog - SnesLab Discord
It would be really nifty if the "scan for undefined exits" button would ignore parts of doors and pipes in extended objects.
Originally posted by Vitor Vilela
Ah, I was thinking something about locking hacks. Why don't add a option which you can revert the lock state on a ROM via LM restore system? That could help some guys that forgot to make a backup on hack because they have using (and addicted) the LM restore system, like me for example ^_^'


You can already pretty much do that. Open up some other ROM that you want to change into your hack, and in the restore dialog use the browse button to locate your hack's restore file in the sysLMRestore folder.

Or just replace your locked ROM with a fresh ROM that has the same filename as your hack.

Originally posted by Ragey
It would be really nifty if the "scan for undefined exits" button would ignore parts of doors and pipes in extended objects.


Er, I don't really see how crippling the scanner would be useful. If the tile is exit-enabled, then the scanner should check for it regardless of which object it came from.
Originally posted by FuSoYa
Er, I don't really see how crippling the scanner would be useful. If the tile is exit-enabled, then the scanner should check for it regardless of which object it came from.


I highly doubt anybody uses extended objects with the garbage tiles LM pulls by default, though.
I doubt many are replacing the extended objects to do something other than what they do by default either.
ObjecTool.

It's really only an issue for extended objects numbered 98 and up, but anyone using that patch is replacing the unused extended objects with something more useful.

I've not personally run into a null object having part of a door or pipe in it (I'm only using 2 at the moment), but I can see how it would get annoying.

--------------------
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
Yeah, I use ObjecTool as well, and I've run into that problem. Though admittedly, using custom objects with the resources we have produces bigger annoyances than that.
While we're on the subject, it would be nice to have a way set the display for custom objects inserted through ObjecTool much like you can for custom sprites.

--------------------
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
User: Hinalyte / ID: 1553 ~ loading kotori.css
Hmm, is it me, or the Screen Boundaries (F3) feel kinda obsolete to use because of the Screen Exits (F1 or #lm{vex})?

Anyway, I have a suggestion: a screen boundary that shows the area of how emulators can normally see. Well, something like LMSW, but a screen boundary. Varies with the FG Initial Postion.
SMW C:\\user_19007_shree\posts >> target.display('layout_mathos','Sea of Science')
A fill bucket feature, like in Paint. This would be helpful for filling up large grounds with the dirt tiles without destroying the right-click button. Oh, and the same for OW too :3

--------------------
Originally posted by shreerocks1324
A fill bucket feature, like in Paint. This would be helpful for filling up large grounds with the dirt tiles without destroying the right-click button. Oh, and the same for OW too :3

keep in mind lm has no undo command

which means if you mess up and dont close a part of the ground, you end up with the whole level filled with dirt that would be tedious to remove. same applies to overworld

another problem is that the fill would prolly be done by individually placing single map16 tiles since it cant determine what shape it has to fill; bye bye optimization


scaling a single dirt piece, or multiple for odd shapes, works fine for now.


Originally posted by HyperMario
Hmm, is it me, or the Screen Boundaries (F3) feel kinda obsolete to use because of the Screen Exits (F1 or #lm{vex})?

yeah, ive always felt this too. i only use f1, and f2 when i need to see subscreen
That reminds me, we could reeeeally use a Undo button.
Some people want to use LM by other language than English.

If there is external language file, it is good for them.
Good idea because some peoples can't speak English so good (but not me :P ).

--------------------
Okay, my layout looks ugly.
I had to transfer my hack to a new rom today. Know what would be really useful? The ability to export and import the entire overworld.

--------------------
I have a hack thread - Link (Now with a demo!)
Also a music thread - Link

C3 Projects
2013: Modern Spiny Pack
2012: MGSS v0.1
Spring 2010: SMB2 Autobomb Sprite
There's no way to export it, but if you load a new ROM, the old overworld remains in the OW editor, so you can just save that.

I don't know how often I've seen that trick mentioned. It should probably be made more obvious.
(Or a proper export button, of course, but that seems harder.)

--------------------
<blm> zsnes users are the flatearthers of emulation
Yoshiatom's Post
I would like the ablity to put custom toolbar buttons in the first row, since acording to Lui37 its impossible... #ab{:(}

Layout by Koopster!

<DeputyBS> I knew it
<DeputyBS> alcarobot is taking over the world through his truck dealership franchise
Originally posted by HackSMW
Some people want to use LM by other language than English.

If there is external language file, it is good for them.


Sure.

I Suggest to add these languages:
-Polish
-German
-Spanish
-Portugese
-French
-Japanese
Pages: « 1 259 60 61 62 63144 145 » Thread Closed
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Resource & Tool Releases - Lunar Magic suggestions and discussion (LM v2.52)

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 9

Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented