Banner
Views: 553,456,376
Time: 2017-07-28 02:53:21 AM
21 users online: o Alice3173, Bad luck man, chickaDEE Magazine, Daizo Dee Von, davidx36098, GeckoGamerHD, Golden Yoshi, GW8, Hinalyte, JonKaruzu, Kyanite, Luansilva12, Master0039, Mathos, Mogu94, musicalman, NathanWarford, Prizm, Pseudogon, Raidenthequick, Thomas - Guests: 27 - Bots: 280Users: 31,962 (1,416 active)
Latest: Ghoulstomper
Tip: Yoshi wings take you to level C8 or 1C8. Which one you get depends on the overworld level you're in.Not logged in.
Pitiless - one Pit to rule them all!
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Pitiless - one Pit to rule them all!
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
The harder part starts on screen 05 of level 035 (in LM), up to there everything is relatively easy.
From that point on most sections are rather hard, although the difficulty curve is not as great as I was hoping to make it so there will be some sections that are still quite doable even after that point.

--------------------
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
I don't like your definition of 'relatively easy' ._.

--------------------
Why not go to my Youtube channel?

Originally posted by InitialBN
I don't like your definition of 'relatively easy' ._.


It's all relative :P
In response to the title screen, "Peach, I don't know why I am going through all this just for you, but if I don't get laid, I will make you go through the same level."

--------------------
don't click this link...
So... Could you upload a video of whatever you currently have or this hack please? Or better yet, I'd really like to see an smv too, because it seems like tfb isn't going to finish it, despite saying he would.
I believe he will, though it will take a long time.

Then again, Pitiless took me along time to test too (did I mention that Pitiless, despite appearances, is actually quite hard?). I'll not spoil the fun for all of you by handing out free skips to the first levels just yet.

--------------------
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
His last video, he was playing portal and asking people to send him their portal level hacks. Go onnnnnnn make an unlisted video, I promise I won't tell anyone how it's done =P I'm just dying to see a solution, since I've looked through all the levels on lunar magic, and I'm rather confused with most of them.
I am working on it, my last video was of portal but it doesnt matter, I went over the part with sadistic today and here is the problem, in the level here is a part where you get a mushroom and have to take a hit with it to make some gaps with invincibility frames. You dont have enough time however, thus it is impossible. When we edit the rom in LM, no matter what we do the smv desyncs. So until we figure out how to make it not desync, I cannot progress in it. Happy now?

--------------------
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Originally posted by SoulJester726
So until we figure out how to make it not desync, I cannot progress in it. Happy now?

Hex in/out a lag frame, duh.


Professional frame-by-frame time wizard.
YouTube - Twitter - SMW Glitch List - SMW Randomizer
Originally posted by SoulJester726
I am working on it, my last video was of portal but it doesnt matter, I went over the part with sadistic today and here is the problem, in the level here is a part where you get a mushroom and have to take a hit with it to make some gaps with invincibility frames. You dont have enough time however, thus it is impossible. When we edit the rom in LM, no matter what we do the smv desyncs. So until we figure out how to make it not desync, I cannot progress in it. Happy now?


Aww that's a shame =/ does the smv desync from the beginning of the game or just the room you're in? Since I've edited major bits out of glitch abuse 2 when I was playing it (and I mean like moving around the ceiling and parts of a floor for the WHOLE LEVEL) and it didn't desync for me, so it might be your emulator. Sadly I don't know if you can convert smv's to another emulator.

If you discover that it's completely impossible to recover the progress you've made, would you upload the video of the progress you've done/start over?
@ both of you, it desyncs right at the beginning, but sometimes later on in it, it is really random. I think it is because the block I moved is on layer 2. Tom, if your free, can you help me over skype and try to fix it?

--------------------
This -->Click!!<-- This



thefinalboss726.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/TheFinalBoss726
Lol some of you guys have no confidence in SJ.

--------------------
Why not go to my Youtube channel?

Broke a room in the first level. It's the one with the water. You don't need the Volcano Lotus to reach the pipe.

It had to be done.
To be honest I also skipped the lotus occasionally while testing. But I lost frames whenever I skipped the lotus, I suppose if you can actually save frames by skipping it it'd count as a break.

--------------------
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Is the water room of level 2 possible? Seems like there isn't enough invincibility frames to get pass all the obstacles near the end of the level.

And if you say "no", that's where my TAS ends. Too lazy to go back and fix all the lag differences.
No. This has been pointed out a few posts above you, after which I released a new version in which this is fixed. However the older version has an impossible gap just before it gets hard fun...

--------------------
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
No. This has been pointed out a few posts above you, after which I released a new version in which this is fixed. However the older version has an impossible gap just before it gets hard fun...


Is it fixed in version 1.4? That's what I've got, and it looks to be impossible.
I fixed it in V1.6, I'm afraid. But seeing as you're not the only one extremely disappointed from getting to an impossible spot, just before the levels got hard, I might make an edited release which starts just over there. That way nobody will have to fix lag differences, although frame comparisons with other TASes will become more complicated.

--------------------
Of course you should fight fire with fire, you should fight everything with fire.

Oooh look at my userbar!


Sadistic Designer - testing Pit without tools.
Originally posted by Sadistic Designer
I fixed it in V1.6, I'm afraid. But seeing as you're not the only one extremely disappointed from getting to an impossible spot, just before the levels got hard, I might make an edited release which starts just over there. That way nobody will have to fix lag differences, although frame comparisons with other TASes will become more complicated.


That would be wicked, Maybe change the name of the hack slightly, or something to make it very clear to the viewers of eventual video that this is an updated version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Forum Index - SMW Hacking - Works in Progress - Kaizo Hacks - Pitiless - one Pit to rule them all!

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2017 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Total queries: 21

Menu

Follow Us On

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Affiliates

  • Talkhaus
  • SMBX Community
  • GTx0
  • Super Luigi Bros
  • ROMhacking.net
  • MFGG
  • Gaming Reinvented