If I had to choose a single favorite, that would be Bohemian Rhapsody
, by Queen. It's quite honestly one of the most intriguing and cleverly made songs ever, if I do say so myself.
Now, if I had to pick out more than one favorite... aside from Bohemian Rhapsody, of course, I would probably go with the following:
- Queen and David Bowie - Under Pressure - This almost ties up with Bohemian Rhapsody per se in terms of epicness.
- Rush - The Spirit Of Radio - This song has so much energy coming from it. Besides, the guitar solo there is quite impressive, and that is something we all should agree on.
- Europe - The Final Countdown - Also known as one of the catchiest things I've ever heard. Seriously, this song has managed to get stuck into my head for at least a good three weeks period or so.
- Kiss - Detroit Rock City - Yeah, for whatever reason this song seems to stand out to me among the rest of their compositions. It's energetic enough to put me in a good mood, at least.
- Capital Inicial - O Mundo - I doubt it any of you know this song, or the band that plays it for that matter. It's an internal Brazilian band that had an unbelievably high reputation back in the 80's, albeit is not that appreciated these days since we are in the 21st Century now and most people obviously moved on to other music genres. I love this song - it's awesome enough to earn its spot here, in spite of it being a completely unknown tune to non-Brazilian ears. :p
There are likely more songs, but those'll do it for the time being.