Language…
21 users online:  AmperSam,  Anorakun, aroohwahoou, becca, formulachicken, Hat Kid, KAMESUTRA, Mapping_bl, margot,  MarioFanGamer, Murphmario, Nitrogen,  NopeContest, PencilLaddy,  racknae, RichardDS90, ShUriK KiD, Shuttles, twicepipes, Valentine, WhiteYoshiEgg - Guests: 118 - Bots: 210
Users: 55,680 (2,387 active)
Latest user: shinkintoad

Ask anything about SMW Hacking - 2019 Edition

  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 287
  • 288
  • 289
@linkunarre: No. LM is not supported on Android.

Celarix | [email protected] | Avatar by Uhrix
Hey, No matter what level I add Magikoopa to, anything he shoots turns into a koopa. It doesn't matter if it is wall, ceiling, Map16 or not. Why is this?
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Originally posted by iRhyiku
Originally posted by smwExpert

Originally posted by iRhyiku
How would I edit the postion of coins/timer etc. in the Status Bar WITHOUT using the tools in the tools section as they break my ROM?

It's pretty difficult to do I think, but take a look at the top 15 or so addresses on the ROM map page. They have to do with status bar tile stuff.


I thought that changed the tiles of the status bar, not the counters (i think thats what they are called)

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your question. In that case, I don't know.
Currently working on a website that lists Minecraft Servers... if you have any suggestions for my Minecraft server list, let me know.
For the bonus game, do you NEED the slot machine? Or can you just have a goal sphear, or something like that to finish it?
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Originally posted by steeledminer
For the bonus game, do you NEED the slot machine? Or can you just have a goal sphear, or something like that to finish it?


Yes, you can, but you can also disable the bonus game all together with a simple hex edit:

Originally posted by ROM Map
x1167 - [8D 25 14] Change to EA EA EA to disable entering bonus game when player has 100 bonus stars.

Currently working on a website that lists Minecraft Servers... if you have any suggestions for my Minecraft server list, let me know.
Originally posted by steeledminer
Hey, No matter what level I add Magikoopa to, anything he shoots turns into a koopa. It doesn't matter if it is wall, ceiling, Map16 or not. Why is this?

Does the level by any chance use layer 2 as level data? Magikoopa's magic doesn't work properly in those levels, and behaves as you are describing it.
My YouTube channel
Get the official ASMT resource pack here!

Originally posted by smwExpert
Originally posted by iRhyiku
Originally posted by smwExpert

Originally posted by iRhyiku
How would I edit the postion of coins/timer etc. in the Status Bar WITHOUT using the tools in the tools section as they break my ROM?

It's pretty difficult to do I think, but take a look at the top 15 or so addresses on the ROM map page. They have to do with status bar tile stuff.


I thought that changed the tiles of the status bar, not the counters (i think thats what they are called)

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your question. In that case, I don't know.


Thats okay, atleast you tried ;)

All i need to do really is to move the lives counter up 1 and right 1..
The other counters are fine, wheres the adress for that?

2DDC9 $05:DBC9 2 bytes Coordinate Position of Lives Counter
is for the OverWorld lives counter.. could someone edit that to make it more understandable please? to stop people like me getting confused why it isnt working again :>
Originally posted by yoshicookiezeus
Originally posted by steeledminer
Hey, No matter what level I add Magikoopa to, anything he shoots turns into a koopa. It doesn't matter if it is wall, ceiling, Map16 or not. Why is this?

Does the level by any chance use layer 2 as level data? Magikoopa's magic doesn't work properly in those levels, and behaves as you are describing it.

Ahh... But one of the ones I tried has layer 3 not Layer 2.
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Hey guys I'm kinda new to rom hacking so I have a really begginer question:

I'm doing my OW and I'm adding events. Just like original SMW one of my first levels leads to the yellow switch (event 0). Ok, now I'm in yellow switch. When I pass the yellow switch how do I make it explode so I can't enter it again? I just know how to add events discovering paths and new levels.

