I’m sorry qazcake but your level needs a lot of work, it isn’t at all what we expect in a Reassembled level either. However I’m willing to work with you to make a much better version that’ll be satisfactory. First read the review below:
1. Starting off it’s a little bland and flat. Also you really should go with a custom palette since this is a Reassembled level after all.
2. Odd that I can pass thru these pipes as if they were bushes. A good rule to follow is to get rid of and objects black line when you want to make them passable. Like this:
However I’d advice against making pipes passable since players have come to expect pipes to always be touchable.
3. A full screen with nothing going on, I see this way too often in this level. Also despite having multiple levels here they’re still all flat you really need to vary up the landscape in this level.
4. Not sure why you changed a few pipes to use palette 7 and why you put dry bones underneath the pipes. The pipe ends up with a bad palette because of the pink color in palette 7 and the dry bones has no chance of causing damage when he’s trapped below these pipes.
5. I’m thinking you meant to use invisible coin blocks here and accidently placed invisible blocks instead. For reference the invisible coin block is tile 21 on the 1st Map 16 page. Even so I don’t recommend using invisible coin blocks in such a random way with no indication that they exist.
6. Finally at this screen the level begins to get engaging and starts to hold my interest. However it’s a little tight especially if you’re playing as big Mario. The cannon on the ceiling is cut off at the bottom. You can easily fix this by flipping it vertically. Also I don’t really like seeing munchers here I think spikes (from the ghost house) would be much more fitting with a ship theme.
7. Seriously this little tunnel goes on for 4 screens (with no variation what so ever) before you finally reach the Yoshi coin, that’s not good design. Also the gray lava is random and unfitting.
8. The player can ignore the turn block bridges and still easily reach the higher level. In a situation like this you should raise the upper level higher so the player actually has to use the turn block bridges to progress.
9. It’s odd and unnecessary to put a power up so close to the goal post.
I rarely suggest this, but in your case I think you should just scrap your current level and start from scratch. You have a good idea (ship theme) you just need to implement it better. I’ve created a tile set you are free to use. It looks like this:
If you want to use it download this ips patch
and you’ll find the tile set (and a level example) in level 103.
If you still want to keep the original level you’ll need to do a major overhaul on it. You should use a custom palette, make the ship look more like a real ship, add more variety to the landscape (slopes, stairs etc), add more enemies and I’d suggest make it more linear (i.e. ditch the tunnels to the Yoshi coins)
@ Oh Hell No
Thanks, your level will appear in the next base rom update.