Snifit has been kind enough to make a video showing off each entry see it by clicking here
The idea of this contest is to see how well people can design a short level with some new kind of restrictions.
This submission period will last from today Monday, September 26th, 2011
Thursday, October 27th, 2011 at 11:59 p.m
NOTE: List of level submissions start in my next post.
• length can be only 10 (0A in Hex) screens max (keep in mind screens start at 00)
• Can use multiple lunar magic levels if desired but total screen amount must be 10 (0A in hex) or lower.
• intro screen and title screen do not count toward the screen amount, they aren’t being judged anyway
• Cut scenes do count towards the screen amount
• Only can use 4 GFX files max for TILES (includes ExGFX and original files already inserted) Basically the files that are inserted in the Super GFX Bypass FG/BG. This is to prevent people from going overboard with the graphics.
• Only permitted to use one FG map 16 page and 1 BG map 16 page, however can use whatever is there by default in the 1st two map 16 pages (vine tile, lava, turn block etc).
• Unlimited amount of GFX files for sprites allowed
• Can be vanilla, chocolate, water. (I will not favor one over the other!)
• Please do not submit old levels created prior to the start of this contest
• Can use any version of Lunar Magic
• You can only enter one level into this contest
• Entries MUST be in IPS form and submitted using the file bin (or other method for instant download access)
• Post a link to your ips patch in this topic, if you decide to update make a NEW post
• Leave your level unlocked in lunar magic
• Ghost house/castle/no Yoshi Intros do NOT count towards the screen limit.
• Feel free to add a credits level/ending just make sure it is a separate level on the overworld. (Note that it won’t be judged)
• Please name your level and put the name in the same post as your submission
• Please ensure your level is satisfactory prior to submitting it, you will not be permitted to update your level after the deadline.
• No need to sign up or contact me that you want to enter, everyone is welcome so just post your level when you are done.
How a level will be judged
Level Design -/10
How interesting or unique was the level? Was it original or something we’ve all seen before. If custom sprites were used how well did they fit the level? If Vanilla did the person make good use of original resources?
How did the level look? Did it have an ugly palette, has the palette been used a 100 times before? Is there any graphical or color clash?
Difficulty & Funfactor -/10
Is the level actually enjoyable or does it just annoy or stress the player out? Is it super easy to beat or borderline impossible?
Does everything work like it’s supposed to? Are there sprite limitations, or does slowdown occur?
Maximum points possible 40
Besides a little image of a trophy for the top three level designers I will give out a $5 Amazon gift card for the winner of the contest.
I’ll up the amount to $10 if I get a least 20 Quality entries
I will be judging of course and already have one volunteer; I’d like a least 1 more. If anyone is willing to judge for this contest please PM me. Please only contact me if you are seriously interested in judging and keep in mind that judging will not start until October 28th, 2011 at 12:00 a.m.
I think that's everything, all that is left to say is Good Luck to all!
10/10/2011 EDIT: Rules Updated