So uh.. bump.
It's been almost a year since I last worked on this but I've decided to revive it. However, this time I'm going to work on it completely from scratch and only add features people will use.
That being said, what do you really want from an ASM Editor? Here is what I am definitely planning to add:
- Syntax highlighting (optional and configurable)
- Tooltips (descriptions of ROM/RAM Addresses, opcodes, raw values, etc. when the mouse is hovered over them)
- Integrated assembler (most likely asar, but I could make it configurable)
- Tons of code snippets
- Block, sprite and patch templates
- Easy label/define navigation
- A tool to create code snippets for those who don't want to learn ASM. Eventually, this means a block and sprite maker. The sprite maker will probably be a bit limited, but you should be able to make complex enough bosses with it if my plan works out.
What I might add:
- Code folding (the ability to hide and show pieces of code)
- Some sort of tool to help with porting music
- Some other useful feature I'll probably think of later on
So yeah, opinions would be appreciated. For anyone who wants to check out the last version, here
. Just note that the new one is going to be made from the ground up and will be much better.