Thanks for telling me all that, Bleaghhh. I'll be waiting to what you have to say for the remaining levels. Here are my comments to some of your comments (in order).
- The layer 3 on the title screen was one of the ideas me and my brother came up with. The ending of the title screen demo was a case where I almost break a hack submission guideline, but don't.
- Yes, all Yoshi's in the hack will speak in third person.
- The Yoshi overworld sprite was the only one I could find.
- Thanks, the overworld music is SMRPG - World map.
- That rock doesn't look odd to me.
- I'll try fixing that path
- I'll try to make the cave submap more interesting.
Yoshi's New Home
- I'll fix that typo.
- Thanks, that idea was present in MSQ, though I may expand upon it a bit.
- It's explained in the readme.
- I'll fix this typo as well.
- Thanks. The music is SMG2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy, though I noticed that song was removed for lack of looping and for sounding a little empty. It didn't sound that empty to me.
- Yeah, Yoshi feels a bit odd to control. When I played MSQ again, it felt awkward to control Mario, since I got used to controlling Yoshi.
- The P-Switch part is optional. I may adjust this part a bit, though.
- Side Exits are enabled in case the player didn't go to Yoshi's house first to learn about the Yoshi abilities. Moving the goal post further to the right may cause Yoshi to sometimes leave the level without clearing it.
- The purpose of green coins is mentioned in the readme, though I probably should explain what they do in game.
- I'll see what I can do with the invisible coin blocks.
- The cement blocks are pink for variety. Notice how the cement blocks are a different color in each level?
- Thanks. If you are trying to beat this level normally, the time limit is fair, but if you are going for the prize at the end, you don't have much time to reach it.
- It's the same cookie graphics from MSQ. It's a sugar cookie with green and red sprinkles.
- It takes almost 110 seconds to reach the end if you do it quickly, which is barely enough time to get to it. Considering what the prize is, it makes sense to make it difficult to get.
- Yes. the milk in this level is addictive. At least it's not radioactive.
- Would you believe that wasn't intentional? In retrospect, that makes sense.
. No cookies for Yoshi!
- At least it's impossible to flutter jump through the entire level.
- The background at the end of Fattening Plains is the background at the start of the next level.
- Thanks. The background is from Mario and Wario, and the music is SM64 - Bob-omb battlefield.
- Yoshi shrinks when he has something in his mouth, even though it doesn't look like he did. The death ceiling thing needs to be fixed anyway.
- I know about that glitch already. I guess it's like doing barrel rolls in the star fox games.
- Thanks. It's like an all you can eat buffet that Yoshi isn't allowed to eat.
- I checked, and it looks like I only put in four. Whoops.
- Those time blocks trigger when you touch them; you don't have to hit them from below everytime.
- Maybe I should make the boo ring go in the other direction.
Ruby Switch Palace:
- This level isn't part of the demo.
Red Yoshi's Mansion:
- That seems to be a glitch with the green coins, unfortunately.
- You have to make sure there are no sprites on screen, otherwise the mess isn't fully cleaned up (at least that's my explanation). Just put the last shell in Yoshi's mouth to end the battle after defeating the eggs.
- You can still control Yoshi during most cutscenes. In fact, that's part of the joke for the first part of that cutscene.
- That's a glitch that needs fixing.
- Yeah, it is kind of hard. It's actually going to be a level in world four or five in a later version. And yes, I'm trying to make YSQ harder than MSQ.
- You need to take advantage of the level gimmick to reach it.
- Just move to the right a bit to make the chuck respawn.
- Yoshi can't pick up keys with his hands, and the keyhole doesn't activate when the key is in Yoshi's mouth.
- That's another glitch that needs fixing.
Lava Cavern 2:
- It's a sequel to Lava Cavern from MSQ.
Mario's Strange Quest V1.6
Yoshi's Strange Quest V1.3
/ V1.3.1 Beta 4.6
Mario & Yoshi's Strange Quests
My SMW/SMAS/SMAS+W disassembly
Yoshifanatic's Discord Server
: A place for fans of my stuff and/or Yoshi to chat with others.