Banner
Views: 854,429,831
Time:
8 users online: algae5, Cheolpeoduck, Fermín Acosta Jr., KaidenThelens, Kignak, Mreab64, Schneider912, TruffledToad - Guests: 40 - Bots: 59 Users: 47,161 (2,477 active)
Latest: migattenobenjai
Tip: When making your overworld, mix the terrain up! Angled land and multiple colors looks much more interesting than square land and plain colors.Not logged in.
133: Reverse Universe - Aja
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - World 10 - 133: Reverse Universe - Aja
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I'm getting a high-pitched whistles and crackles whenever I do jumps in the first area. A possible issue with the sample bank being used for this level's music? Don't get me wrong, the music is nice, but when it's affecting other sound effects, it's just ear-gratingly annoying.

Anyways, this was a pretty good level, design-wise. For an area that reverses everything right down to the controls, the difficulty felt appropriate for the most part. No jump felt unnecesarily difficult, nothing felt like it was positioned dickishly, and I especially liked how you used the upside-down Jumping Piranhas in some spots.




I found it a little odd that when I died after the midway point, I jumped into a pool of water... and spawned right next to the midway point with no water anywhere. Feels a bit inconsistent, if I go into water, shouldn't I come out of water?

While we're on the subject of the midway point, that second SMWCoin seems awkwardly hidden. Nothing really hints that there is an invisible noteblock there, and the only reason I even manged to find it was because I was hopping around that spot and found it by chance.

(no screenshot)
I found the last reverse-Swooper in the level to be rather harmless.

--------------------

My Let's Play channel (Current LP: Final Fantasy VI, MegaMari)

I didn't knew the inverted color of gray was still gray? Bigger issue is that the dry bones walks the right direction.


If I walk back at the goal roulette...




What's with those munchers and pipe actually?

--------------------
Your layout has been removed.
Originally posted by Bloop
What's with those munchers and pipe actually?


It's a reversing effect. Notice how there was a pipe and a muncher ceiling before the end of the reverse zone? I guess that's what aj6666 was trying to recreate on the normal side.

--------------------

My Let's Play channel (Current LP: Final Fantasy VI, MegaMari)
Let's just say that playing this level was an extremely nerve-wracking experience. It's very difficult to get used to the reversed controls, and several times I ended up taking a dive because I accidentally hit left instead of right to go left, and I ended going the opposite direction either into a boo or something like that, or a pit.

But that's not a big issue.

Either way, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way you did this level, right down to the upside-down jumping piranha plants.

I don't really have anything to point out that hasn't been mentioned before, but either way a great level.
Want to see some of my cool swords? Well, too bad, right now you only get to see one of them, and it's my avatar. Might set up some kind of gallery/portfolio at some point, though.
Originally posted by GeminiRage
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I'm getting a high-pitched whistles and crackles whenever I do jumps in the first area. A possible issue with the sample bank being used for this level's music? Don't get me wrong, the music is nice, but when it's affecting other sound effects, it's just ear-gratingly annoying.

Yeah, I already noticed that, but I don't know why it happens. I didn't use any sample banks for the level.

Originally posted by GeminiRage
I found it a little odd that when I died after the midway point, I jumped into a pool of water... and spawned right next to the midway point with no water anywhere. Feels a bit inconsistent, if I go into water, shouldn't I come out of water?


I wanted to make it so the transition between the normal world and the inverted world was just the same way it did the first time, but I guess I'll just get rid of the water and put a door.

Originally posted by GeminiRage
While we're on the subject of the midway point, that second SMWCoin seems awkwardly hidden. Nothing really hints that there is an invisible noteblock there, and the only reason I even manged to find it was because I was hopping around that spot and found it by chance.

Well, it's a world 9 SMWC coin, so I don't want to make it too easy to find, but if you have an idea on how to give a hint without making it too easy, I'd like to hear it.

Originally posted by GeminiRage
I found the last reverse-Swooper in the level to be rather harmless.

I'll see what I can do about that.

Originally posted by Bloop
I didn't knew the inverted color of gray was still gray?

It is, gray is the only color (besides white and black) that uses the same amount of green, blue and red, so if I invert it I get another color which has the same amounts of those colors, in other words, it's another tone of gray. If you don't believe me you can open that screenshot in paint and invert its colors.

Originally posted by Bloop
Bigger issue is that the dry bones walks the right direction.

Because if I make it walk backwards; its head and body will be separated, and I'm not sure if it's possible to remap the sprite so that won't happen. The sprite is already inverted considering it starts as a bone pile and then stands up.
Ok, so I've fixed some stuff, I didn't think it was necessary to upload annother IPS because they where just minor changes, so I'll post some screenshots instead:


I added these two coins near the midway point, I think the SMWC coin should be easier to find now.


If you die after the midway point you will appear here and the door will lead you right to the midway, that way, there won't be any inconsistence about the water.


I replaced the last reverse swooper with a reverse dry bonnes.

So that's pretty much everything. I'll be sending all the stuff to S.N.N. in a few days unless somebody has something to add.

Wrong corner tile.

Extras



I should have something witty to put here (even if it's just to update dated info), shouldn't I?

Advertising Space

That's the result of the ground tiles being moved to also go under the side ledge tiles. Very easy fix nonetheless.

It might quite possibly be more practical for us all if you could take minor mistakes/oversights such as this, fix them yourself and send them in once you've got a bunch of them.

--------------------
aran - Graces of Heaven
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
Forum Index - Events - Super Mario World Central Production 2 Completion Project - World 10 - 133: Reverse Universe - Aja

The purpose of this site is not to distribute copyrighted material, but to honor one of our favourite games.

Copyright © 2005 - 2020 - SMW Central
Legal Information - Privacy Policy - Link To Us


Menu

Follow Us On

  • YouTube
  • Twitch
  • Twitter

Affiliates

  • Super Mario Bros. X Community
  • ROMhacking.net
  • Mario Fan Games Galaxy