List your dark secrets related to video games here.
I don't really like the original SMB. I appreciate what it did for the genre and all, and it certainly isn't a bad game, but to me it always felt very "arcade-y," the graphics were relatively bland (SMB2J fixed that, though), and virtually every Mario game since has been leagues better.
Super Paper Mario is my favorite out of the Paper Mario games. Now don't get me wrong here; I love the other two Paper Mario games. But I found Super Paper Mario's combination of platform and RPG elements to be, while admittedly a bit odd sometimes, very refreshing and fun to play. That, and it had some of the greatest villains in Mario history (Bleck > Shadow Queen any day), as well as what I consider to be the best story of the three.
The only Zelda games I've finished are Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and a Link to the Past, even though I also own Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Wind Waker I never finished because of that whole "doh ho ho now search the ocean for all those map pieces so much fun doh ho ho," and I never finished Phantom Hourglass because of that awful Temple of the Ocean King (I tried to like it; I really did, but I just couldn't). I don't know why I never finished the other two, though.
1. The original SMW, while a few levels still sorta entertain me, and a few of the bosses are enjoyable, has really bored me ever since I found out what one can do with, even in vanilla hacks.
2. I've owned a lot of video games, but I've only recently been able to complete a few of them. Honestly, despite the fact that I love gaming to death, I'm not a really good gamer. Hell, I can probably count the number of (real) games I've beaten on one hand!
3. I can't bring myself to enjoy any of the original Super Mario Bros. games except for 2. Yes, the American one.
4. Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite Mario game until the disc stopped working.
5. My GameCube exploded.
6. Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak is one of my favorite video games of all time. Yes, I'm being serious. I actually enjoy a children's game about fixing love between hamsters that some retarded devil-ish dude broke.
7. I find Zelda overrated. It's not too bad, but...
-I hate the legend of zelda, since forever
-I hated SMB2 because it was too hard for me and it got worse when I found out about Doki-Doki panic
-I never really cared about metroid
-Sonic DX has too many glitches and just sucks. So does sonic heroes. It's all recycled levels.
-I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed every Legend of Zelda game.
-I never liked the 2D Metroid games. I usually get bored mid-game and never finish them.
-Didn't like SMB1 all that much either, though this was due to the game's physics being unbearable.
-When I fell in the water in Treasure Trove Cove in Banjo Kazooie I used to shut my N64 off before Snacker appeared.
-I never played banjo-kazooie (any of them)
-i never played chrono trigger
-I hate the old sonic games
-I like castlvania 64 (except for the camera)
-I like Mario golf games
-I hate Mario RPG
-Shadow the hedgehog and Adventure battle 2 are my favorite sonic games
-I think there's H-games in xbox indie games selection
-I only played the first FF game (and the tenth)
-I like playing that game my avatar is from (except for the gun, that is a near exact copy of my main)
-I have never played any RPG games aside from Chrono Trigger
-I really enjoy playing almost all metroidvania games in existence
-I really love Professor Layton
-I really like Touhou, but not other STGs
-I haven't played any of the Zelda games on a console (non-handheld)
- I enjoyed the Water Temple in OoT.
- I have yet to finish Half-Life 2.
- I played through portal more then 40-50 times.
- I seriously don't like the Sonic games and think they are repetetive.
- I do not enjoy Super Mario Brothers 3 like most people do that much.
- I played Call of Duty once and wanted to burn that piece of shit.
- I prefer Super Mario Sunshine over Super Mario 64.
- I have played every single main story pokemon game to date, all versions and caught them all in most of the games.
Also: When I was young I didn't know I could grab things in Super Mario World.
And thus I went through the entire game without grabbing anything at all.
I got stuck at Bowser and looked up what to do.
I never realised it, and still to date I find it amazing that I never knew that.
-I liked Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Unleashed and Secret Rings a lot
-I like neither Super Mario Bros nor Sonic the Hedgehog 1
-I don't like Metroid 1, Metroid 2, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, but like mostly all other games of the 2 series
-I got to the final boss of Spirit Tracks, but never bothered to finish it (mainly because it's almost impossible on an old DS)
I like SMB1, but I hate the overall feel of the NES, and I really don't like it. (The NES, I mean.)
I think Super Princess Peach is the best platformer on the DS, definitely better than NSMB and YIDS.
I always play through Banjo-Tooie with the fast Banjo and infinite eggs/feathers cheat.
I can't Play SMB1 without taking the shortcuts that take you to world 8 the fastest.
I'm scared of Jolly Roger Bay in Banjo-Tooie.
I've never beaten a 2D sonic game.
Location: Vanilla Grove Galaxy
- When given the choice, I nearly always play as a female in video games. The only exceptions are certain MMORPGs (which I don't play anymore anyway) and Pokemon (which is more like a 60/40 ratio).
- I'm a collector. I pretty much HAVE to have everything in a game. It's like developers realize this and they deliberately put collectibles and missable crap in their games, and it's actually led to me never completing a significant number of the video games I've purchased over the last 10 years.
- I hate 3-D with a burning passion. I never appreciated the sudden shift to 3-D that practically every single one of my favorite gaming series took back in the days of the N64 and PS1, and I still find myself largely indifferent to 3-D titles. This doesn't mean I don't play these games, however...but none of them are in my supposed "top" lists of video games.
- I miss the glory days of gaming when platformers and RPGs were the most talked about genres. Every time someone mentions the newest FPS or berates a game I like that doesn't have up to par graphics, I can't help but shoot them an unsatisfied look.
- I have no tolerance for people that do not appreciate the foundational pillars of great gaming franchises.
- I'm seriously considering getting out of buying consoles altogether unless I land a high-paying job. This generation, I've gotten so much more mileage out of my DS and PSP compared to our Wii and my 360 that with the exceptions of a few titles, I'd have rather not even entertained purchasing these newest consoles.
- Whenever I win something in a game, no matter what, if there's some sort of victory jingle or song, I'll always do a silly victory hand motion in real life in celebration. I've most recently been doing this with catching Pokemon in Black/White.