Hey guys, it's been a while hasn't it? Well, I haven't been up to working on YSQ much this past month or two. I've also been busy with other things, as well, but you guys probably don't want to hear about that. You want to hear about YSQ, right? Well, I'm going to do that. To make up for the long gap between updates, and to show that this hack isn't dead, here's 20 screenshots from various levels showing off YSQ:
Title Screen 2.0 1/2 by Yoshifanatic
Stay smart, shop smart at.... uh, umm,... this store!
Yoshi's New Home
Yoshi's New Home: now with 100% more secrets and 50% less sodium than typical Yoshi houses!
Red Yoshi's Mansion
Can I have that Yoshi plush?
Get some more hand sanitizer! Trust me, you're going to need it.
Purple is the new red.
It's a castle that has a crush on you.
Remember this spot? Well, in the future I predict that that weight loss program I got that fat blue Yoshi (you know, the Yoshi that blocks your path at the end of the current demo) on (which involves eating less, exercising more, and getting hugged a lot) will be a success. What lies beyond him?
Absolutely nothing interesting.
Yoshi must be in heaven right now.
This level is exactly what it sounds like.
Yoshi: What kind of boardwalk is this?! Yoshi can't find the cotton candy stand!!
Holy cow, that is cool!
Yoshi is eating a berry! How awesome is that?
This level is a lot like Giant Chasm, except a lot less disgusting.
(Translation: This place is weird and wacky, like the language I wrote this sentence in.)
Rip Van Castle
What's their problem? I was only listening to heavy metal music that is really loud.
The final castle. Will Yoshi prevail?
Here's some more info about some of the stuff in the screenshots.
- Yes, I drew that store by myself. I used a screenshot as a reference.
- Yoshi's House now serves a bigger purpose than before. When you beat certain levels, you will "unlock" something, which can be accessed from Yoshi's House by touching the ? blocks that are now present. For example, the level known as "Secret House", will now be accessed by touching the note block in Yoshi's house, but you must beat the last level in the special world first before the block will take you there.
- I've gotten better at level design lately. Expect the new levels to have a more varied layout, multiple ways of getting past certain obstacles, and more.
- The picture from Red Yoshi's Mansion not only shows that I've added some decorations to the level to make it look more like a house, but it also shows what most of the cutscenes will now look like in general.
- I intend on showing off a few of the new levels I've shown here in a video sometime in the future (The first one will probably show off the title screen demo (which I have to redo, since I reported everything, and the savestate that had the moves doesn't work for some reason) and the intro).
So, that's about it. It's going to be a while before YSQ is finished since I have 27 levels left to finish. Hopefully, I will be able to finish a good chunk of those levels before I'm not up to working on YSQ again.
Mario's Strange Quest V1.6
Yoshi's Strange Quest V1.3
/ V1.3.1 Beta 4.6
Mario & Yoshi's Strange Quests
My SMW/SMAS/SMAS+W disassembly
Yoshifanatic's Discord Server
: A place for fans of my stuff and/or Yoshi to chat with others.