Ty!
Originally posted by passi0n
Hey guys I'm kinda new to rom hacking so I have a really begginer question:

I'm doing my OW and I'm adding events. Just like original SMW one of my first levels leads to the yellow switch (event 0). Ok, now I'm in yellow switch. When I pass the yellow switch how do I make it explode so I can't enter it again? I just know how to add events discovering paths and new levels.

Ty!

You gotta use the Collapse (the destroyed castle on the top).
You select a tile, and hit the Collapse button and assign it a slot that decides what even destroys it and change that event to whatever you want.
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Originally posted by steeledminer
Originally posted by passi0n
Hey guys I'm kinda new to rom hacking so I have a really begginer question:

I'm doing my OW and I'm adding events. Just like original SMW one of my first levels leads to the yellow switch (event 0). Ok, now I'm in yellow switch. When I pass the yellow switch how do I make it explode so I can't enter it again? I just know how to add events discovering paths and new levels.

Ty!

You gotta use the Collapse (the destroyed castle on the top).
You select a tile, and hit the Collapse button and assign it a slot that decides what even destroys it and change that event to whatever you want.


Ty it worked, the switch got destroyed, but another level of mine appears on the OW which I haven't assigned any event, I'll try to fix it myself!

Edit: Fixed, ty for the help!
Hey.. When building a custom bonus game, can you just copy the bonus level from level 0 to level 100?
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Originally posted by steeledminer
Hey.. When building a custom bonus game, can you just copy the bonus level from level 0 to level 100?

Yes, just use the save level to ROM button in the file menu (or ctrl+I), and save it as level 100.
Currently working on a website that lists Minecraft Servers... if you have any suggestions for my Minecraft server list, let me know.
Originally posted by smwExpert
Originally posted by steeledminer
Hey.. When building a custom bonus game, can you just copy the bonus level from level 0 to level 100?

Yes, just use the save level to ROM button in the file menu (or ctrl+I), and save it as level 100.


Is it ok to have 2 different games? I don't see why it wouldn't be, just curious.
My Youtube Channel
Everything related to SMW goes there. Check it out!
No, you shouldn't make rooms 0 and 100 different; I think they're both used for the bonus game for some reason.
Currently working on a website that lists Minecraft Servers... if you have any suggestions for my Minecraft server list, let me know.
Hey, I asked this question in my thread but it seemed to have gotten bypassed and I'm kind of desperate to get this answered since I'm currently working on a level that involves this but...anyways

Right now I'm currently Working on a level that Involves Layer 2 smashing down but I seem to run into two problems. One, Layer 2's graphics look glitched up; 2 Layer 1 won't show up at all for some reason.

I'm not excatly sure how to set it the right way, since I never worked with Layer 2. If you can help or answer this I'd really appreciate it.
My Youtube Channel for Hacking and Gaming.
Originally posted by EvilGuy0613
Hey, I asked this question in my thread but it seemed to have gotten bypassed and I'm kind of desperate to get this answered since I'm currently working on a level that involves this but...anyways

Right now I'm currently Working on a level that Involves Layer 2 smashing down but I seem to run into two problems. One, Layer 2's graphics look glitched up; 2 Layer 1 won't show up at all for some reason.

I'm not excatly sure how to set it the right way, since I never worked with Layer 2. If you can help or answer this I'd really appreciate it.

What is the setting? There is a setting for Layer 1 Transparency, and some settings can't be used "(SNES registration whatever.... Mariohead)
So remember kids! If you ever get caught having tosave a princess from a foreign land after getting dragged down a drain pipe, jumping while spinning in a circle can help you greatly by allowing you to jump on spinning saw blades, ghosts, and allow you to control your jump better!


Originally posted by steeledminer

What is the setting? There is a setting for Layer 1 Transparency, and some settings can't be used "(SNES registration whatever.... Mariohead)


Horizontal Layer 2 Level. Level Mode 02
My Youtube Channel for Hacking and Gaming.
How do I make a palette file?
I used to use this site a lot back in like, 2011. Hopefully you don't remember me.
How do I do 2 different palettes for objects without GFX editing? (I believe it's done with the "Don't Change Palette" option, but I could be wrong ...)
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 287
  • 288
  • 289