This certainly is a lot more smooth to play! Kudos to you!
In any case, my only gripes are:
- As you said, throwing pose
- The a much clearer representation that the Tanuki, during statue mode, is being broken when spin jumped on. I recall seeing it actually has broken tanuki graphics. Maybe having those breaking blocks extended sprites will help show it?
- The hurt by shell pause doesn't seem to convey much that it's only stunned, and you have to jump on it too.
- The rather...long pause when before the Boomerang Bro throws Boomerangs - once you know it happens, you can easily stomp on it since it takes a while before it starts throwing. (Am I the only one who had little problems with the Hammer Bro? :/)
- The rather harmless Tanuki Statue drop. It's easy to dodge, and nothing happens if you don't know what to do. Either put a shockwave when it drops, or when it does drop, shake the level and have those falling rocks thing happen to keep Mario busy.
- Because the Koopa (Elite Goomba) does NOT react when you spin jump, you can easily dodge beat the Koopa by just spin jumping on it, since it won't jump. Unlike the Elite Goomba, though, it doesn't bounce Mario off. I think this is a the main problem right now
- The missing Thwomp move. I actually think that was a cool move, but just need a tone down.
- Finally, this seems to always happen, but a little in to the boss, it keeps turning into a Koopa, which isn't good, since it makes the boss much easier to deal with (especially with the spin jump thing)
All in all, this is definitely a polish product, and is much more fluid and easier to deal with. My gripe is the fact that I think it's too
easy to deal with with a lot of its moves, e.g spin jumping on the Koopa, long pause for Bro to throw Boomerangs, harmless statue drop. There's also the missing (and weird) frames, but eh.
EDIT: This is weird. After your first hit, the Tanuki does other stuff. But after that, it's koopa one after the other like a mentioned. But, it if some way or another you're bad at video games enough to miss two opportunites, it will do the same attacks over, and over again.
Also, after a while, it does turn thwomp mode. But heck, you'll only get to see thwomp mode if you play for a LONG while (I tried this two times, both get the same, similar, results.) There's something weird going on with the move randomizer. It usually favors the leaf throw and the koopa mode, and it's rare to see the other moves, most especially the thwomp move.
EDIT2: The leaves are killable by shell.
EDIT3: Same with shockwaves:
EDIT4: BAH. Noticed another thing: when you get the shell and stay inside the Tanuki's invisible self, and she suddenly teleports to the right, the shell will "die".
EDIT????: Rocks too:
Except, if you throw the shell at the falling rock when before it meet the ground, the rock disappears in a puff of smoke. Meanwhile, if the the rock fall directly on the shell while it moves, then it will it get killed like in the picture.