Yoshifanatic here again, ready to bring several updates on how yesterday went for me, err, I mean updates for YSQ.
- At this point, I've pretty much finished doing all the minor things I was too lazy to do or forgot to do before I uploaded V1.1, as well as a few things I didn't originally plan on doing. So now, all that's left for me to do for YSQ is wait for Jimmy52905 to finish fixing the Yoshi Abilities patches (as well as fix any glitches that I may have missed). I wonder how much progress he's made since I last PM'ed him 3 weeks ago?
- As for the changes I made, here is just a few:
1. I've added a couple more songs to the game.
2. I changed one of the songs that plays on Yoshi's radio.
3. I added some decorations to a few places that had no decorations before (such as the second part of Not Scary House).
4. I added a bonus room to one of the levels. This room has a silly idea present in it, though I won't say what I put in there.
5. I added a credits sequence that can be accessed by a door I put in the end of demo level.
6. I partially implemented a few ideas that I plan on finishing in the final version. Some of these ideas are quite interesting, though you will have to wait until the final version is out (or if I decide to talk about some of them here) to see what I thought up.
- For V1.2 of YSQ, I don't plan on having anyone playtest this version (other than me, of course), since V1.2 is going to be almost identical to V1.1 (aside from the numerous minor changes I made, and the fact that the custom ASM will be fixed). If someone does
want to playtest V1.2 of YSQ, then I will let you, but whatever you do, DO NOT
TAKE FOREVER TO PLAYTEST!! If you are too busy to playtest YSQ when that time comes, then please tell me that you won't be able to playtest YSQ. I'd rather not get angry again over playtesters who take way more time than necessary to playtest.
- I noticed today that I surpassed the number of songs I used in V1.6 of MSQ (approx. 80 songs were used in V1.6 of MSQ). I wonder if I'll be able to find a use for them all?
- I've decided to not change the player's graphics. It's not because the edited version of the original graphics looked bad or anything (I think they looked fine), it's more because they seem a bit out of place, considering the overall graphics style in YSQ. Also, there is this annoying white line that I can't get rid of that appears on Yoshi's mouth every time he turns his head during his idle animation. This wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't so noticeable (this occurs with the original Yoshi graphics as well, but only one pixel is a different color than it's supposed to be, so it's very hard to notice, unless you pause the game at the right time). This seems to be an emulation bug, since that line appears in zsnes, but not bsnes.
That's all the updates I got for now. Also, since V1.1 of YSQ has been out for a while now, how is the hack? Are the 18 people (as of this writing) who downloaded V1.1 of YSQ enjoying it? Is there anything I could do to improve it for V1.2? I want to know what you guys think of it.
Mario's Strange Quest V1.6
Yoshi's Strange Quest V1.3
/ V1.3.1 Beta 4.6
Mario & Yoshi's Strange Quests
My SMW/SMAS/SMAS+W disassembly
Yoshifanatic's Discord Server
: A place for fans of my stuff and/or Yoshi to chat with others.